Deceased/Not Found CA - Sierra LaMar, 15, Morgan Hill, 16 March 2012 #12 *A. Garcia-Torres guilty*

Status
Not open for further replies.

bessie

Verified Insider
Reaction score
tdy-120320-sierra-lamar-2p.grid-5x2.jpg

Sierra LaMar, 15, has been missing since Friday, March 16. She left home early that morning to walk to her bus stop for school. Her cell phone was found along a local roadway shortly after, and her purse/bag was also found later.
Facebook page - www.facebook.com/help.find.sierra

DON'T GO ANY FURTHER UNTIL YOU READ THIS POST!

no one has been cleared but the parents and boyfriend of Siera's mother have not been named persons of interest in the case and we will not be sleuthing or speculating about them at this time...

No arguing, and be respectful of other posters. One opinion is no more valuable than another, and we're each entitled to our own.
Posting links to Twitter accounts and FB pages of individuals other than the victim (and suspect if one is eventually named) is against the rules. Keep in mind that many of Sierra's friends are minors.

Quote:
Social Networks
...social networking pages may only be linked if they are directly related to a case, i.e. the victim or suspect. We don't want to post to someone's mother, brother, employer, milkman, or postal carrier just because they know the main player. We also NEVER link to minor's pages (unless they are the victim).

Rules Etiquette & Information - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community

Case Map (Thanks, Wondergirl!)
http://maps.google.com/maps/ms?msa=...934,0.030041&z=14&source=embed&mid=1332261677

PREVIOUS THREADS:
Thread # 1
Thread # 2
Thread # 3
Thread # 4
Thread # 5
Thread # 6
Thread # 7
Thread # 8
Thread # 9
Thread #10
Thread #11

Praying you come home safe Sierra! You've reached us over here in England. We're all hoping for your safe return or (hate this) justice for your family.

My thoughts are someone had been obsessed, watching, fixated on sierra. Sadly social networks allow this to be easier, not knocking them, they're a fantastic tool to.

These are just my thoughts based on the location of her home.

Waiting to hear if any thing exciting happened on the search today. I could not make it out. Migraine hit big time

Praying you come home safe Sierra! You've reached us over here in England. We're all hoping for your safe return or (hate this) justice for your family.

My thoughts are someone had been obsessed, watching, fixated on sierra. Sadly social networks allow this to be easier, not knocking them, they're a fantastic tool to.

These are just my thoughts based on the location of her home.

:welcome4:

With a nonfamily abduction in 15-17 year olds, the victim's remains are usually found within five miles of the home, slightly covered or not covered at all (Lord, Boudreaux, and Lanning 2001).

http://www.thefreelibrary.com/Investigating+Potential+Child+Abduction+Cases.-a075959748

5 miles seems so close, but it equals out to a little over 78 square miles of territory to search - a daunting task without clues to point the way. It's no wonder so many are found so close to home completely at random by hunters, hikers etc.

It's an unfortunate reality.
It's unfortunate, but it happens.

But, we can all hope for a recovery.

Thank you! I have no idea how to use this. So bare with me!
You guys do a great job, i wish i could fly over and help search! She's in alotof peoples thoughts and prayers over here. Come home safe Sierra!

Thank you! I have no idea how to use this. So bare with me!
You guys do a great job, i wish i could fly over and help search! She's in alotof peoples thoughts and prayers over here. Come home safe Sierra!

Willow30 no problem been here 8 years still learning. And any new insight is always welcome.

Thanks for linking this! I really like how they broke it down into victims' age ranges.

Indeed! According to the study, Sierra was almost certainly abducted by a stranger, acquaintance, or someone with an emotional motive (according to the study, this last is usually a domestic abuse type scenario). For profit motives tend to have male victims by the study. 'Mean girl' scenarios must be pretty rare, as they aren't mentioned at all.

According to the study, an abduction from home/front of home usually indicates the boyfriend/ex/stalker type scenario.

Willow30 no problem been here 8 years still learning. And any new insight is always welcome.

Thanks! I keep leaning back to the folded clothes and underwear, its so irritating not knowing the exact clothing etc. Though i do have to say, I'm in my twenties and when i was Sierras age, if i had sport early in the day i may have gone to school in a more comfortable bra, then had a flattering one packed for after. Same with underwear, something comfortable for sport, then tuck something more flattering away for after. Just as some things show through awkwardly.

Just another thought on that, sorry if its been mentioned beforehand. Of course this is just my thoughts. Another angle.

It went away . Kind of glad I was here actually seeing the news about Danielle was worth it.
Now hopefully Sierra will be found safe and well soon.

Me too. I was reading this page last night http://www.charleyproject.org/resolved.html and I think it is interesting and possibly encouraging that 4 or 5 of the cases were young runaways who were found safe 2-3 yrs post disappearance. (I'm not familiar with their stories, so I don't know how they compare to Sierra's case.)

Thanks! I keep leaning back to the folded clothes and underwear, its so irritating not knowing the exact clothing etc. Though i do have to say, I'm in my twenties and when i was Sierras age, if i had sport early in the day i may have gone to school in a more comfortable bra, then had a flattering one packed for after. Same with underwear, something comfortable for sport, then tuck something more flattering away for after. Just as some things show through awkwardly.

Just another thought on that, sorry if its been mentioned beforehand. Of course this is just my thoughts. Another angle.

First of all, :welcome::fireworks:

I agree with your idea about the undergarments. My DD used to take a change of clothes on Friday, often including new bra, because she was hoping to go out to a party or somewhere that she wanted to look 'better' than how she dressed for school. In class she wore comfortable sports bras and roomy shirts and for night time she would want to upgrade.

As I recall, Marlene had said that those clothes in the bag were what she believed Sierra was wearing that day. This eliminated my thoughts on Sierra packing a bag for later that day.

This is an enormous clue. Either way, the perp left a signature.

Indeed! According to the study, Sierra was almost certainly abducted by a stranger, acquaintance, or someone with an emotional motive (according to the study, this last is usually a domestic abuse type scenario). For profit motives tend to have male victims by the study. 'Mean girl' scenarios must be pretty rare, as they aren't mentioned at all.

According to the study, an abduction from home/front of home usually indicates the boyfriend/ex/stalker type scenario.

I(f I had to choose just one scenario here, I would say a stalker. I think that she was noticed by somebody, walking to the bus stop alone, and back, every day. She could have been easily followed one day by someone, who saw her home. And if they had a van or a work truck or a normal looking sedan, then they could watch and suss out the morning routine. It would be pretty obvious that the 2 adults left very early every morning. leaving her alone.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member