Page 31 of 46 FirstFirst ... 212223242526272829303132333435363738394041 ... LastLast

Thread: CA - Bob Harrod, 81, Orange County, 27 July 2009 - #9

Quote Originally Posted by believe09 View Post
    Okey Dokey. We might as well get Fontelle's as well. I bet she has some interesting input regarding her experiences with the Harrod women. And Andrew. Apparently he was the most agressive of the 5.

Start PM'ing me stuff and I will have the person meeting Gitana make a list. Tricia and I will be setting up the PayPal Tuesday I believe.
    Based on what we know of AH's behaviour, I'm surprised he didn't change his name to Sonny.

2. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to GrainneDhu For This Useful Post:

Poison Pen Letter

Long time lurker and I believe it would be most appropriate to post this letter entered as exhibit #19 from the hearing of October 31st 2011. I would like to call your attention to what I see as a glaring venom filled letter. RB called Bobs attorney on a Friday nite because she was so concerned about the bypass trust. How many of us could or would call an attorney in the evening to rant and rave about a trust?

Then in January she was putting together a demand letter with both of her sisters. Bob got wind of it and immediately went after JM son-n-law. Why??? Just a guess, but maybe Bob thought JM was pushing the daughters to get their dues. In any case there appears to be no love loss between the two of them.

Next once the daughters got the information letter from Bob’s attorney. It becomes apparent to RB that the bypass trust is a tax shelter for Bob. This is why she wanted clarification of the wording “if he needs” and “standards set forth in the trust instrument”

It appears that she is approaching panic mode. Note the words and phrases. “the rights of beneficiaries”…”incompetent or suspected improper handling of our mothers bypass trust”…”as beneficiary, I am entitled to”… “speculation”…”suspicion very stressful for me to endure”…”speculation and suspicion”…”legal rights of beneficiaries”…” family strife suffering”

This letter was written and sent just ten days before Bob vanished from his home. There is no doubt in my mind that this letter set the tone of the meeting Sunday the 26th of July 2009 the day before JM came over to take care of some needs at Bobs home.

HBilly Jack

Happy Fathers Day Mr. Harrod.
    Attached Files Attached Files

suzyq211 is offline Someone knows what happened to Robert Harrod!
    Wow, that sense of entitlement blows me away. Poor Bob, he never had a chance.
    Mario McNeill found guilty of murder of Shaniya Davis...now let's move on to AD!!!!!

All my posts are MOO and nothing but MOO!!!!

5. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to suzyq211 For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by JamaicanMeCrzy View Post
    Long time lurker and I believe it would be most appropriate to post this letter entered as exhibit #19 from the hearing of October 31st 2011. I would like to call your attention to what I see as a glaring venom filled letter. RB called Bobs attorney on a Friday nite because she was so concerned about the bypass trust. How many of us could or would call an attorney in the evening to rant and rave about a trust?

Then in January she was putting together a demand letter with both of her sisters. Bob got wind of it and immediately went after JM son-n-law. Why??? Just a guess, but maybe Bob thought JM was pushing the daughters to get their dues. In any case there appears to be no love loss between the two of them.

Next once the daughters got the information letter from Bob’s attorney. It becomes apparent to RB that the bypass trust is a tax shelter for Bob. This is why she wanted clarification of the wording “if he needs” and “standards set forth in the trust instrument”

It appears that she is approaching panic mode. Note the words and phrases. “the rights of beneficiaries”…”incompetent or suspected improper handling of our mothers bypass trust”…”as beneficiary, I am entitled to”… “speculation”…”suspicion very stressful for me to endure”…”speculation and suspicion”…”legal rights of beneficiaries”…” family strife suffering”

This letter was written and sent just ten days before Bob vanished from his home. There is no doubt in my mind that this letter set the tone of the meeting Sunday the 26th of July 2009 the day before JM came over to take care of some needs at Bobs home.

HBilly Jack

Thank you for posting this. Wow. As you mention, the letter from RB to Bob's attorney was dated July 17, 2009, 10 days before Bob went missing. At the bottom of the letter it has a Cc: to Robert M. Harrod.

7. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to cloudajo For This Useful Post:

Daughter RB’s Letter to Bob’s Attorney with a Cc to Bob – July 17, 2009
    [snipped]

If the documents are not provided within 30 days of receipt of this letter without reasonable explanation, I will have no choice but to seek my own legal advise, at the personal expense of the trustee, per Probate Code.
    Daughter PB’s Post on IS Forum – August 2009
    There was a family meeting on Sunday, it was heated at times, there were NO threats and we all left on good terms.
    Daughter RB’s Interview in OC Register – October 2009
    Bob Harrod and his three daughters had an argument over finances the Sunday before he vanished.

His daughter, Roberta, acknowledged the exchange, saying her father lost his temper. She said he had failed to provide copies of their mother's will, which he was obligated to do because of the financial mechanisms set up by the estate.

"It wasn't a heated meeting," she said in a phone interview. "Dad got heated. He's very selfish, very conditional. The day before he went missing in the afternoon, he was going to provide us copies of the will, and we went over to get the copies. He didn't have them."

9. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to cloudajo For This Useful Post:

[snipped]

My earlier January attempt to coordinate preparation of a letter requesting these documents on behalf of all three sisters in agreement resulted in our father contacting my brother-in-law and launching into a lengthy and totally uncalled-for angry tirade! Needless to say, his phone call has been the primary cause of a sizeable rift amongst the sisters ever since January. My sister Paula ended up taking most of the blame for his inappropriate overreaction. All she did was try to give him a "heads-up".

[ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showpost.php?p=8058947&postcount=752"]Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - CA CA - Bob Harrod, 81, Orange County, 27 July 2009 - #9[/ame]

11. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to cloudajo For This Useful Post:

suzyq211 is offline Someone knows what happened to Robert Harrod!
    Quote Originally Posted by cloudajo View Post
    His daughter, Roberta, acknowledged the exchange, saying her father lost his temper. She said he had failed to provide copies of their mother's will, which he was obligated to do because of the financial mechanisms set up by the estate.

"It wasn't a heated meeting," she said in a phone interview. "Dad got heated. He's very selfish, very conditional. The day before he went missing in the afternoon, he was going to provide us copies of the will, and we went over to get the copies. He didn't have them."
    <snipped>

BULL*****!!!! It had nothing to do with Bob's providing copies of ANYTHING! Let's get real, here. They wanted all of the money! They felt they were entitled to every last penny, to hell with their father and his happiness!
    Mario McNeill found guilty of murder of Shaniya Davis...now let's move on to AD!!!!!

All my posts are MOO and nothing but MOO!!!!

13. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to suzyq211 For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by JamaicanMeCrzy View Post

HBilly Jack

Welcome to WS! Great first post.

15. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to SuziQ For This Useful Post:

Doesn't AH claim in the depo that the meeting was favorable or whatever word he used? Despite the fact that his previous public statements was the meeting was heated? Do I have this correct?

17. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to SuziQ For This Useful Post:

Daughter RB later posted on IS that at the family meeting after the trust discussions, they sat around making small talk and happy talk teasing Bob about being a newlywed.

Does anyone believe that now?

19. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to cloudajo For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by SuziQ View Post
    Doesn't AH claim in the depo that the meeting was favorable or whatever word he used? Despite the fact that his previous public statements was the meeting was heated? Do I have this correct?
    This is what he said in his depo:

AH: The gist of those conversations – okay. The gist of the conversations as relayed to me was that there were open questions surrounding my grandmother’s portion of the estate and that he wanted to resolve those.

Q. Was there any representations made by you – made to you from any participant to that meeting that there had been, in fact, a resolution of those issues?

AH: In those words, no, but they – there seemed – people seemed to be satisfied as a result of the conversation.

21. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to cloudajo For This Useful Post:

believe09 is offline For nothing is secret that will not be revealed
    [snipped]

My earlier January attempt to coordinate preparation of a letter requesting these documents on behalf of all three sisters in agreement resulted in our father contacting my brother-in-law and launching into a lengthy and totally uncalled-for angry tirade! Needless to say, his phone call has been the primary cause of a sizeable rift amongst the sisters ever since January. My sister Paula ended up taking most of the blame for his inappropriate overreaction. All she did was try to give him a "heads-up".

Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - CA CA - Bob Harrod, 81, Orange County, 27 July 2009 - #9

Inappropriate over reaction? Bob was the beneficiary of this trust. It was all his. He could do as he will with it. He could have transferred all of it into the Survivors Trust. Or he could have charged every single day to day living expenses from gardeners, drycleaning and hotel rooms to it.

Wait a minute. Isnt wasnt Bob who did that. My Bad.

Talk about Elder Abuse. Can you imagine having gone through multiple APS visits because your youngest called them in and then receiving a "poison pen" letter like this one?

Bob had no sign of dementia. His doctor made it abundantly clear. No wonder Bob had to pay his children to stay away.

What a mess.
    email me

Long Lost Love: The Bob Harrod Story Disappeared/ID Network
    Amazon: Purchase Long Lost Love $1.99

Bob Harrod SAR

“The first time someone shows you who they are, believe them.”
    ― Maya Angelou

23. The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to believe09 For This Useful Post:

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/att...3&d=1339959050

Wow. Look at the timeline here. Mr. Harrod had just married Fontelle and this is what RB was thinking about.

Days later Mr. Harrod is gone.
    All posts are MOO~

You can now purchase Mr. Harrod's Disappeared episode for $1.99.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...tofgamonlco-20

25. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to Angelo For This Useful Post:

This is what he said in his depo:

AH: The gist of those conversations – okay. The gist of the conversations as relayed to me was that there were open questions surrounding my grandmother’s portion of the estate and that he wanted to resolve those.

Q. Was there any representations made by you – made to you from any participant to that meeting that there had been, in fact, a resolution of those issues?

AH: In those words, no, but they – there seemed – people seemed to be satisfied as a result of the conversation.
    Yes but, two years earlier Andrew told LE that there was fighting in the family.

I guess it is a little late to compare notes and come up with a consistent story. If it wasnt for these women being unable to control themselves online, we would never have the background material we have today to refute the nonsense.

How about the reward, right? The reward they didnt manage to get together until September last year was it? Suspiciously prior to the trial to remove them as co conservators of the Survivors Trust?

I am willing to bet that if you look at their immediate attempts to obtain control of Bob's assets within a week of his disappearance, you will see a statement that they are simply trying to obtain reward money.

Uh huh.
    email me

Bob Harrod SAR

― Maya Angelou

27. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to believe09 For This Useful Post:

Some gallows humor:

"Please note that the proper spelling of my legal name is not Bradey but is spelled BRADY."

Wow. How childish. The whole letter is childish until you take into consideration that this is a woman well into middle age whose father disappeared 10 days later. And then for me it transforms from childish to chilling.
    email me

Bob Harrod SAR

― Maya Angelou

29. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to believe09 For This Useful Post:

JuM, ROTW:

here

10:56

We slept like babies last night, went to bed so late I did not care to look at the clock. Oh my, my sleeping pattern is out of whack again.

Take care and enjoy the day!
    OOPS, Strike that...

here

12:25
    Okay, I just cannot think of what today is, I think I will return to my room. My heart is so broken, hopefully one of these days it will heal.
    Last edited by believe09; 06-17-2012 at 04:57 PM.
    email me

Bob Harrod SAR

― Maya Angelou

31. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to believe09 For This Useful Post:

Yes but, two years earlier Andrew told LE that there was fighting in the family.

I guess it is a little late to compare notes and come up with a consistent story. If it wasnt for these women being unable to control themselves online, we would never have the background material we have today to refute the nonsense.

How about the reward, right? The reward they didnt manage to get together until September last year was it? Suspiciously prior to the trial to remove them as co conservators of the Survivors Trust?

I am willing to bet that if you look at their immediate attempts to obtain control of Bob's assets within a week of his disappearance, you will see a statement that they are simply trying to obtain reward money.

Uh huh.
    Yes, thanks for the reminder.

AH to PPD on July 27, 2009 (per Missing Person Report): Andrew told me that it was not like his grandfather to leave without telling anybody where he was going. Andrew continued and said that there had been fighting in the family recently and Robert was very frustrated over the situation.

33. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to cloudajo For This Useful Post:

JuM, ROTW:

here

OOPS, Strike that...

here

Oopsie!

35. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to cloudajo For This Useful Post:

Every new thing posted here just makes me feel worse for poor Mr. Harrod and Fontelle Harrod.

Not really understanding bypass trust, etc. Does this mean that Georgia's estate was to go in its entirety to Bob and that the daughters would receive anything left upon his death?

37. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Opie For This Useful Post:

Cubby is offline 50K reward, Bob Harrod-Missing: Call Det. Radomski 714-993-8176
    Quote Originally Posted by Opie View Post
    Every new thing posted here just makes me feel worse for poor Mr. Harrod and Fontelle Harrod.

Not really understanding bypass trust, etc. Does this mean that Georgia's estate was to go in its entirety to Bob and that the daughters would receive anything left upon his death?

That is exactly what it means, Opie. Aside from the jewelry left to her daughters by Georgia, the deceased settler, the money and assets were all left to Bob, the surviving settler. Bob's daughters were beneficiaries after the surviving settler was deceased.

Interesting how the 15,000 he paid each of his daughters in January of 2009 coincides with communication from Paula mentioned in the attached letter posted above. They were clearly demanding money and information about HIS money in January. So he pays them 15,000 each, but that clearly did not satisfy them as this letter indicates.

Bob marries, Roberta sends a letter shortly after Bob's marriage demanding information and demonstrates fear of changes being made. The letter leads to the calling of a family meeting where I suspect Bob let his daughters and son in law know they were beneficiaries after his passing. Bob goes missing the following day. At least two of his family members set in motion a chain of events which would be appropriate upon his death.

I don't know how much clearer it can get.

Poor Bob.
    ~JMO~

A grandfather is someone with silver in his hair and gold in his heart. ~Author Unknown

Long Lost Love - Discovery ID - Disappeared - Bob Harrod Case

You can now purchase Mr. Harrod's Disappeared episode through Amazon, iTunes or YouTube.

Websleuths Resource Center

Call Kurtis - Psychics and the Missing

39. The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to Cubby For This Useful Post:

Thanks for the explanation, Cubby.

Poor Bob indeed. Poor Fontelle had no idea the hornets' nest/madhouse into which she was entering.

This being Father's Day makes reading all this even worse. Truly the love of $$ IS the root of all evil.

41. The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to Opie For This Useful Post:

Cubby is offline 50K reward, Bob Harrod-Missing: Call Det. Radomski 714-993-8176
    Daughter RB’s Interview in OC Register – October 2009
    Bob Harrod and his three daughters had an argument over finances the Sunday before he vanished.

bbm. But wait, according to her letter to Bob's attorney she and her sisters saw the will.

Additionally, all she had to do at any time was go to the court house and obtain a copy. Here is a link. Georgia's will was filed with the court on April 1, 2008.

https://ocapps.occourts.org/ProbPubv...c_dtl#top_page

Case Summary
    Case Number Title Filing Date Category Case Type
    30-2008-00068771-PR-OP-LJC HARROD-SAFEKEEPING WILL 04/01/2008 PROBATE OTHER PROBATE MATTER

Participants Results 1 - 1 of 1000000000000
    Name Type Start Date End Date Current Attorney
    GEORGIA M HARROD DECEDENT 05/14/2008
    Last edited by Cubby; 06-17-2012 at 08:05 PM.
    ~JMO~

A grandfather is someone with silver in his hair and gold in his heart. ~Author Unknown

You can now purchase Mr. Harrod's Disappeared episode through Amazon, iTunes or YouTube.

43. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Cubby For This Useful Post:

I added the most recent document, Roberta's letter to Bob's attorney to the document thread set up for Mr. Harrod's case.

All posted documents pertaining to Bob's case can be read at the following link.

[ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=146471"]CA CA - Bob Harrod-Court Documents No discussion - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community[/ame]
    ~JMO~

45. The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to Cubby For This Useful Post:

Uh huh.
    <sarcasm> Well, anyone at WS knows that it takes a long, long time to put together a reward for a missing person. We see the parents of missing children take a whole day to come up with an initial reward amount. We've seen families of the missing add on the equivalent of an extra job so they can keep increasing the amount of the reward.

Heck, it took me all of an hour to put up a reward for my missing service dog. I know, I know, I could have done it faster but I was still recovering from surgery that same day and still having nausea from the anesthesia.
    <sarcasm off>

47. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to GrainneDhu For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Cubby View Post
    That is exactly what it means, Opie. Aside from the jewelry left to her daughters by Georgia, the deceased settler, the money and assets were all left to Bob, the surviving settler. Bob's daughters were beneficiaries after the surviving settler was deceased.

Interesting how the 15,000 he paid each of his daughters in January of 2009 coincides with communication from Paula mentioned in the attached letter posted above. They were clearly demanding money and information about HIS money in January. So he pays them 15,000 each, but that clearly did not satisfy them as this letter indicates.

Bob marries, Roberta sends a letter shortly after Bob's marriage demanding information and demonstrates fear of changes being made. The letter leads to the calling of a family meeting where I suspect Bob let his daughters and son in law know they were beneficiaries after his passing. Bob goes missing the following day. At least two of his family members set in motion a chain of events which would be appropriate upon his death.

I don't know how much clearer it can get.

Poor Bob.
    I am being absolutely serious: I hope that Bob never had a chance to realise the threat to his life. I hope that he put his heirs firmly in their places at that meeting, then spent the evening talking to Fontelle and never had an inkling of fear as to what one or more of his heirs decided to put into motion.

In other words, I hope that Bob literally never saw it coming. That his last moments were filled only with thoughts of Fontelle and what he wanted to get prepared for her return.

I really, really hope that.

I fear, however, that it was not so. Somehow, I can't see Bob as a man who went down without a fight.

The sort of fight that would require repairs to the house to conceal.

49. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to GrainneDhu For This Useful Post:

Page 31 of 46 FirstFirst ... 212223242526272829303132333435363738394041 ... LastLast