Would you pay $1.15 million for a penny?

Would you pay $1.15 million for a penny, any penny?

• If it still worked in a vending machine I would.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Steely Dan

Former Member
Reaction score
http://www.bostonherald.com/news/na...lls_for_115_million/srvc=home&position=recent

Rare 1792 penny sells for $1.15 million
By Associated Press
Friday, April 20, 2012 - Added 5 hours ago

9f825a_ltpoldpenny.jpg

SCHAUMBURG, Ill. — When is a penny worth $1.15 million? When it is a rare experimental penny minted in 1792....

wfgodot, what thoughts exactly are you thinking of? :waitasec:

wfgodot, what thoughts exactly are you thinking of? :waitasec:
Well, could be thoughts advantageous to the safety of millions, that sort of thing - madman plots to destroy world, etc. Those thoughts. "Saved - and just in the nick of time." Or maybe something commonplace, insider trading without need of the benefit of personal correspondence - untraceable then, and I rule the market! Mostly, I was thinking about past thoughts of those who created masterpieces, and the thought that went into them. But I'd take the glory, fame, and money also, if pressed.

Also, I probably wouldn't pay a million five for that particular coin; I do collect coins, and might pay that - if, like, I had it to pay, HA - for some particular rare English or European coin, which are chiefly my collecting interests.

I want another choice added...I'd pay a penny for 1.15 million...:)

ETA - Oops, just saw the write-in option....off to vote.

Canadian pennies are, after all, going to be eliminated in a few months.

holy cow. i hope he/she doesn't lose it in the couch cushions.

Yes- if it fit in a slot machine and it turned into 10 billion then I would. :):)
I have been known SD, and when i was a child- and sorry not now- to collect rare coins.. (what a fool I am to have lost, misplaced, given away, etc my coins) and would never spend that kind of monies, unless of course the slot machine played a factor and they threw you in too as the special gift.

:) GOz

Hey- did i happen to misplace that one? :maddening: ::maddening:

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member