1406 users online (273 members and 1133 guests)  

Websleuths News

Jonathan "Barnabas Collins" Frid dead at 87

we need to encourage harder sentencing on those that are harming our children. our children are worth it!!

stop the circus!! these children as all children deserve to be found and justice brought forth for what has happened to them!!

OMG - first Davy Jones, then Dick Clark, and now Jonathan Frid?

This is turning into a bad year.

What a wonderful actor he was! And it's really sad because the new Dark Shadows movie is some kind of Tim Burton comedy without any of the class of the original Dark Shadows. There will only ever be one Barnabas Collins, and that's Jonathan Frid.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y4OBqtZTelw"]Barnabas Collins arrives at Collinwood - YouTube[/ame]

I'm the proud mother of a new attorney!
    It's better to know some of the questions than all of the answers. ~ James Thurber
    The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good people to do nothing ~ Edmund Burke
    Why shouldn't truth be stranger than fiction? Fiction, after all, has to make sense. ~ Mark Twain

I spent many a day hiding behind the recliner with Aggie our dog, sneaking a peek to see him.
    My Mom's favorite soap back in the day.
    RIP Jonathan
    Justice for Caylee

"We have a different stage. We have the same actress," Sheaffer said.

there will never be another Barnabas like Jonathan Frid but i do have to admit i want to see the one with Johnny Depp. i know its a comedy and as long as they aren't trying to make it out to be like the original...which they aren't. it should be a good movie in its own right. it seems ironic Jonathan died just before the movie comes out.
    we need to encourage harder sentencing on those that are harming our children. our children are worth it!!

stop the circus!! these children as all children deserve to be found and justice brought forth for what has happened to them!!

I used to rush home after school to watch Dark Shadows. I was crushed when it was cancelled. It was great television for it's day, or it least it was a pre-teen.

loved the show but you watch it now and OMG talk about over dramatizing lol. but as pre teens we didn't notice anyway. besides most preteen girls are drama queens anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by athy View Post
    loved the show but you watch it now and OMG talk about over dramatizing lol. but as pre teens we didn't notice anyway. besides most preteen girls are drama queens anyway.
    kinda, sorta, shhhh
    Justice for Caylee

"We have a different stage. We have the same actress," Sheaffer said.

Rest in Peace..

You brought us some fine memories...

I remember, (Slightly) being so young and sneaking to the TV to
    go watch Barnabas Collins on Dark Shadows. There will only be
    one Barnabas... What a thrill for a little girl
    to see this wonderful soap and the ACTING. I was so young
    yet still remember being sucked in as a baby.
    Loved it- thanks...

I'm sure as an adult, it may not be as thrilling, but I so enjoyed it back then!!
    You will be missed

Goz

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6p0qZgnDSEE"]Barnabas Collins- "Ill be with you always" - YouTube[/ame]

Wise Old Owl is offline Retired WS Staff & Founding member of AFKBPOFPOPL
    Wow! And this happens just as Johnny Depp is set to appear in a re-make as Barnabas.

I was a TRUE DIE HARD fan of Dark Shadows back in the day. I still have the sound track album - it had the signature "tide rolling in" picture on the cover.

I remember my parents taking a whole gaggle of us young pre-teen girls to the drive in to see the first full length movie they released. Then my dad kept sneaking around the van and jumping up at us in the windows.

RIP Jonathan (Barnabas) - you brought so many memories to a whole lot of people. You will be missed.

http://darkshadowsnews.blogspot.com/

apparently Johnny Depp was in awe of Jonathan Frid as all of us and from the sounds of it he has a cameo appearance in the new movie.

Rest in Peace.

I absolutely loved dark shadows as a kiddo.

Wow, just made a comment on my nieces FB about the movie coming out and then I read this. There's only 5 years difference between us and we have fond childhood memories of coming home after school in time for Dark Shadows...RIP Barnabas Collins

Thanks Goz for posting that video...that brings back so many memories. Rip Jonathan.