Deceased/Not Found CA - Sierra LaMar, 15, Morgan Hill, 16 March 2012 #11 *A. Garcia-Torres guilty*

Status
Not open for further replies.

bessie

Verified Insider
Reaction score
tdy-120320-sierra-lamar-2p.grid-5x2.jpg

Sierra LaMar, 15, has been missing since Friday, March 16. She left home early that morning to walk to her bus stop for school. Her cell phone was found along a local roadway shortly after, and her purse/bag was also found later.
Facebook page - www.facebook.com/help.find.sierra

DON'T GO ANY FURTHER UNTIL YOU READ THIS POST!

no one has been cleared but the parents and boyfriend of Siera's mother have not been named persons of interest in the case and we will not be sleuthing or speculating about them at this time...

No arguing, and be respectful of other posters. One opinion is no more valuable than another, and we're each entitled to our own.
Posting links to Twitter accounts and FB pages of individuals other than the victim (and suspect if one is eventually named) is against the rules. Keep in mind that many of Sierra's friends are minors.

Quote:
Social Networks
...social networking pages may only be linked if they are directly related to a case, i.e. the victim or suspect. We don't want to post to someone's mother, brother, employer, milkman, or postal carrier just because they know the main player. We also NEVER link to minor's pages (unless they are the victim).

Rules Etiquette & Information - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community

Case Map (Thanks, Wondergirl!)
http://maps.google.com/maps/ms?msa=...934,0.030041&z=14&source=embed&mid=1332261677

PREVIOUS THREADS:
Thread # 1
Thread # 2
Thread # 3
Thread # 4
Thread # 5
Thread # 6
Thread # 7
Thread # 8
Thread # 9
Thread #10

New thread for Sierra. Please be sure to read the opening post especially the new wording on why there is no sleuthing or speculation of the parents or the boyfriend. Hopefully this will clear up any confusion.

I still can't get past the 200 dollar purse and the books leaning against the shed and cactus. If it wasn't Sierra that did that, I can't imagine a killer bothering to do it and not just toss them, just like the cell phone was tossed. Just can't wrap my mind around it at all.

Retired FBI Agent Speaks On Sierra LaMar Case

"Some of the evidence may not be pertinent in the case but involves DNA examinations and these are always elements that you have to look at," he said.

He said that means there is reason to hope.

http://www.kionrightnow.com/story/17544772/retired-fbi-agent-speaks-on-sierra-lamar-case

Epiph: I am so confused.

I am confused too.. Would this mean that there is no strangers DNA on sierras items, leading LE and Marleen to hope she is the alive somewhere??

Strange that there were two used condoms...MOO

I am confused too.. Would this mean that there is no strangers DNA on sierras items, leading LE and Marleen to hope she is the alive somewhere??

There has to be something the LE has told Marlene to give the hope Sierra is alive still.

But how would it help LE if there wasn't any other DNA found?
And I thought they at least did say they found some helpful evidence...

Volunteer numbers dwindling in search for Sierra LaMar

MORGAN HILL, Calif. (KGO) -- Despite some new leads, the number of volunteers searching for missing teen Sierra LaMar has been dwindling. The sheriff's dive team returned Wednesday to search some ponds just south of the Coyote Creek Golf Course in Morgan Hill. Organizers at the search center are using new tactics to recruit more volunteers to help.

http://abclocal.go.com/kgo/story?section=news/local/south_bay&id=8627100

But how would it help LE if there wasn't any other DNA found?
And I thought they at least did say they found some helpful evidence...

Could be prints or it could be something they found on her phone or laptop . We have never heard any news about what came back from those and they are also sent to the crime lab.

IMO, here's why:

Volunteer numbers dwindling in search for Sierra LaMar

MORGAN HILL, Calif. (KGO) -- Despite some new leads, the number of volunteers searching for missing teen Sierra LaMar has been dwindling. The sheriff's dive team returned Wednesday to search some ponds just south of the Coyote Creek Golf Course in Morgan Hill. Organizers at the search center are using new tactics to recruit more volunteers to help.

Could be prints or it could be something they found on her phone or laptop . We have never heard any news about what came back from those and they are also sent to the crime lab.

True, except media sources are reporting that LE sources are reporting that DNA was found...and Sierra's DNA would not be news, IMO...at least not if found on her items...

I wish the evidence was prints...lots more people probably have their prints in the system than DNA...

Cluciano & Annie, I have looked at news vids released yesterday to try to find the one we watched. I should have linked it then because it helped to know that the pertinent forensic evidence came from either the clothes or the cell. That was a telling elimination from the numerous articles sent to lab. It was not Sgt. Cardoza but one of the deputies or Lt. Smith talking from the field, very much aware he was on camera, who offered that to the public. Naturally, no one has to accept that this information was released but three of us witnessed the statement and the Cupertino Dispatch (Patch) obtained the same facts, actually narrowing speculation to the clothes.

Me too. Might be a poorly constructed article by reporter.

Honestly, I could have told the reporter all this and more...I really hate it when they interview people not associated with a case. JMO

True, except media sources are reporting that LE sources are reporting that DNA was found...and Sierra's DNA would not be news, IMO...at least not if found on her items...

I wish the evidence was prints...lots more people probably have their prints in the system than DNA...

Just watched the video on The KGO link Steve said LE told him forensics so who do we believe media or a parent? And he had a smile on his face for the first time I can remember in awhile. He said it gave them hope to finding Sierra.

Someone asked about epson salts before we moved over.

As far as I understand, it's not the bath salts that you buy at the store, but it's a similar compound that could easily pass as them (kids bringing them home as if they're using them in the bath tub). They're also packaged as bath salts. I had to Google it because I thought kids were using actual bath salts. Wouldn't be the craziest thing people have smoked, but I would think those would just burn their noses if snorted or kill them if injected.

So yeah if your kids bring home a "bath salt" shopping spree... Lol

Cluciano & Annie, I have looked at news vids released yesterday to try to find the one we watched. I should have linked it then because it helped to know that the pertinent forensic evidence came from either the clothes or the cell. That was a telling elimination from the numerous articles sent to lab. It was not Sgt. Cardoza but one of the deputies or Lt. Smith talking from the field, very much aware he was on camera, who offered that to the public. Naturally, no one has to accept that this information was released but three of us witnessed the statement and the Cupertino Dispatch (Patch) obtained the same facts, actually narrowing speculation to the clothes.

I definitely saw that on KGO news with Dan Ashley... On Monday's broadcasts. Wish I could remember the name of the rep. Will let you know. Don Ray from the Sheriff's Office? Cluciano, ring any bell with you?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
branditau.wareham72@gmail