Page 44 of 83 FirstFirst ... 34 42 43 44 45 46 54 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Keyboredom View Post
    It might be completely unreasonable but I've come to really dislike everything about that family and their response to this tragedy. Hopefully their behaviour just stems from grief and pressure of media. But "Bwana" numberplates and animal skulls, the granny tongue, and most other things about them now make my skin crawl. Hopefully this is just surface bluff - they had better be looking after those poor little girls.
    I completely agree with all you've said. I meant to ask when you posted about the numberplates, that wouldn't stand for Botswana do you think??

Quote Originally Posted by marlywings View Post
    I completely agree with all you've said. I meant to ask when you posted about the numberplates, that wouldn't stand for Botswana do you think??
    I guess - maybe. His mannerisms look more like he thinks of himself as Bwana (indignant 'excuse me' at reporters at Indooroopilly Police - then again it would be pretty stressful and annoying with cameras in your face) ... and maybe it's completely unreasonable I dislike someone I have never met. The emotion of the situation is getting away with me...

Bwana is a term given to men as respect.....ie Sir, Master, Mister, Lord. It means, he is the lord of his world. PUKE!!!

I went googling Baden-Clay, would have to be a brother of Gerard?? very much alike!!

http://scout.org/en/around_the_world..._tour_of_kenya

Quote Originally Posted by marlywings View Post
    I went googling Baden-Clay, would have to be a brother of Gerard??
    There's some of the family tree at the base of :
    http://www.spanglefish.com/bettyclay...?pageid=166222

including

Gerard and Allison Baden-Clay (grandson); (poor Allison)
    Ian and Olivia Walton (grand-daughter); (the poor sister)
    Adam Baden-Clay (grandson)

The real estate expert sure likes to talk on his blog...

http://www.blogger.com/profile/07907839226403813399

Interests Spending as much time as possible with my family, camping, travelling, Scouting

7. The Following User Says Thank You to marlywings For This Useful Post:

They just said on the news here that the police still have no suspects. Yet on the newspaper sites they say that numerous persons of interest were questioned. I'm not going to say anymore about it though because when i just went to the QLD police service page on facebook someone has put a link to this page about the comments. R.I.P. Allison

9. The Following User Says Thank You to angel1 For This Useful Post:

I hope this is resolved soon

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Caviar For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Caviar View Post
    Maybe Allison was put in her walking clothes to look like she had been for a walk?
    If that was the case you think she would have been dumped closer to where she lives so it looks like she went for a local walk.

Quote Originally Posted by Keyboredom View Post
    It might be completely unreasonable but I've come to really dislike everything about that family and their response to this tragedy. Hopefully their behaviour just stems from grief and pressure of media. But "Bwana" numberplates and animal skulls, the granny tongue, and most other things about them now make my skin crawl. Hopefully this is just surface bluff - they had better be looking after those poor little girls.
    Completely agree with you Keyboredom.

I find them irksome, to say the least.

And the thing is, if he is found guilty or in some way connected, his parents' behaviour will be assumed to be more understandable, it will make sense, in the context of being the parents of someone who could such a thing. They'll be lumped in with him when they've had nothing to do with what happened.

Stab in the dark, but I get the feeling they've all relied heavily on the Baden-Powell relationship/name, making them think they are 'special', giving them an element of teflon coating. Somehow, I don't think the pressure has prompted them to act this way. What people do under pressure speaks volumes, we see some people respond with true integrity and character which shines through. I haven't seen any of this from them.

Their behaviour through all of this has been so undignified. You'd think that at the very least they could have shown more respect for Allison.
    Last edited by indogwetrust; 05-01-2012 at 03:52 AM. Reason: stumbling to express myself

14. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to indogwetrust For This Useful Post:

Well Angel1 I am sure this website has a disclaimer and police have no power or control over what is said in this forum.

I can understand in their own forum they have protocol and they must conduct themselves
    in the manner to uphold that. This is just another form of media and it can't be any worse than the garbage being spat out by the Journo's

The person that posted this link to QPS is probably a little granny with nothing better to do than complain! Seriously they obviously haven't had much exposure to the web

Yes I agree with all you've said too indogwetrust. The beautiful people, Denise & Bruce Morcombe come to mind, they showed incredible integrity & character all through the years when Daniel was missing. True heroes that couple!!

17. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to marlywings For This Useful Post:

Yes, I think the police have much better things to do than worry about who's saying what on any one of the gazillion online forums which are currently discussing this case.

19. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to marlywings For This Useful Post:

It makes sense that the police have put the kibosh on speculating on their facebook page, because they are ... the police.

They can't be seen condoning speculation or more importantly, facilitating it.

21. The Following User Says Thank You to indogwetrust For This Useful Post:

Mrs Baden-Clay's husband, Gerard, is devastated his lawyer Darren Mahony said in a statement.

"My client is devastated by the loss of his wife. His family is devastated," Mr Mahony said.

"His primary concern is the welfare of his three very young daughters and attempting to provide some stability and normality to them given the tragic news and despite the unrelenting media barrage."

http://www.couriermail.com.au/news/q...-1226343926997

Page 44 of 83 FirstFirst ... 34 42 43 44 45 46 54 ... LastLast