GUILTY FL - Jeremy Stewart, 18, & Nick Presha, 16, murdered, Winter Park, 15 April 2012

http://www.wftv.com/news/news/local/candlelight-vigil-held-two-teens-murdered-cady-way/nMdTm/

"In the spot where the remains of the two teens were found and where investigators found shell casings, there are now gifts of remembrance.
Stewart’s father, who is desperate for answers, analyzed the burnt grass.
“I’m trying to figure out which one was Jeremy and I know Jeremy was tall, he was growing two inches taller than I was,” Stewart said.
As for reports of drugs and violence, Stewart said that wasn’t his son.
Friends of Presha are also in shock the 16-year-old is gone.
“I didn’t believe it, I didn’t want to believe it,” classmate Emma Johnson said.
Johnson’s known Presha for 10 years and found it hard to believe the son of a detective for the State Attorney’s Office had any enemies."

I am a local to the area, in fact this occurred only about a mile from my home. Cady Way Trail is a VERY public bike/walking trail. This community is stunned to say the least.

http://www.wftv.com/news/news/local/candlelight-vigil-held-two-teens-murdered-cady-way/nMdTm/

"In the spot where the remains of the two teens were found and where investigators found shell casings, there are now gifts of remembrance.
Stewart’s father, who is desperate for answers, analyzed the burnt grass.
“I’m trying to figure out which one was Jeremy and I know Jeremy was tall, he was growing two inches taller than I was,” Stewart said.
As for reports of drugs and violence, Stewart said that wasn’t his son.
Friends of Presha are also in shock the 16-year-old is gone.
“I didn’t believe it, I didn’t want to believe it,” classmate Emma Johnson said.
Johnson’s known Presha for 10 years and found it hard to believe the son of a detective for the State Attorney’s Office had any enemies."

:what:

Oh my goodness...the son of a detective from the SAs office...I wonder if HE had the enemy...

My heartfelt condolences to the families of these victims :rose:

http://www.myfoxorlando.com/dpp/news/local/041912-residents-shocked-bypresha-stewart-teen-killings

"The scene was so gruesome that a passerby who called 911 wasn't sure if it was real, telling a dispatcher it might be mannequins that were on fire.

Police haven't said what might have led to the killings or who might be responsible."

from the link above...
Rick McFarland, a parent of two girls who attend Winter Park High School, said investigators were present at the school earlier this week.

"When I went to pick them up yesterday, lots of police were there pulling kids out of class, pulling them out and talking to them," said McFarland. "One of my daughter's friends had a cell phone taken from him. I think it was because he had talked to one of the kids at one point."

McFarland said his daughters had classes with one of the boys and knew the other from being in school together for years. They told their father they had both noticed a change in the boys in the last 6 months to a year.

"Like they were hanging out with a different element of kids," McFarland said.

Investigators said they are getting some good tips and are encouraged by the path they are on which they believe will eventually lead to an arrest.

I hope they find out who did this and do it quickly...

It appears the crimes today are getting more violent with every article posted...I only prayer these boys were already deceased before being put ablaze...how heartwrenching for the families..

Rest in Peace Nicholas and Jeremy :rose:

I wondered the same thing. This seems like an awful public area, almost like a message. I understand he was the former captain of the Orange County Sheriff's office before becoming an investigator with the state atty's office. My other thought was possibly they were involved in something they shouldn't have been, and maybe someone panicked when they found out what his dad did... idk... it's all horrible. I had read yesterday that there were rumors of a $500 drug debt. This seems pretty horrible for such a small amount and various reports say the only trouble the 18 yr old had been in was being a passenger in a stolen vehicle.
JMO

http://cfnews13.com/content/news/cf...4/21/winter_park_communit.html?cmpid=facebook

"One of the teens came from a family of law enforcement. Presha's father is a retired captain with the Orange County Sheriff's Office. He is now an investigator with the Florida state Attorney's Office for Orange and Seminole counties.

The bike trail is not the only crime scene. Police dispatch reports, there were calls to the Sunbay apartments early Sunday morning.

Orange County detectives confirm a fire around a storage unit in the parking lot of the apartment complex played a role in the teenagers' death."

'We want these people caught' friends say after double murder

Overwhelmed by the slaying of two high school students, family and friends fanned out across Winter Park on Saturday to spread information that could lead to the killer or killers.

More than two dozen people arrived at Aloma United Methodist Church on Saturday morning in response to a Facebook invite to pass out fliers about a reward for information leading to the arrest of the person or people who killed Nicholas "Nic" Presha, 16, and Jeremy Stewart, 18.

more at link ............... http://articles.orlandosentinel.com...0421_1_memorial-fund-winter-park-teens-mother

I'm really shocked that there isn't more info coming out on this. It's hard to believe that this could have happened over a $500 drug debt as is has been reported in some articles. If you read the comments on these articles, that seems to be the consensus too. Seriously? So the person(s) who did this are risking the death sentence over $500? There just seems to be something more here IMO.

I don't recall which article I read, but it said LE was looking for a POI who MAY have fled the country! :mad:

That's probably why we haven't heard much about this case. LE is working HARD behind the scenes. Plus, this involves juveniles and LE is most likely questioning every friend of the boy's. just an idea.

JMHO
fran

I read that comment too. It just still seems like a lot for $500, including leaving the country.

"During a news conference Friday evening, Orange County Sheriff Jerry Demings named Jesse Davis, 30, and Hector Rodriguez, 31, as those responsible for the slaying of two Winter Park High School students.

"...Demings said that, despite speculation that the victims were killed due to a drug debt, as reported by other media outlets in Orlando, such was not the case.

"Investigators concluded that the teens were attempting to sell two stolen handguns to Davis and Rodriguez. Subsequently, Davis and Rodriguez robbed the teens of the weapons. Demings later added that the same stolen weapons were used to kill the teens. Demings would not elaborate on how the teens acquired the guns.

"In simple terms, the teen victims, unfortunately, met their demise when they encountered two evil and dangerous criminals."

"Davis and Rodriguez are both charged with fist degree murder and kidnapping."

Read more: http://www.myfoxorlando.com/dpp/new...tody-for-cady-way-trail-murders#ixzz1ucjH01a9

What I want to know is why Davis wasn't institutionalized with his background and "lengthy criminal record and had been deemed a public threat with a history of violence and mental health issues." Sheesh. BTW, the victim went to the same high school as my oldest grandson.

Documents released in brutal killing of Winter Park teens

"...According to witness statements, both teens had been seen hours earlier with the two suspects in the murder case, 30-year-oldJesse Brandon Davis and 31-year-old Hector Manuel Rodriguez, at a nearby Steak 'n Shake restaurant. Davis has a lengthy criminal record and had been deemed a public threat with a history of violence and mental health issues."

Much more including new details at link. Disturbing to say the least. My prayers are with the families.

Read more: http://www.myfoxorlando.com/story/1...al-killing-of-winter-park-teens#ixzz1yvTtWyvC

Simply horrific! I thought this couldn't get any worse, but to find out someone saw them bound prior to the killing is, well beyond words.

I don't know why I keep reading this stuff. It breaks my heart. Those teenage boys paid a very high price for stupidity and loose morals. Why are so many people confused or unconcerned about the difference between right and wrong? :tears:

WFTV uncovers psych evaluation of Cady Way killing suspect

"Tressler also said Davis displays "manipulative behavior" and was logical and coherent, but concludes Davis is not faking it [sure he wasn't].

Davis told the doctor he's used pot and alcohol almost daily since childhood, and eventually cocaine. Davis said it also takes a case of beer to get him fully drunk and he suffers blackouts. [Well, duh. I'd black out after a case of beer too. Well, actually a six pack would do me in].

Tressler diagnosed Davis with schizoaffective disorder, which is a combination of suffering from hallucinations and depression. He also said that Davis' isolation in his own cell is making it worse, that he needs more stimulation and human contact to bring up his energy level so he can participate in his defense.

The defense doctor recommends treatment in a secure psychiatric hospital to stabilize Davis."

I say strap in Old Sparky and zap him a few times...that should get him moving.

http://www.wftv.com/news/news/local/wftv-uncovers-psych-evaluation-cady-way-killing-su/nPgQN/

http://www.clickorlando.com/news/ju...ngs/-/1637132/21094220/-/cst210z/-/index.html

Jury selection begins on Monday in the trial for the man charged in the slayings of two Winter Park High School teens.

Hector Rodriguez, 32, one of two men charged in the slayings of 16-year-old Nicholas Presha and 18-year-old Jeremy Stewart -- along the Cady Way Trail on April 15. Jesse Davis pleaded guilty to first-degree murder and was sentenced to life in prison in November 2012.

There is video footage from inside the court room today so possible it will be aired live. I dk, anyone who finds out please post! Thanks!

http://www.clickorlando.com/news/ju...ngs/-/1637132/21094220/-/cst210z/-/index.html

Jury selection begins on Monday in the trial for the man charged in the slayings of two Winter Park High School teens.

Hector Rodriguez, 32, one of two men charged in the slayings of 16-year-old Nicholas Presha and 18-year-old Jeremy Stewart -- along the Cady Way Trail on April 15. Jesse Davis pleaded guilty to first-degree murder and was sentenced to life in prison in November 2012.

There is video footage from inside the court room today so possible it will be aired live. I dk, anyone who finds out please post! Thanks!

Hi Cherry, When I did a search the only station I came up with was WESH out of Orlando. I don't know if they will live stream or not. The clip said jury selection should be done today. i guess we can check tomorrow and see.

http://www.wesh.com/news/central-fl...gin/-/12978032/21094088/-/xa7hf6/-/index.html

Just to add they have been at a side bar since I tuned in and I don't think I see the defendant in the courtroom.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288
Back