GUILTY NC - PFC Kelli Bordeaux, 23, Fayetteville, 14 April 2012 - #4

Status
Not open for further replies.

nursebeeme

Reaction score
Police are questioning friends and relatives of a missing Fort Bragg soldier who is believed to be in danger.

Kelli Bordeaux, 23, was last seen early Saturday morning leaving Froggy Bottoms bar in Fayetteville, N.C. The private first class, who is stationed at nearby Fort Bragg, was reported missing on Monday by base officials, police said.

"There is some information we've gathered that makes us concerned for her safety," said Fayetteville Police spokesperson Gavin MacRoberts. He declined to go into more detail due to the ongoing investigation.

http://abcnews.go.com/US/soldier-kelli-bordeaux-missing-fort-bragg/story?id=16157632#.T43PWO19GXw

http://cdn.abclocal.go.com/images/wtvd/cms_exf_2007/news/local/8624606_448x252.jpg

Bordeaux is described as standing 5' tall and weighing 99 pounds. She has blond hair and brown eyes. The soldier was reportedly last seen wearing a pink halter top and black shorts.

Fayetteville Police Public Information Officer Gavin MacRoberts said based on information gathered during the investigation, detectives believe she may be in danger and are asking for anyone who may have seen her to contact police at (910)433-1856 or CrimeStoppers at (910)483-TIPS (8477).
http://abclocal.go.com/wtvd/story?section=news/local&id=8624607

Fort Bragg officials reported Pfc. Kelli Bordeaux, 23, missing on Monday, and police say she "may be in danger."

Bordeaux was last seen leaving Froggy Bottoms bar, at 6326 Ramsey St., around 1:20 a.m. Saturday. She was wearing a pink halter top and black shorts.
http://www.wral.com/news/local/story/10991835/

link to article about original RSO charges of NH: http://www.wral.com/news/local/story/103731/

case map: http://g.co/maps/fkpuu

Missing Person's report: http://dig.abclocal.go.com/wtvd/docs/041912_kelli_bordeaux_missing_person_report.pdf

thread #1
thread #2
thread #3

The media is just "too" quiet today! No information on any searches being done or anything. Plus I noticed that the interview with Nick just before he turned himself in, has completely disappeared. Even the other story which had him mentioning the bloody clothes right near the end has been edited so that it no longer contains that! I would take a guess that the Army and LE have put some pressure on the media outlets for a reason! Maybe it means that they are close to charging someone!?!?

The media is just "too" quiet today! No information on any searches being done or anything. Plus I noticed that the interview with Nick just before he turned himself in, has completely disappeared. Even the other story which had him mentioning the bloody clothes right near the end has been edited so that it no longer contains that! I would take a guess that the Army and LE have put some pressure on the media outlets for a reason! Maybe it means that they are close to charging someone!?!?

BBM:

I cannot find the interview where NH states that LE had searched his vehicle. He also had made mention that LE had even scraped dirt and/or mud from underneath his vehicle.

If NH had anything to do with Kelli's disappearance (I think he did), then I hope he starts singing.

Searches were to go on today, weren't they? Weekend media coverage is way too scarce, IMO, and sometimes it isn't even correct.

MOO

Brought over from other thread (quoted Woe.Be.Gone)

Most of us do watch those shows because we have an interest. But without hands on experience, the real-time facts of a crime, accurate media portrayals, etc. How do we know?

I've watch Forensic Files and marvel at what can be done - I'm just not sure every case in America is given that much detailed attention. Some of those cases are cold cases that have been taken down from the shelf when somebody had the time.

Don't get mad, help us learn and grow and share your expertise with us.

p.s. burned clothing is still more complicated to i.d. than found clothing that's intact.

Not to mention that in the heat of the moment, someone who just committed a crime might not be thinking about that kind of thing. His/her priority might be to immediately destroy a bloody shirt, victim's driver's license, etc.

I've been a fan of shows like Forensic Files (and the like) forever. But such shows exist because perps get sloppy and leave evidence behind. So I think it's very possible NH could have tried to destroy evidence in his own backyard (or near it). I mean, if he doesn't have a steady income, maybe he didn't have money to fill up his tank and drive to the next town to dispose of things. :twocents: :moo:

also: link I just posted above: very interesting that they have pulled all of the interviews.. wondering if it is being used as an investigative tool?

By the way:

I have a compiled list of the over 19,000 offenders in North Carolina in my database. Should I start a thread in getting across my idea in how Websleuths can help with a project? My own program only id's by name, but doesn't actually access the FB sites (I have to do that manually). To that end, what I need are people who would help me with the project to identify every name on the list with a potential social networking page. Rather than call LE right away, what I'd like to do is to provide a complete documentation audit trail that would tie in the offender with the site. Once we have the complete list, Websleuths can approach NC media with the information and see if we can get a feature story or investigative reporter to help get the message out.

My recommendation is that the reporter work in conjunction with HIS LE sources, so this would become a legitimate process. In this case, it would immediately inform the public of the presence of verified offenders, and LE would HAVE to take it seriously and arrest / charge / hold for high bail all the RSO's with a social networking site.

What do you think? And if this is a good idea, how to start a thread to this effect?

Todd, this is something that you would want to discuss with the owners (but is a good idea imhoo)

By the way:

I have a compiled list of the over 19,000 offenders in North Carolina in my database. Should I start a thread in getting across my idea in how Websleuths can help with a project? My own program only id's by name, but doesn't actually access the FB sites (I have to do that manually). To that end, what I need are people who would help me with the project to identify every name on the list with a potential social networking page. Rather than call LE right away, what I'd like to do is to provide a complete documentation audit trail that would tie in the offender with the site. Once we have the complete list, Websleuths can approach NC media with the information and see if we can get a feature story or investigative reporter to help get the message out.

My recommendation is that the reporter work in conjunction with HIS LE sources, so this would become a legitimate process. In this case, it would immediately inform the public of the presence of verified offenders, and LE would HAVE to take it seriously and arrest / charge / hold for high bail all the RSO's with a social networking site.

What do you think? And if this is a good idea, how to start a thread to this effect?

Personally I think it is a wonderful idea and I would be willing to help in anyway that I could, just let me know when and how Todd.

http://fayobserver.com/articles/2012/04/19/1172352?sac=fo.local
Another tragedy in Fayetteville. Was this guy a soldier too? The article doesn't give any information about the shooter, but says very nice things about the victims (one of whom is a Viet Nam Vet).

Anyway, I get a little defensive when it comes to the troops. There are good ones and bad ones just like there are among any large group of people.

JustyThoughts:
VOH, are you able to provide any additional information (or even general categories) of things we "not believe"?

There is confusion about what police have reported to the media and the people being interviewed regarding clothing, alibis, and location of Kelli's personal belongings.

spoiledmom:
Also wondering if there is another male friend that police might be investigating. Not talking about the husband. Is it possible that she did send the text to that male friend??

I cannot answer this.

Soulmagent:
I would try to get answers from a bar to ,double it if the bar patrons an employees are posting on the interent. I would want answers and I wouldnt give flying f about the "cant say " because of the LE investigation.

For some reason, I was the ONLY person the bar he did not question. He even began questioning two of the bikers. This is when he was removed from the bar. I did interact with him enough that he could have asked questions, but did not.

spoiledmom:
I have wondered about Nicks reasons for saying to the media that she was on her phone all night. It's almost like he is saying, check her phone and read her texts because he is the one that text that she got home safely. Being that he sexually assaulted a child, it shows that he gets turned on by having power and control. I wouldn't be surprised if he was attracted to her because he knew he couldn't have her. He was turned on by the fact that she didn't want him and he probably raped and killed her. Not to be a downer but, the bloody shirt doesn't sound good.

We don't know what questions Nick was asked to respond with that information.

Bloody shirt? Did I mis something?

Woe.be.gone
I wondered about those burn barrels too - we forget to ask if they had been lit on Saturday and Sunday nights or even Friday too - don't know how long the embers last, etc.

The barrels were lit Friday night.

Soulmagent:
My questions are

1. How long had Nick and the guy who was playing pool with Kelli they night she met nick known eachother.

2. Was nick living in the lean too with another person .

3. what kind of car was Nick driving

1. I cannot answer this
2. No.
3. Mid-late model silver Chevy Cavalier 2-door (it was shown in one of the videos)

Soulmagent:

We have no confirmation of anything that was driven. Reports have been He picked her up and dropped her off, He could have picked her up from the mall We dunno..

Where her car was. Where nicked picked her up from ,if he dropped her off. All we know for fact is
NH is the last one to admit seeing Kelli and he was in her company that night.

Nick picked her up in his car from her apartment/complex.

Eileen730:

He picked her up?
Do ppl call this bar and ask for rides?
And Nick is the chauffer? He gets tips

Nick is not affiliated with the bar. People do not call the bar for rides. The arrangements made were between Nick and Kelli.

Spoiledmom:

I am confused as to why it says that Nicks address was confirmed on April 8th when it was not his address. How far is Spring Lake from Froggy's? Anyone know?

About 10 minutes.

Vibert:
Soldiers come back from overseas and snap. There's a lot of spousal beatings, abuse, and murder if you watch the news.

FACT: Former members and active duty male members of the military between ages 21-35 are less likely to commit violent crimes against wives and girlfriends than the civilian population of the same age. I used this fact in a report I wrote for school and found it interesting considering how the media portrays it to be the opposite.

LaLaw2000:
Searches were to go on today, weren't they?

K-9 H.R. Dogs were going to be searching the woods and the lake by Kelli's apartments.

As far as I'm concerned, these men and women shouldn't be able to live among us. I'm not certain just what can be done with them, but to have them living and working in places like I've seen and read about at colleges, construction sites, UPS drivers, and cable company workers, no way should this be permitted to happen. A UPS driver delivers to homes where unsuspecting wives are going about their daily routines.

As far as I'm concerned, these men and women shouldn't be able to live among us. I'm not certain just what can be done with them, but to have them living and working in places like I've seen and read about at colleges, construction sites, UPS drivers, and cable company workers, no way should this be permitted to happen. A UPS driver delivers to homes where unsuspecting wives are going about their daily routines.

Australia-likedness came to mind.

VOH it's good to have you back. Thank you so much for the updates and things that you are able to tell us. The bloody shirt came out of one of the interviews (video) the other day. He stated that LE told him that they located a plastic bag with Khaki pants and a bloody t-shirt inside, at the last pond search. They directly asked him if his DNA would be found on it and he said no. It was in the same interview where he said that LE told him to say, "If I killed Kelli, then I need to die". Or words to that effect.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nmdigital