865 users online (180 members and 685 guests)  


Websleuths News


Page 1 of 69 1 2 3 11 51 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 1033
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    Indy
    Posts
    21,142

    17 yo Trayvon Martin Shot to Death by Neighborhood Watch Captain #29

    Please continue here.

    Remember the rules: [ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=159"]http://www.websleuths.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=159[/ame]
    Remember the "ignore" feature on your profile page.
    Please stick with the facts as reported by LE or MSM, and link them. Link them often if necessary.
    Please clearly state when it is your opinion. If you are making an inference please clearly outline and link the facts and evidence that have led you to form that inference. Wild speculation about any case player has no place here.

    Please PM a mod with any questions or concerns and alert any TOS violations or offensive posts.
    And finally, PLEASE address one another respectfully. Last reminder.

    We are allowing MSM links only at this time...
    Blogs and Twitter links and discussion of them are allowed only if it's an approved WS link.
    The only approved links at this time are:
    Huffington Post
    Examiner - Isabelle Zehnder
    Richard Hornsby's site
    Hinky Meter


    Thread #1
    Thread #2
    Thread #3
    Thread #4
    [ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=166793"]Thread #5[/ame]
    Thread #6
    Thread #7
    Thread #8
    [ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=167219"]Thread #9[/ame]
    [ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=167312"]Thread #10[/ame]
    [ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=167357"]Thread #11[/ame]
    [ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=167420"]Thread #12[/ame]
    [ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=167490"]Thread #13[/ame]
    [ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?p=7746243#post7746243"]Thread #14[/ame]
    [ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?p=7749539#post7749539"]Thread #15[/ame]
    [ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?p=7753618#post7753618"]Thread #16[/ame]
    [ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?p=7758089#post7758089"]Thread #17[/ame]
    [ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?p=7762916#post7762916"]Thread #18[/ame]
    [ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?p=7767079#post7767079"]Thread #19[/ame]
    [ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=168446"]Thread #20[/ame]
    [ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?p=7774463#post7774463"]Thread #21[/ame]
    [ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=168628"]Thread #22[/ame]
    [ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=168701"]Thread #23[/ame]
    [ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?p=7785222#post7785222"]Thread #24[/ame]
    [ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?p=7788782#post7788782"]Thread #25[/ame]
    [ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?p=7794292#post7794292"]Thread #26[/ame]
    [ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?p=7801545#post7801545"]Thread #27[/ame]
    [ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?p=7808505#post7808505"]Thread #28[/ame]


    Just a reminder:
    WS does not permit links that request or suggest sending donations without the clear permission of the owners . This is to protect our members and for no other reason.
    __________________

    In this public forum, we need to stick to the facts of this case and that's our discussion here. Please, we ask that you do what you do best - SLEUTH THE CASE.

    Looking for news links? Have you found a good MSM story you'd like to share? Please post these links in the [ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=166507"]Media Links No Discussion thread[/ame]

    SOUND OFF Private Forum Companion Thread
    Anyone feeling overheated or wishing to discuss the demonstrations, political, religious or racial aspects of the Trayvon Martin case, please check out our new forum in the private area of Websleuths accessible only to Websleuths members, called SOUND OFF.
    Warning: Be sure to read the Required Read sticky post. [ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=168453"]Link to Trayvon Martin Sound Off[/ame]

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    1,481
    What will GZ's answer be when he is asked how he, TM and his gun ended up where they did -- even though GZ was headed back to his car?

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    3,547

    Carrying over from previous thread...

    Originally posted by Cher352;
    JMO..but in that picture it looks like he is sitting with his legs crossed on the grass. I think that dark grey area on the right is the knee of pants.

    JMO but it looks like it's his arm bent, holding his phone up to his ear.

  4. #4
    BritsKate's Avatar
    BritsKate is offline Past mistakes should teach you to create a wonderful future.
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    American Expat living in England
    Posts
    5,906
    Carried over from last thread:

    Quote Originally Posted by Florida Native View Post
    And if it is confirmed by the EMT's what will your position be then?

    I am just curious about what it will take to convince people that this was self defense.

    I know what it will take to convince me this was murder. It will take the State proving that GZ continued to follow TM and was the aggressor. Then I will firmly believe he should be held responsible. Right now I am going by what I know and when the 911 dispatcher said "we don't need to do that" I heard GZ say "okay". When I see evidence that he wasn't heading back to his truck as he claims, I will change my opinion.
    I'm not going to be sitting on the jury anyway but my personal burden to believe this was a justifiable homicide is much higher than anything released so far.

    Unarmed kid. No history of violence. Walking home with candy.

    Armed adult. Alleged history of violence. Leaves vehicle in pursuit of unarmed kid. Lack of life threatening or even particularly severe injuries. (Even if he returned to the vehicle though the intent was initially there to follow Trayvon. Why? For what reason other than to confront or detain him?)

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    7,118
    Quote Originally Posted by TonyGatto View Post
    What will GZ's answer be when he is asked how he, TM and his gun ended up where they did -- even though GZ was headed back to his car?
    I guess this is part of the story where "Trayvon jumps George from behind." So I guess Trayvon was hiding in wait as George passed the open area the first time and he made it all the way to the other side to get the address... on the way back... I guess Trayvon just says "What the hay!!" and jumps George from behind! How they got so far down that sidewalk?? I have no idea?? Trayvon had to have dragged him pretty far?

    MOO
    Justice for Trayvon

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    7,118
    I want to know what that email says that George can't remember writing?? I guess it's supposed to be about Tracy?? I bet the FDLE has been keeping a realllll close eye on George and his computer activity! His website alone is damaging and shows a man with no remorse. I am going to fall out if he had the audacity to write negative things about Tracy Martin and then get up in that courtroom and apologize for killing their son!

    Hope we get a doc. dump on Monday!
    Justice for Trayvon

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    1,481
    Quote Originally Posted by LolaMoon08 View Post
    I guess this is part of the story where "Trayvon jumps George from behind." So I guess Trayvon was hiding in wait as George passed the open area the first time and he made it all the way to the other side to get the address... on the way back... I guess Trayvon just says "What the hay!!" and jumps George from behind! How they got so far down that sidewalk?? I have no idea?? Trayvon had to have dragged him pretty far?

    MOO
    That's why prosecutors are confident and brought a murder charge. It's all fine when people believe GZ, saying he walked back toward his car and was attacked. But when he is cross-examined, it will not stand. I still think a murder conviction is going to be difficult -- but at this point I think a manslaughter conviction is looking like a slam dunk.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Indianapolis
    Posts
    21
    Quote Originally Posted by nomoresorrow View Post
    JMO but it looks like it's his arm bent, holding his phone up to his ear.
    This is the way I see it also.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    1,931
    Quote Originally Posted by LolaMoon08 View Post
    I want to know what that email says that George can't remember writing?? I guess it's supposed to be about Tracy?? I bet the FDLE has been keeping a realllll close eye on George and his computer activity! His website alone is damaging and shows a man with no remorse. I am going to fall out if he had the audacity to write negative things about Tracy Martin and then get up in that courtroom and apologize for killing their son!

    Hope we get a doc. dump on Monday!
    Yeah, WTH was that all about?? And who did he send the email to? And how did police find it?

    ETA: Ok it seems that it was a text message not an email, so police would have gotten it off of his phone.
    Last edited by annalia; 04-20-2012 at 06:08 PM.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    72,178
    Quote Originally Posted by TonyGatto View Post
    That's why prosecutors are confident and brought a murder charge. It's all fine when people believe GZ, saying he walked back toward his car and was attacked. But when he is cross-examined, it will not stand. I still think a murder conviction is going to be difficult -- but at this point I think a manslaughter conviction is looking like a slam dunk.

    I think we are jumping a little ahead. It is possible he may be granted immunity before it gets to a Jury trial.


  11. #11
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Posts
    4,427
    http://news.yahoo.com/video/us-15749...-29026947.html

    --george takes the stand-----6:01

    IMO--his 'apology' enunciation is so weird---"I wan-ted to say, I am sor-ry...."
    my opinion...........and i happen to agree with it.....

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    Left Coast USA
    Posts
    8,843
    I think the photo was taken by that witness, John, from his second floor porch or window. I think it was given to O'Mara and O'Mara supplied it to ABCNews. That's what I think.

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    979
    Did the sa have or going to have a,press conference today?

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    1,481
    Quote Originally Posted by magnolia View Post
    I think we are jumping a little ahead. It is possible he may be granted immunity before it gets to a Jury trial.
    You mean he will win on "stand your ground" -- pre-trial? Doubt that severely.

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Atlanta
    Posts
    2,939
    Quote Originally Posted by i.b.nora View Post
    I think the photo was taken by that witness, John, from his second floor porch or window. I think it was given to O'Mara and O'Mara supplied it to ABCNews. That's what I think.
    I think it was relatively close because of how the flash blew out the exposure on the top of his head.

Page 1 of 69 1 2 3 11 51 ... LastLast


Similar Threads

  1. 17 yo Trayvon Martin Shot to Death by Neighborhood Watch Captain #30
    By imamaze in forum George Zimmerman/Trayvon Martin General Discussion threads
    Replies: 1048
    Last Post: 04-23-2012, 11:27 AM
  2. 17 y/o Trayvon Martin Shot to Death by Neighborhood Watch Captain #20
    By ynotdivein in forum George Zimmerman/Trayvon Martin General Discussion threads
    Replies: 946
    Last Post: 04-10-2012, 05:58 PM
  3. 17 yo Trayvon Martin Shot to Death by Neighborhood Watch Captain #19
    By imamaze in forum George Zimmerman/Trayvon Martin General Discussion threads
    Replies: 1058
    Last Post: 04-09-2012, 07:05 PM
  4. 17 yo Trayvon Martin Shot to Death by Neighborhood Watch Captain #18
    By imamaze in forum George Zimmerman/Trayvon Martin General Discussion threads
    Replies: 984
    Last Post: 04-07-2012, 09:35 PM
  5. 17 yo Trayvon Martin Shot to Death by Neighborhood Watch Captain #17
    By imamaze in forum George Zimmerman/Trayvon Martin General Discussion threads
    Replies: 897
    Last Post: 04-06-2012, 08:24 AM