Page 42 of 46 FirstFirst ... 323334353637383940414243444546 LastLast
Results 1,026 to 1,050 of 1141

Thread: CA - Bob Harrod, 81, Orange County, 27 July 2009 - #9

Oriah is offline Verified Expert/Professional in SAR and K9SAR
    Quote Originally Posted by believe09 View Post
    Unless they have bat phones, right?
    Well yeah there's that.
    But... in addition to the computer(s), most cell phone provider stores also have phones that they use to transfer data, check data, and for display- that they turn over- including the SD cards, which are often 'recycled.' I'm on it.
    Why didn't I think of this earlier????

2. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Oriah For This Useful Post:

Getting back to Andrew's name change-did anyone ever find any name change paperwork? It has to be out there. IIRC, JeM changed his name at well. There is a history in the family of jettisoning given surnames I guess.
    Wow. What a bunch.

4. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to Cazzie For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Oriah View Post
    It seems to me that's a good possibility. I am wondering just how many loans have been 'co-signed' on. Do we have the actual documentation for the name change(s)?

Also, since I am on the vehicle kick this weekend- AH's vehicles at the time-do we have the registration, insurance and ownership info for them? A simple yes or no will suffice.
    I haven't been able to find a court record of the name change (in LA or OC County).

===

This section gives you information on legally changing your name by getting a court order. In California, you also have the legal right to change your name by the “usage method.” This means you change your name by simply using a new name in all aspects of your life. This rule usually does not apply to minors and prison inmates.

BUT most government agencies currently require a court order as official proof of a name change. Government regulations to fight against fraud, like identity theft, are making it almost impossible to change your name without a court order.

Basics
    There are several ways to change your name:

· Filing a Petition for a Change of Name. This is the most common way. The How-to Guide in this section shows you how to do this.
    · If you are getting divorced and want to change your name to your maiden name, you can usually do that in your divorce case. Click here for what to do.
    · If you are already divorced (in California only) and did not change your name in your divorce, but want to do it now, click here.
    · If you recently got married and want to change your last name to your spouse's last name, you may not have to go to court. Go to your local DMV office and your social security office, and ask them whether you can change the name on your driver's license and social security card to your spouse's last name without a court order. Sometimes, they will change your name if you show them your marriage license or certificate and you will not have to go to court. But it is possible they will tell you to get a court order, so be prepared for that.

http://courts.ca.gov/1051.htm

6. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to cloudajo For This Useful Post:

believe09 is offline For nothing is secret that will not be revealed
    Another couple of nuggets-

Quitclaim Deeds Quitclaim deeds are used to convey any interest that the grantor might possess in the property. The grantor might be a legal owner or the grantor might never have formally been identified on a deed describing the property.
    I also found this one-
    Deed-in-lieu of Foreclosure. Sellers who are behind in payments to the lender will sometimes negotiate with a lender to accept a Deed-in-Lieu of Foreclosure, which means the seller has deeded the property to the lender to avoid foreclosure. But the deed may still show up on a seller's credit report.
    Andrew discusses in his deposition some of the attempts at collection of his mortgage payments. Indu states in her request to seal the secret agreement that the deal was an attempt to forestall a lengthy expensive pursuit of eviction and foreclosure. On paper, to me anyway, it looks like they simply decided to stamp the debt cancelled. And there was nothing punitive to Andrew-since there doesnt appear to be a deed in lieu of Foreclosure....I have to go back to Bob's wishes and his interests being maintained. I know it is water under the bridge, although it is likely at some point that the secret agreement will be made public unless Indu succeeds with the "we dont want people who are interested in this case to have access to that document" argument in September.

I dont know, guys. This may be a game changer in some way for me. If we take in context the statements AH made during the well being check which pointed the finger at his family, the calls to Mr Algorri he confessed to in his deposition, and walking away from a three quarter of a million dollar debt to turn around and buy a 719K house....well I dont know.
    email me

Long Lost Love: The Bob Harrod Story Disappeared/ID Network
    Amazon: Purchase Long Lost Love $1.99

Bob Harrod SAR

“The first time someone shows you who they are, believe them.”
    ― Maya Angelou

8. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to believe09 For This Useful Post:

This is O/T, but I just wanted to say thank you to everyone working on Mr. Harrod's case here- you guys have done an amazing job, and IMO this thread is one of most devoted and pure on WS's.

I'm actually glad I got dragged into it (which is not usually the case!) Ya'll make me proud to be a part of Bob's 'family' here on WS's.

Ok, back to work!

believe09, I thought I understood the deposition but I am still thoroughly confused as to how and why the judge let this fly???

10. The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to Oriah For This Useful Post:

This is O/T, but I just wanted to say thank you to everyone working on Mr. Harrod's case here- you guys have done an amazing job, and IMO this thread is one of most devoted and pure on WS's.

I'm actually glad I got dragged into it (which is not usually the case!) Ya'll make me proud to be a part of Bob's 'family' here on WS's.

Ok, back to work!

believe09, I thought I understood the deposition but I am still thoroughly confused as to how and why the judge let this fly???
    Well, the judge was pinch hitting and never read the pre trial statements. My impression was that he didnt want to mess with another judge's case and "why couldnt we all just get along?" I mean, a sealed doc that doesnt pertain to a juvenile case or some kind of proprietary information-well we can see how quickly the judge on July 25 shot that down. The judge on July 25 specifically stated that there needed to be CA Law cited in a new motion filed by the co conservators. And that it had to be a motion, not a petition. Which I think we saw in March or April, IIRC, when the original request for rent was made. That one was supposed to be a motion, not a petition. Ah well, we have seen that on both sides....I can imagine it is all very confusing. But at the fees the co conservators are being billed, well I hope that they have been receiving refunds.

I agree that everyone here has shown a tremendous amount of heart-I think it is safe to say that those actively following this case across the www would love to see some resolution and some justice.
    email me

Bob Harrod SAR

― Maya Angelou

12. The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to believe09 For This Useful Post:

Well, the judge was pinch hitting and never read the pre trial statements. My impression was that he didnt want to mess with another judge's case and "why couldnt we all just get along?" I mean, a sealed doc that doesnt pertain to a juvenile case or some kind of proprietary information-well we can see how quickly the judge on July 25 shot that down. The judge on July 25 specifically stated that there needed to be CA Law cited in a new motion filed by the co conservators. And that it had to be a motion, not a petition. Which I think we saw in March or April, IIRC, when the original request for rent was made. That one was supposed to be a motion, not a petition. Ah well, we have seen that on both sides....I can imagine it is all very confusing. But at the fees the co conservators are being billed, well I hope that they have been receiving refunds.

I agree that everyone here has shown a tremendous amount of heart-I think it is safe to say that those actively following this case across the www would love to see some resolution and some justice.
    I am so glad I am not an attorney. Or a judge. Dogs are so much easier than humans, lol.

14. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Oriah For This Useful Post:

I am still confused as to why Bob's assets arent essentially frozen until he returns or is declared dead, or both.
    email me

Bob Harrod SAR

― Maya Angelou

16. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to believe09 For This Useful Post:

Question:
    Does anyone know if Mr. Harrod's mail was collected on the 27th or 28th?

18. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Oriah For This Useful Post:

I am still confused as to why Bob's assets arent essentially frozen until he returns or is declared dead, or both.
    Me either. I asked my attorney about this, and he said he thought it's either one of two problems. Falling through the cracks- or weeds pushing up through the cracks. (Yeah, he's a hoot.)

20. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Oriah For This Useful Post:

Question:
    Does anyone know if Mr. Harrod's mail was collected on the 27th or 28th?
    Good question but I'm not sure. I'd like to know whether the mailman/woman was questioned to find out what time they delivered/collected mail and if they saw anything on Monday, July 27th.

Daughter RB posted (below) that UPS delivered boxes to Bob's house that Fontelle had shipped from MO. I'd like to know whether the UPS driver was questioned (whether that person delivered anything on Monday, July 27th, what time, and what they saw). RB says that when Bob was not at home, some boxes were delivered to the front porch. Was that on Monday/Tuesday when Bob went/was missing? Fontelle went back to MO on July 7 and returned to Placentia on Wednesday, July 29.
    Fontelle shipped 22 separate medium sized boxes of her belongings from MO via UPS. As far as I know, they were all delivered to the house before she arrived, and when Dad was at home he had the driver put them inside the garage. When not at home, some were delivered to the front porch. None of the boxes were opened until after Fontelle arrived.

22. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to cloudajo For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by cloudajo View Post
    Good question but I'm not sure. I'd like to know whether the mailman/woman was questioned to find out what time they delivered/collected mail and if they saw anything on Monday, July 27th.

Daughter RB posted (below) that UPS delivered boxes to Bob's house that Fontelle had shipped from MO. I'd like to know whether the UPS driver was questioned (whether that person delivered anything on Monday, July 27th, what time, and what they saw). RB says that when Bob was not at home, some boxes were delivered to the front porch. Was that on Monday/Tuesday when Bob went/was missing? Fontelle went back to MO on July 7 and returned to Placentia on Wednesday, July 29.
    Fontelle shipped 22 separate medium sized boxes of her belongings from MO via UPS. As far as I know, they were all delivered to the house before she arrived, and when Dad was at home he had the driver put them inside the garage. When not at home, some were delivered to the front porch. None of the boxes were opened until after Fontelle arrived.
    Thanks cloudajo. I was having flashbacks to a case we worked (FL) that has some eerie similarities to Mr. Harrods, but the mail factor- and deliveries etc- really useful in that case. Actually, case breaking if you know what I mean.

24. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Oriah For This Useful Post:

BBM-what a curious statement. I wonder if Mrs Harrod concurs.
    email me

Bob Harrod SAR

― Maya Angelou

26. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to believe09 For This Useful Post:

We have a few insiders-lets see if we can draw them back by answering the mail question. Really anyone in the neighborhood would be able to confirm when the postperson usually dropped off the mail.

I wonder what time those packages were delivered? If it was 11AM or 12PM...that would be a game changer for sure.
    email me

Bob Harrod SAR

― Maya Angelou

28. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to believe09 For This Useful Post:

Sorry to digress, but imo all of the real estate activity just makes me think that there could be some complicated leverage issues. I wonder who is underwriting what, and why? The numbers don't make sense to me, but this is all just imo, I'm a layperson here.
    All JMO.

30. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Montjoy For This Useful Post:

At the least, it is an odd thing to volunteer.
    All JMO.

32. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Montjoy For This Useful Post:

We have a few insiders-lets see if we can draw them back by answering the mail question. Really anyone in the neighborhood would be able to confirm when the postperson usually dropped off the mail.

I wonder what time those packages were delivered? If it was 11AM or 12PM...that would be a game changer for sure.
    Delivery confirmations exist, like, forever in the UPS system. (Sometimes it takes a little time to track down the records, but them handheld devices that you sign to receive packages? treasure trove of info.)
    And with so much transfer of electronic data these days... I think we can figure this out.

I wanna talk to the UPS delivery person on Mr. Harrod's route at the time.
    Hmmm.

34. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Oriah For This Useful Post:

tlcya is offline Websleuths IS its Members, plain and simple
    That line stood out to me as well. My first thought on reading that line was - how interesting that someone would feel a need to state that.
    Sleuth: to act as a detective: search for information: to search for and discover

Show me the evidence, give me the facts.

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/blog.php?49066-tlcya-the-Good-the-Bad-the-Websleuth

36. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to tlcya For This Useful Post:

suzyq211 is offline Someone knows what happened to Robert Harrod!
    Quote Originally Posted by tlcox View Post
    That line stood out to me as well. My first thought on reading that line was - how interesting that someone would feel a need to state that.
    I'll say it...I can definitely see them opening up the boxes. JMHO
    Robert Harrod will be found.

All my posts are MOO and nothing but MOO!!!!

38. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to suzyq211 For This Useful Post:

A few posts from Bob’s daughters from 3 years ago (Aug 11 & 12, 2009), a little over 2 weeks after their father had gone missing. PB and RB on one forum, and JuM on another.

PB: I called my dad that morning by telephone, he had obviously been getting quite a few phone calls that morning. Then I realized that my BIL was there and I DID hear him say he was going to the "hardware store". My dad responded to him in a favorable way. I told my dad that I would let him go and talk to him later. That was the last time that I spoke to him. Times vary as I could not tell you the exact time that I called Dad, I gave an approximate of sometime between 11 and 12 and found later it was probably after 11:30 a.m.

PB: The changing of the locks was my suggestion as I was concerned to F's safety from the POI.

JuM: His new wife has changed all the locks, so if he tries to return he will not be able to get back in with his keys.

RB: The "possible" crime scene and it's contents have constantly been at risk, and that must change. Proposed conservators and our attorney are increasingly concerned.

RB: Real Quick: D continued to "loan" POI money, even after he married F. What a snake (either D and/or POI)!

PB: He has called me at home exactly two times this year, one from his home phone and one from a cell phone that the POI had given him. The only other time was about 2 to 3 years ago, when my Mom was really sick. He does NOT have long-distance and was too cheap to pay for it.

PB: The POI did give him the cell phone, but he did NOT know how to answer it - chuckle.

RB: POI insinuating that family (actual family) is involved. Jeesh! POI doesn't really know family and only had D's chronic lies to base her opinion on.

40. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to cloudajo For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by cloudajo View Post
    A few posts from Bob’s daughters from 3 years ago (Aug 11 & 12, 2009), a little over 2 weeks after their father had gone missing. PB and RB on one forum, and JuM on another.

PB: I called my dad that morning by telephone, he had obviously been getting quite a few phone calls that morning. Then I realized that my BIL was there and I DID hear him say he was going to the "hardware store". My dad responded to him in a favorable way. I told my dad that I would let him go and talk to him later. That was the last time that I spoke to him. Times vary as I could not tell you the exact time that I called Dad, I gave an approximate of sometime between 11 and 12 and found later it was probably after 11:30 a.m.

PB: The changing of the locks was my suggestion as I was concerned to F's safety from the POI.

JuM: His new wife has changed all the locks, so if he tries to return he will not be able to get back in with his keys.

RB: The "possible" crime scene and it's contents have constantly been at risk, and that must change. Proposed conservators and our attorney are increasingly concerned.

RB: Real Quick: D continued to "loan" POI money, even after he married F. What a snake (either D and/or POI)!

PB: He has called me at home exactly two times this year, one from his home phone and one from a cell phone that the POI had given him. The only other time was about 2 to 3 years ago, when my Mom was really sick. He does NOT have long-distance and was too cheap to pay for it.

PB: The POI did give him the cell phone, but he did NOT know how to answer it - chuckle.

RB: POI insinuating that family (actual family) is involved. Jeesh! POI doesn't really know family and only had D's chronic lies to base her opinion on.
    Well I guess that somewhat derails the outrage of one of the co conservators and the one daughter who is NOT a co conservator regarding the changing of the locks.

Dont these women speak to one another or is everyone forgetting the story here? They need to review at least the first month or perhaps the first year on all of their internet posting.

I suppose we could do a spread sheet for them.
    email me

Bob Harrod SAR

― Maya Angelou

42. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to believe09 For This Useful Post:

OK- so Bob apparently had a cell phone he couldnt use. Moving on....

These folks are pretty strange.
    email me

Bob Harrod SAR

― Maya Angelou

44. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to believe09 For This Useful Post:

OK- so Bob apparently had a cell phone he couldnt use. Moving on....

These folks are pretty strange.
    Yeah, I remember reading that and thinking- huh. I wouldn't think it was funny at all if my elderly father had a cell phone that he didn't or couldn't use.

Maybe I just didn't get the joke.

46. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to Oriah For This Useful Post:

Yeah, I remember reading that and thinking- huh. I wouldn't think it was funny at all if my elderly father had a cell phone that he didn't or couldn't use.

Maybe I just didn't get the joke.
    Yes, but it is likely you dont want your elderly father isolated either. It seems clear to me that all of the posting that includes disgusting allegations, insensitive remarks such as the one about the phone and repeated calls to APS indicate a coordinated effort to keep Bob away from any possible attachment to another human being. JMO.

Mrs Harrod and by extension her family must have seemed like a God send to him. So sad. I wonder what Bob would have done if he hadn't disappeared? I wonder if he would have left everyone in CA in the dust?

Where are you Bob? There are still people across the www fighting for you.
    email me

Bob Harrod SAR

― Maya Angelou

48. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to believe09 For This Useful Post:

Moving on to this statement. A reference to Carnation Drive as the crime scene....I knew we would all see eye to eye eventually. Crime scene certainly implies that a crime was committed.
    email me

Bob Harrod SAR

― Maya Angelou

50. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to believe09 For This Useful Post:

Page 42 of 46 FirstFirst ... 323334353637383940414243444546 LastLast