Page 30 of 51 FirstFirst ... 20 28 29 30 31 32 40 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Jezbel View Post
    I haven't read all the posts yet so this may have been answered but I believe it was brought up on cross about the talk with her godmother, the story of the dog and the assault on another prisoner.
    And as I pointed out earlier, it was brought up without any context whatsoever. So I have to assume that it was a recorded telephone call that Derstine was privy to?

If neither the godmother, nor the recorded telephone call show up as part of the defence strategy then you can rest assured that the context of that conversation was not TLM bragging about any of those events or revelling in what she had done.

MOO

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Kamille For This Useful Post:

I also want to make it clear that NO I dont believe MTR didnt know she was kidnapped and that is why he was so calm. He knew exactly what was going on.
    May you rest in peace.....Tori Stafford

Missing but never forgotten Nicole Louise Morin last seen July 30th 1985

http://websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=32372

4. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to crazyladi For This Useful Post:

So is it because TLM was sent to a detention centre and not jail that they have no recording of MTR saying "You would do anything for a little bit of love huh?" ??????

6. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to crazyladi For This Useful Post:

Hi all,

Is there court tomorrow or is it a day dedicated to legal issues? I can't remember :/

Thanks
    Justice for Holly Bobo🎀

8. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to ~n/t~ For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by crazyladi View Post
    His demeanour during the whole thing still makes me wonder if he has done this before. He is way to calm, goes to get drugs, timmies etc. Without even being worried that he could get caught. How can someone be so calm with an 8yr old in the back seat that doesnt belong to them??? I really dont think Tori gave much of a struggle, she was probably too scared. JMO
    It's funny how Derstine has pretty much admitted to the Timmies stop even though TLM was unable to lead LE to that location and no one obviously came forward to indicate that they had seen either MR in their store or the car in the parking lot of any Tim Hortons. Pretty much the same situation with the car wash/variety store. And that stop was done after dark with less people around I'm sure.

So why is one taken at face value as the truth because it can be spun to make the defendent look like he didn't have a care about having Victoria in the car at that time, and the other is considered a TLM lie because it doesn't look good on the defendent?

MOO

10. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Kamille For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by ~n/t~ View Post
    Hi all,

Is there court tomorrow or is it a day dedicated to legal issues? I can't remember :/

Thanks
    Morning n/t. Tomorrow is legal issues. No jury in until Wednesday.

12. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Kamille For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by ~n/t~ View Post
    Hi all,

Thanks
    Legal Arguments Tuesday, Court resumes on Wednesday.

Heeney tells the jury they will be off on Tuesday. Council will be having legal arguments. Back Wednesday at 10 am.

http://twitter.com/#!/AM980_Court
    Many that live deserve death. And some die that deserve life. Can you give it to them? Then be not too eager to deal out death in the name of justice, fearing for your own safety. Even the wise cannot see all ends.
    - J.R.R. Tolkien

14. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to nobodyzgirl For This Useful Post:

So is it because TLM was sent to a detention centre and not jail that they have no recording of MTR saying "You would do anything for a little bit of love huh?" ??????
    Yes, I believe the rules for visitation are a lot more lax in a juvenile detention centre than a jail where you would have to sit face to face with a glass partition and talk to each other by phone while being video taped and recorded.

In juvi, family members or approved visitors are probably allowed to sit with the child in a common room without much supervision at all. Remember she was in for a breach of probation, not a suspect in a murder.

Thankfully I have never had the opportunity to visit anyone either in juvi or jail so I'm only going by what I've seen in other cases and in pictures of the Genest Detention Centre. If I'm incorrect on this, I hope someone will correct me.

MOO

16. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Kamille For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Kamille View Post
    And as I pointed out earlier, it was brought up without any context whatsoever. So I have to assume that it was a recorded telephone call that Derstine was privy to?

If neither the godmother, nor the recorded telephone call show up as part of the defence strategy then you can rest assured that the context of that conversation was not TLM bragging about any of those events or revelling in what she had done.

MOO
    Yes, this was in reply to Ardy's question

18. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Jezbel For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Kamille View Post
    Yes, I believe the rules for visitation are a lot more lax in a juvenile detention centre than a jail where you would have to sit face to face with a glass partition and talk to each other by phone while being video taped and recorded.

In juvi, family members or approved visitors are probably allowed to sit with the child in a common room without much supervision at all. Remember she was in for a breach of probation, not a suspect in a murder.

Thankfully I have never had the opportunity to visit anyone either in juvi or jail so I'm only going by what I've seen in other cases and in pictures of the Genest Detention Centre. If I'm incorrect on this, I hope someone will correct me.

MOO
    So an 18yr old kills an 8yr old and she is sent to a detention centre?? Wow they really screwed this up because that is key evidence what he said... *sigh* Just another piece of evidence lost.

She should never have been sent to a detention centre with her record and what she had confessed to.

20. The Following User Says Thank You to crazyladi For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Jezbel View Post
    Yes, this was in reply to Ardy's question
    I was just jumping off your post Jezbel to respond about that testimony that Derstine supposedly was able to draw out of TLM on cross.

We have to remember that it was his "suggestion" that she said those things to a third party but no one put it into context so it really should be considered hearsay until they do. I'm surprised the Crown didn't jump on that.

MOO

ETA: So I'm not directing this info at you...just in general.

22. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Kamille For This Useful Post:

So an 18yr old kills an 8yr old and she is sent to a detention centre?? Wow they really screwed this up because that is key evidence what he said... *sigh* Just another piece of evidence lost.

She should never have been sent to a detention centre with her record and what she had confessed to.
    She was picked up on an unrelated charge and that's why she was in the Detention Centre. She was a POI almost from the beginning but didn't confess until almost 6 weeks later.
    "It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it" ~Aristotle~

24. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to puppyraiser For This Useful Post:

except that when TLM was picked up it was for parole violation not murder?JMO

as we have seen there are some nasty murder one type juvies too; why no taping of all conversations there too? Something to do with young offenders??? This needs to be addressed. IMO But since they expunge young offender files I guess it gets complicated. How do we know MTR does not have a history like this??? JMO
    As always, JMO

Evil is; as evil does.

Prayers for Jun Lin, his family and those that love him.
    Justice is patient, relentless in its pursuit and is on the march for Justin Lin....

26. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to snoofer For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by puppyraiser View Post
    She was picked up on an unrelated charge and that's why she was in the Detention Centre. She was a POI almost from the beginning but didn't confess until almost 6 weeks later.
    geesh if she was a poi from the get go; then someone dropped the ball, she should have been wired from the get go IMO.
    As always, JMO

Evil is; as evil does.

Prayers for Jun Lin, his family and those that love him.
    Justice is patient, relentless in its pursuit and is on the march for Justin Lin....

28. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to snoofer For This Useful Post:

I totally forgot that she was picked up prior for something else...ARGH!! The YOA in Canada really sucks.

30. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to crazyladi For This Useful Post:

Page 30 of 51 FirstFirst ... 20 28 29 30 31 32 40 ... LastLast