GUILTY TX - Belinda Temple, 30, pregnant, Katy, 11 Jan 1999 *Guilty again in 2023*

KT Can

Reaction score
There was a thread some time ago about this case, but I can't seem to find it so I thought I would post an update to let everyone know that after five years Belinda Temple's husband has been arrested and charged with her murder. To the best of my knowledge, there was never any national media coverage regarding this case, and to be honest, there wasn't much sustained local coverage either considering the fact that she was 8 months pregnant. I haven't heard much about it in the past five years until today. Katy is a suburb of Houston. Here is the link to an article in the Houston Chronicle and links to several articles from our local news stations.

http://www.chron.com/cs/CDA/ssistory.mpl/topstory2/2925212

http://www.khou.com/topstories/stories/khou041130_gj_teacherarrested.ab42f5c6.html

http://www.click2houston.com/news/3959658/detail.html

http://abclocal.go.com/ktrk/news/113004_local_husbandarrest.html

I'm glad he was arrested and maybe now Belinda's family can have some peace. May God Bless she and her baby girl's souls. :angel: :angel:

What a rotten excuse for a man. He reminds me of someone else we know that was recently found guilty of murdering his pregnant wife.

in 1998, Belinda Temple was found shot to death in her home, just two weeks before she was scheduled to give birth to a second child, daugher Erin Ashley.
The 36 year old teacher's husband, a coach, was having an affair with a teacher at his school.

David Mark Temple was just arrested for the murder of his wife. An apparent burglary appears to have been staged--an agressive Chow dog the couple owned wouldn't even let investigators in the backyard--and glass from the broken window (maybe door) seemed to indicate that the door was open and not broken in entry. Additionally, jewelry was not taken from the victim. Drawers were open but not ransacked or emptied. A tv appeared to have been placed on its side, not knocked down.

David Mark Temple's current wife is his former lover. She admitted recently to LE that she had been having an affair--something she downplayed at the time of Belinda's death.
www.chron.com/cs/CDA/ssistory/mp/front/298773

I hope this link works. If not, the basic links www.chron.com should have updates on a regular basis.

I work with people who worked with the victim (neighboring school district.) It is a heartbreaking story. The parents of the victim have seen their grandson ONCE in four years. It is just so sad.

I've been following the LP case too, and saw the news report last night about this guy. What the he11?! Fill me in, girl. WHY did it take them 6 frickin years to arrest this guy? wow! I may have to follow THIS one afte we get Snotty's punishment phase over!

I'm a night owl, so good to find another late nighter!

Rach:p

NewMom2003 said:
I'm glad he was arrested and maybe now Belinda's family can have some peace. May God Bless she and her baby girl's souls. :angel: :angel:

What a rotten excuse for a man. He reminds me of someone else we know that was recently found guilty of murdering his pregnant wife.

Too bad the "Laci" law wasn't in effect back then so he could be tried for double murder.

It's a fascinating and tragic case. It's amazing to me to actually know people who worked with the victim--That school district has a lot of cross-pollination with mine. :innocent: My colleague said she would never forget coming to work the day after and hearing her co-worker sob on her cellphone about their fellow employee. The co-worker kept saying, "it can't be him, it can't be him." So apparently right from the get-go he was the main suspect.

Anyways--I'm not sure why it took six years. I don't have any sources with Harris County or Katy LE. (got a couple but not that jurisidiction.) '
'
Best as I can tell, they had "new information..." i.e., the second wife of the accused--David Mark Temple--admitted to new information, that they WERE having an actual affair before the murder. Why LE couldn't confirm this before, I don't know. The two reportedly according to the new information took a weekend trip together on New Year's Eve weekend and he told his wife/victim that he was hunting that weekend. (I'll have to confirm what's in season...but I honestly don't know anyone who goes hunting all weekend at that time here.)

I believe he was actually indicted shortly after her death but they weren't able to come up with enough evidence. So it was dropped, but I'm sure LE knew all along who had motive, means, and opportunity.

It may be that his second wife--the lover--blew his alibi for the time of death of Belinda, or LE was able to blow the alibi somehow. That's my guess. It's the only thing that makes sense, other than being able to pull something like a connection to the murder weapon, etc.

The evidence is strong that it was a staged burglary, and he had motive. Tying him to the crime seems to be the key difficult factor. Again, as her husband, any trace evidence of hair or fiber, dna, etc can't be considered evidence--he lived there, too. So it boils down to proving a connection with the murder weapon, a confession or comment of some sort to someone else, or proving he lied about his alibi at the time of Belinda's death.

That's all I know. I am going to ask the wife of a CSI at my school (the wife, not the CSI --) if he knows anything about it.

Glad to hear someone else is interested, Rach!

:D

There is more information on Belinda's thread in
Cold Cases

It was stated he had gun residue on his clothing. LE recently obtained a statement from his wife, who was his mistress when the murders occured. I think LE in Texas knew he did this, but were waiting until they had enough to convict.

With prayers for justice, Lanie

It was awesome. Nancy Grace is a hero. A cold case from 6 years ago and she brought out the things that weren't made aware of earlier. If anyone can help solve some of these murders, Nancy can. I will go to hell and back to see her forum stay alive and give peace and justice to families of crime. Bless you, Nancy.

It's the "in the closet" thing that seems really odd to me. Who hides from their husband in a closet? It's hard to picture - it seems like you hide from strangers who break in, in a closet.

If they actually have videotape of him shopping at Home Depot when the shots were fired that killed his wife . . .

There is a case here, Christina Moore who was an engineer with Dell, a beautiful blonde woman, a wife and mother and pregnant.

She also, a couple years ago, was found murdered in her closet. A man has been arrested for the crime, a stanger, and they've kept it so hush hush you can't even find articles in a google search. Strange. It would be nice to have answers in her sad murder.

I watched Nancy's show last nite this case sounds interesting I can't believe it took them 6 years to finally indict him. :furious: I will see if I can find out when the Grand Jury convenes sounds like soon according to his Parents and his brother on Nancy's show last nite. How convenient he couldn't be at the vigel last nite sounds familiar doesn't it?? Nancy was at her Best last nite.!

Sunny - as I understand it, they haven't indicted him. I think this is the third time he's been arrested using the same evidence, and the twice before the grand jury has failed to indict him.

This is apparently their third attempt to get him indicted using the same evidence, which I think is what has led to the tie in with Laci Peterson - apparently right after Scott was found guilty, they rearrested Temple for the third time and are trying again to get an indictment.

I think the timeline is coming up pretty quick - we'll see how it goes.

David Temple is being defended by Dick Deguerin...the same lawyer who convinced a jury to acquit Robert Durst.

http://www.topix.net/search/?q=david+temple&submit.x=60&submit.y=0

Trial set for Katy coach accused of killing wife
KHOU-TV Houston - Thursday Apr 7
David Temple's case will be heard September 12th. David Temple will go on trial September 12th for the murder of his pregnant wife.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shmoozie
Back