Coke may have contributed to death, I mean Coca Cola.

Steely Dan

Former Member
Reaction score
http://news.yahoo.com/blogs/sideshow/woman-coca-cola-habit-cited-death-161323721.html

Woman’s Coca-Cola ‘habit’ cited in death
By Eric Pfeiffer | The Sideshow – 7 hrs ago

...Hodgkinson testified that Harris drank between 2.1 gallons and 2.6 gallons of Coke every day.

The 30-year-old Harris died of a heart attack in February 2010. According to New Zealand's Fairfax Media, pathologist Dr. Dan Mornin testified on Thursday that Harris likely suffered from hypokalemia (low potassium levels), which he believes was caused by her overall poor nutrition, including the unusually high levels of Coke consumption....

Holy crap!! Read the article for her other bad habits!!! :yow:

Dang that's scary. I drink about 2-2 1/2 gallons of Mt Dew in the summer.

It is insane she drank that much in a day and sad due to the face she has so many kids and she probably drank that much caffeine while pregnant. I would be surprised if her kids were not born addicted to caffeine. I drink alot of coffee (black) and on some days I drink 2-3 sodas a day but most days I drink 1 diet or so, sometimes 2. Even with my black coffee I still do not consume near the amount of caffeine on a daily basis. How one consumes that much coke is beyond me. Sorry but she was foolish. Her kids are now motherless.

Where was her family? Didnt anyone in her life care enough to intervene especially after she had already experienced warning signs and how could they fail to notice that she didnt drink or eat anything other then soda daily all day long?

Too much of anything is bad for you including water. A few years ago out here in AZ a radio station had a contest to win an Xbox. It involved drinking high amounts of water. A single mom was one of the contestants and she did wind up dying due to excessesive water consumption. Her family settled a lawsuit with the radio station. Who would have thought even drinking water was deadly?

a diet of coke, cofee n' ciggies will do that to you. it doesnt sound like she consumed much else.

I don't have the healthiest eating habits but what this woman ate and drank is just ludicrous plus all the ciggies she smoked. How does a mom of 8 afford cigarettes? How much do they cost in NZ? Absurd. My husband says I do not have the healthiest eating habits but my total cholesterol was 165 when I donated blood 2 weeks ago and no sign of diabetes. I do not even drink 1/10 the crap this woman does on a daily basis. I drink too much coffee (black) but I have 2 or 3 cups per day other than that I drink water or diet soda and even with soda I often go days without drinking it. I cannot believe her husband just let her live like this and enabled her like he did.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shmoozie
Back