Page 3 of 24 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: AZ - Isabel Mercedes Celis, 6, Tucson, 20 April 2012 - #1

I am literally weeping right now, because I don't think this is a made up story (ie llisa) I think Isabel is such a beauty that she attracted the wrong person and my heart breaks right now...off to cry

ETA: after i go cry im going to go hug and kiss my 6-yr old some more

2. The Following 19 Users Say Thank You to longtallcold For This Useful Post:

Did they say if windows were open, unlocked, etc...? I just have a hard time with the idea of someone coming into a houseful of people and no one knowing...(yes, I know about the infrequent cases in the past...) But it just seems so unlikely if house was locked up, etc...JMO
    Just my opinion, of course.

4. The Following 14 Users Say Thank You to cluciano63 For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by cluciano63 View Post
    Did they say if windows were open, unlocked, etc...? I just have a hard time with the idea of someone coming into a houseful of people and no one knowing...(yes, I know about the infrequent cases in the past...) But it just seems so unlikely if house was locked up, etc...JMO
    Only a comment I read they said the screen was off her bedroom window. Nothing official. I wish our news would show itself. I'm getting disappointed in it. Some cases amaze me with the reporting.

I understand what you are saying cluciano. Rare cases. There is a SO who lives 5 houses from hers I read. Level 3. Haven't checked it out yet though.

I'm trying to find out if they are wanting the public to help search. Nothing so far.

6. The Following 18 Users Say Thank You to Dr. Know? For This Useful Post:

On the KVOA news article someone posted a comment about a report of a suspicious male who has been watching children on the playground at Isabel's school.

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Know? View Post
    They closed down a whole street. I'm sure they are searching inside each home in that area. I found her mom on facebook, there's some cute pictures of Isabel. Doesn't seem to have any of her dad's pictures on there. Just the mom & kids.

BBM: Maybe because of this:

JMO

Both parents live in the home, so police had no indication a child custody dispute was involved but weren't completely ruling it out.

http://abcnews.go.com/US/wireStory/t...7#.T5M__9XQ00o

9. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to Wondergirl For This Useful Post:

They may wait until the local news...when is that, 10pm PST? So another 3-4 hours?
    Tucson is in mountain time but without daylight savings time so it makes them appear to be on pacific time this time of year. The local news would start in 2hrs45min (approx)

11. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to KaylynnCouture For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Wondergirl View Post
    BBM: Maybe because of this:

JMO
    I'm confused. The article says both parents live in the home meaning there is no custody dispute (which leads me to believe the parents are married..).

13. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to KaylynnCouture For This Useful Post:

BBM: Not that I have read, but they did say this:

Investigators also were examining every door and window of the house for signs of a break-in, Hawke said.

http://abcnews.go.com/US/wireStory/t...7#.T5M__9XQ00o

15. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Wondergirl For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by KaylynnCouture View Post
    I'm confused. The article says both parents live in the home meaning there is no custody dispute (which leads me to believe the parents are married..).
    But, LE said they were not completely ruling out a custody dispute.

17. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to Wondergirl For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Wondergirl View Post
    But, LE said they were not completely ruling out a custody dispute.
    Got it. I misread it. Thanks!

19. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to KaylynnCouture For This Useful Post:

Checking the SO map, there is a level 3 sex offender a few houses away from Isabel's.

http://www.azdps.gov/Services/Sex_Offender/

21. The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to Dr. Know? For This Useful Post:

In about 40 minutes Fox11 updates before all the others do at 9pm. I'll post if there's anything new.

23. The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to Dr. Know? For This Useful Post:

I am keeping her family and her life in my prayers right now. Going to do a little Megan's Law search of the area to see who would be a suspect. I would guess it's someone in very close proximity to the parents' house, if it proves to have been an abduction.
    ~*~ Believing you can trust a sex offender is like trusting yourself to pick up a turd by the clean end. ~*~

25. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to LadyNorCal For This Useful Post:

Scores of police officers scoured the neighborhood throughout the afternoon, checking cars that entered the neighborhood and handing out fliers with the girl’s photograph.

Tucson police also received assistance from the U.S. Marshals, FBI and Arizona Department of Corrections, who used bloodhounds to trace the girl’s scent.
    Snipped: http://azstarnet.com/news/local/crim...9bb2963f4.html

27. The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to KaylynnCouture For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by LivInNorCal View Post
    I am keeping her family and her life in my prayers right now. Going to do a little Megan's Law search of the area to see who would be a suspect. I would guess it's someone in very close proximity to the parents' house, if it proves to have been an abduction.
    I agree.

There are 17 RSO's within a 3 mile radius, majority of which are level 3 offenders including 1 level 3 who lives just a few houses down.

29. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to KaylynnCouture For This Useful Post:

31. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to KaylynnCouture For This Useful Post:

shay0903 is offline Verified Health Professional - Registered Nurse

Angry

TPD wrote this on FB. In order to issue an Amber Alert, specific criteria must be met or pieces of information are needed. In this case, since we do not yet have a defined suspect, suspect vehicle, etc. the criteria for an Amber Alert aren't met. However, the Tucson Police Department is utilizing all available resources in the search for missing Isabel Celis.

I haven't seen a mom mentioned. Just her dad.
    I am soooo confused! In the Lisa Irwin case they didnt have a suspect description, neither in zahras case. This breaks my heart. I thought an amber alert was for any missing child! if she is missing there should be an alert or am I wrong in my thinking???

33. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to shay0903 For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by shay0903 View Post
    I am soooo confused! In the Lisa Irwin case they didnt have a suspect description, neither in zahras case. This breaks my heart. I thought an amber alert was for any missing child! if she is missing there should be an alert or am I wrong in my thinking???
    It is a big debate...but Amber Alerts are meant for freeway signs really, or were, for drivers to keep an eye out for a vehicle...you can't really just put a description of a person up on one of those, thousands of people would match it and calls would be crazy...some states go ahead and issue one anyway, or something like one...but this case seems to be national, more or less, anyway...JMO
    Just my opinion, of course.

35. The Following 16 Users Say Thank You to cluciano63 For This Useful Post:

hollyblue is offline It may be the cock that crows, but it is the hen that lays the eggs.
    I bet they had her window open for the night air and the perp entered that way....just took the screen off.

37. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to hollyblue For This Useful Post:

Watching local news, waiting for updates...
    Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts.---Patrick Moynihan
    Living in the

39. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to thefragile7393 For This Useful Post:

Not much on the news but the window was open and screen was off. They still have the area blocked off and checking all vehicles. They wouldn't let the news people in the area either. There sure are tons of police cars in the area.

41. The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to Dr. Know? For This Useful Post:

Feeling like this is a stranger abduction. Could be wrong though. Isabel is such a precious child. Makes me sick she isn't home. So sad! Prayers I am wrong and she will be found safe!
    Seeking Justice for those who can't. Wanting justice for precious Jhessye!

43. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to wantjustice For This Useful Post:

Grr I must have missed that...I'll have to do the 10:00 news. I can't find anything newer, so far. Very disconcerting this whole case is.
    Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts.---Patrick Moynihan
    Living in the

45. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to thefragile7393 For This Useful Post:

TPD wrote this on FB. In order to issue an Amber Alert, specific criteria must be met or pieces of information are needed. In this case, since we do not yet have a defined suspect, suspect vehicle, etc. the criteria for an Amber Alert aren't met. However, the Tucson Police Department is utilizing all available resources in the search for missing Isabel Celis.

I haven't seen a mom mentioned. Just her dad.
    First article in the thread indic a tes put to bed by her parents at 11pm. Next article mentions father only??!!

47. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Isabelle For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by hollyblue View Post
    I bet they had her window open for the night air and the perp entered that way....just took the screen off.
    Perp would have had to know where her bedroom was.

49. The Following 15 Users Say Thank You to Isabelle For This Useful Post:

Page 3 of 24 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 ... LastLast