• Total voters

Steely Dan

Former Member
Reaction score
http://news.yahoo.com/slovenia-austria-odds-over-sausage-130615089.html

Slovenia and Austria at odds over sausage
Associated PressBy DARKO BANDIC | Associated Press – 7 hrs ago

57ffe9502c975b0b0d0f6a706700f33f.jpg

KRANJ, Slovenia (AP) — It's a diplomatic rift that has both countries hungry for a fight. The subject of the spat? A humble pork sausage.

Slovenia calls the spicy delicacy "Kranjska klobasa" and Austria "Krainerwurst" — variants of the same name that belongs to the border region the sausage comes from. Both countries have enjoyed the snack for centuries and consider it part of their cultural heritage....

I really love sausage. (Stop snickering, all of you!) To me, it should end in "wurst" since some of the best sausages do. I know they're probably full of nasty little things, but I love them all, from pepperoni to summer sausage to bratwurst to soprasetta.....

I'll stop my ode to sausages before I list them all.

What? I went into the polling booth and voted and didn't even get a sticker to wear, saying "I chose 'Delectable ground spiced pork snouts, tails and anus' in 2012" afterward? What kind of joint is this??

What? I went into the polling booth and voted and didn't even get a sticker to wear, saying "I chose 'Delectable ground spiced pork snouts, tails and anus' in 2012" afterward? What kind of joint is this??

I'll talk to my emus and find out what happened there. I'm sure it was just a mistake.

C'mon, I'm from Cleveland! Kielbasa is serious stuff :)))

I love kielbasa in the wurst way. (Sorry. Couldn't stop myself.)

We Cheeseheads know good sausage! :angel: Brought to you courtesy of Brodhead, Wisconsin:

Emu Country Sausage

For a nearly fat free sausage try this recipe. The finished sausage can be refrigerated and formed into patties and frozen for later use.

2 Egg Whites
1 tsp. oregano
3/4 c. bread crumbs
1 tsp. Sea Salt
1/2 c. minced Gr. Onions
1/2 tsp. pepper
3/4 tsp. minced Garlic
1# ground emu
1 Tblsp dry Mustard
1/2 c. applesauce
2 tsp. dry Sage
Oil for frying

In a large bowl, lightly beat egg whites with a fork. Add bread crumbs, onion, garlic, dry mustard, sage, oregano, salt and pepper. Mix well. With hands work in ground meat and applesauce (or grated apple) until well mixed. Refrigerate. Form into patties (about 24 patties). Cook meat in a non-stick skillet brushed with oil. Cook until browned - about 2 to 3 minutes per side over medium heat.

http://www.sugarmapleemu.com/FactsRecipies.cfm

(Psst...DO NOT TELL Steely! :floorlaugh:)

Well I surely thought this thread would be about the kind of sausage war where sausages were being hurled back and forth across enemy lines. My bad.

It just reminded me of when the kids were little and I left biscuits in the oven too long and they turned into hockey pucks. Well, the kids laughed, so I threw them at them (I'm goofy like that) and thus started the great biscuit war of 1999. The biscuits were indestructible and we continued hurling them at each other for the rest of the weekend whenever the mood struck. We would hoard them, hide them and ambush each other.
Then hubby came home from hunting, sat on a lumpy couch and wondered why the hell there were biscuits under the cushion. My son nonchalantly said " it was the great biscuit war of 99". Hubby just sighed cuz he knew how me and the kids ran wild when he went hunting on the weekends.
Ahhh, those were the days.

We Cheeseheads know good sausage! :angel: Brought to you courtesy of Brodhead, Wisconsin:

Emu Country Sausage

For a nearly fat free sausage try this recipe. The finished sausage can be refrigerated and formed into patties and frozen for later use.

2 Egg Whites
1 tsp. oregano
3/4 c. bread crumbs
1 tsp. Sea Salt
1/2 c. minced Gr. Onions
1/2 tsp. pepper
3/4 tsp. minced Garlic
1# ground emu
1 Tblsp dry Mustard
1/2 c. applesauce
2 tsp. dry Sage
Oil for frying

In a large bowl, lightly beat egg whites with a fork. Add bread crumbs, onion, garlic, dry mustard, sage, oregano, salt and pepper. Mix well. With hands work in ground meat and applesauce (or grated apple) until well mixed. Refrigerate. Form into patties (about 24 patties). Cook meat in a non-stick skillet brushed with oil. Cook until browned - about 2 to 3 minutes per side over medium heat.

http://www.sugarmapleemu.com/FactsRecipies.cfm

(Psst...DO NOT TELL Steely! :floorlaugh:)

mad.gif

Well I surely thought this thread would be about the kind of sausage war where sausages were being hurled back and forth across enemy lines. My bad.
Me too; I was imagining one side with bazookas, shooting link sausages at the entrenched foe.

Oh this is easy, but my choice isn't in the poll! I'm Portuguese, we just call it linguica ;)

I placed my vote for "Kranjska Krainerwurst." Like they say, a good compromise leaves everyone hungry for sausage, or mad, or something like that.

I have no idea how to pronounce it, so I thought it would be good if people couldn't pronounce it since sausage is high in fat. That should discourage a few people from ordering "Kranjska Krainerwurst," anyway. Guess they'll be ordering the Bratwurst instead.

Huh. I opened this thread expecting something completely different.

Not going to say what, just going to slip out the back and mind my own business.

:innocent:

I love sausage but I'm with you Dan

hatchet.gif
A_Scared_Emu_Royalty_Free_Clipart_Picture_100613-235956-554009.jpg

I don't want any Kielemu!

Are we being Porked? Can this be for real.

I voted my own personal choice on this matter!

Nuff said!

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wdavewong
Back