GUILTY IA - Markis Dahms, 15 mos, drowned in bathtub, Onawa, 11 Feb 2012

Wow, yet another mother killing their own child. Sick sick sick sick people! If she didn't want him anymore or couldn't deal with him she should have taken him to a fire station to drop him off or just put him up for adoption. The poor kid now has no chance at any type of life on this earth thanks to his own mother.

Well, judging from her mugshot she looks like an angry person.

How scary it must have been for little Markis to look into those blank eyes as she was drowing him.

RIP Markis.

Wow, yet another mother killing their own child. Sick sick sick sick people! If she didn't want him anymore or couldn't deal with him she should have taken him to a fire station to drop him off or just put him up for adoption. The poor kid now has no chance at any type of life on this earth thanks to his own mother.

BBM.
I think most safe-haven laws have a cutoff age of like 1 month. I remember seeing on the news a couple of years ago Nebraska accidentally didn't include a cutoff age, and people were driving in from all over the country to drop off their older kids, a few were 16-17 years old.
So my question is, what is the average age of a child who is murdered by their caregiver? Maybe they should raise the cutoff age accordigly.

Cameron testified during her four-day trial in Monona County District Court that she had left him in the bathtub to get him some shampoo and clean clothes and that when she returned, he was lying face down in the water.

Markis died later that evening at an Onawa hospital.

At trial, Cameron did not challenge the child endangerment charge, admitting that she had left Markis unattended in the bathtub.

http://wcfcourier.com/news/local/wes...9bb2963f4.html

50 years seems really harsh if she didn't mean to do it!

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leannamj
Back