Page 5 of 24 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415 ... LastLast

Thread: AZ - Isabel Mercedes Celis, 6, Tucson, 20 April 2012 - #1

Quote Originally Posted by KaylynnCouture View Post
    http://www.tucsonnewsnow.com/story/1...mps-on-the-way has an update saying that one of their reporters talked to her family and will "join in live". Not sure when that will be..
    http://www.tucsonnewsnow.com/story/1...ng-little-girl

This is the more recently updated article from them. It HAS a video with it... but I can't get any videos to work.

So I'm not sure, but it might have what you are looking for...

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to MsFacetious For This Useful Post:

I have a 6 year old and find it odd this child went to bed at 11. That seems very late to me - unless it was a special occasion or party?

4. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to BrownRice For This Useful Post:

Wish we had some news. I'm afraid this one will go cold before it is ever solved. Poor girl seems to live in a neighborhood full of pervs and people who might cover for them. Whether her kidnapper or killer came from her own household or outside, I suspect someone else knows and isn't telling. IMO, that person is as guilty as the person who took her.

6. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to TGIRecovered For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by BrownRice View Post
    I have a 6 year old and find it odd this child went to bed at 11. That seems very late to me - unless it was a special occasion or party?
    I thought so too. But maybe she is on spring break? I thought I heard of a few schools on spring break this week ending today. Ours was a few weeks ago.
    Seeking Justice for those who can't. Wanting justice for precious Jhessye!

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to wantjustice For This Useful Post:

AZ: 6yr old Mercedes missing from her bedroom

Mercedes was put to bed at 11 pm and discovered missing by her two parents in the morning, in mid-town Tucson, Arizona. Law enforcement is treating this as a potential stranger abduction.

http://www.azcentral.com/news/articl...l-missing.html

EDIT: a thread has already been started on her, sorry:

[ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=169718"]AZ AZ - Isabel Mercedes Celis, 6, Tucson, 20 April 2012 - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community[/ame]

10. The Following User Says Thank You to arizona For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by hollyblue View Post
    Even if she wasn't afraid...why would she go outside at that hour? Pet? Was she mad at her parents for some kind of discipline? Sleep walking?
    If it was an intruder, how can we reach the young parents about the safety they need to take? So many young adults/parents don't watch the news and have no idea, imo. Send pamphlets home with the children from school? Would they still "get it"? IDK!!??? It just never stops and perps are so dang brazen anymore it makes your head spin.

Prayers they find her....soon. ie: pierced ears also
    If someone is determined and brazen enough to decide to kidnap a child from their bed at night I don't think there is much parents can do. Apart from keeping doors and windows locked of course.

Thats why this sort of thing is so scary. At some point everyone is asleep and it doesn't matter how much you try, there are times sounds won't wake you. Tell a child to scream for help but if the kidnapper says he will kill mom or dad or siblings they won't.

jmo

12. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to SilkySifaka For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by cluciano63 View Post
    Did they say if windows were open, unlocked, etc...? I just have a hard time with the idea of someone coming into a houseful of people and no one knowing...(yes, I know about the infrequent cases in the past...) But it just seems so unlikely if house was locked up, etc...JMO
    It isn't just the infrequent cases of the past (i.e Jessica Lunsford, Polly Klaas for the new members) but the thousands of burglaries a month throughout the country which show it happens and isn't such a stretch.

Admittedly its a bit more work to take a child out than a tv but burglars do go into sleeping homes and successfully carry out their plans. (another bunch get caught to of course)

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to SilkySifaka For This Useful Post:

keeponsearching is offline The mighty Oak was once a little nut that stood its ground.
    I hope this little girl is found safe. Do they bring dogs door to door to see if they can catch her scent?

16. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to keeponsearching For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by liz b. View Post
    Close to the border ? MOO
    Not a likely factor unless there is specific evidence on a link to Mexico, in which case Border Patrol would be alerted at all points of entry/exit, or at least Nogales. The border is a solid 1 to 2 hours away. Phoenix is as likely a random geographic link (with a much larger population) than anything in Mexico.

18. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to arizona For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by taagean View Post
    A person living at the house with the initials SDC has a record according to the online Tucson Courts public record access, and one case was filed on 19 April 2012. I won't link it as I don't believe this person has been named on MSM yet and I don't know for sure if it is pertinant to the disappearance of Isabel.
    What's the record? You can normally see whether a felony charge is involved or not, versus a silly speeding ticket, in Pima County.

20. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to arizona For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by hollyblue View Post
    I bet they had her window open for the night air and the perp entered that way....just took the screen off.
    It has started to warm up in AZ lately, which in our state means screen doors have started to be shut so a/c can be pumped on. But, not at night. Tucson evenings are still quite perfect.

22. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to arizona For This Useful Post:

I may be wrong but I think I remember hearing that Hispanic culture is stay up way late sleep in even later

24. The Following User Says Thank You to sweetsavi For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by shay0903 View Post
    I hope this is ok to share mods please remove if not : This is NOT good, I have personal experience with sex offender cases in Arizona courts. My hubs has a distant familiar member (not in this area of arizona ) that has a previous sex offense that shows up as a local charge in the court system. Im sure there are other charges that are listed this way but I know for a fact that sex offenses, especially those with children ARE listed as a local charge such as this one... , just not a good sign is all I am saying.
    I wouldn't go far in this direction unless the "local record" is verified as something more than a speeding ticket. I don't know what area of Arizona you were dealing with, but online court records are governed at the county level. Maricopa and Pima counties both have records that allow sufficient details to be gleaned that felony charges can easily be distinguished from speeding tickets etc. Tucson is in Pima County.

26. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to arizona For This Useful Post:

A person living at the house with the initials SDC has a record according to the online Tucson Courts public record access, and one case was filed on 19 April 2012. I won't link it as I don't believe this person has been named on MSM yet and I don't know for sure if it is pertinant to the disappearance of Isabel.
    What was the crime? I found Isabel's birth record. SDC is her dad

28. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to sweetsavi For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by sweetsavi View Post
    I may be wrong but I think I remember hearing that Hispanic culture is stay up way late sleep in even later
    The available information is way too vague for this factor to be nailed down. That area of Tucson is very mixed, demographically. Hispanics and whites blend together. The Hispanic last name here could merely mean that dad is Hispanic, with the rest of the family being Anglo. Even if they're all Hispanic, Arizona's Hispanic families fall on all sides of the spectrum, in terms of how "cultural" they are. My closest Hispanic friend here is more comfortable eating brauts with sauerkraut than anything Mexican. And he votes Republican.

30. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to arizona For This Useful Post:

First time hearing about this case...my first thought was John Couey and lil' Jessica Lunsford. Praying, praying, praying for Isabel!

32. The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to momtective For This Useful Post:

I now think you're on to something. The online records won't reveal the exact charges. They do confirm that the charges are criminal in nature. On the other hand, the records are located in the Tucson municipal court system, which leads me to believe these are nothing more than misdemeanors. More serious charges would be filed with the Pima County superior court system. But why are the charges multiple in nature?

The charges were filed one day before the girl went missing. Quite a strange coincidence.

34. The Following 22 Users Say Thank You to arizona For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by arizona View Post
    I now think you're on to something. The online records won't reveal the exact charges. They do confirm that the charges are criminal in nature. On the other hand, the records are located in the Tucson municipal court system, which leads me to believe these are nothing more than misdemeanors. More serious charges would be filed with the Pima County superior court system. But why are the charges multiple in nature?

The charges were filed one day before the girl went missing. Quite a strange coincidence.
    Whoops! Now I wish we knew what it was bc that is a strange coincidence. It still sounds more like an abduction but definitely weird. I thought charges were public record on line

36. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to SilkySifaka For This Useful Post:

shay0903 is offline Verified Health Professional - Registered Nurse
    Quote Originally Posted by arizona View Post

Yes I seen this all too very weird! It has citation numbers and I can't for the life of me figure out what would cause multiple citations like this and be criminal in nature, but arraignment on april 26 maybe they will tell more soon from LE.

38. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to shay0903 For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by cluciano63 View Post
    I can't see a 6-year old going out of the house at night, they are old enough to be afraid, unlike perhaps a toddler. JMO
    Perhaps she was lured out of the house. A kitten meowing or a puppy whining. What small child wouldn't want to rescue a little kitten or puppy? There is also the possibility she was sleepwalking.

Isabel Celis: 6-Year-Old Girl Vanishes From Tucson, Arizona Home

snipped

“We don’t have an actual piece of evidence that points us in one direction or another so for example we don’t have a piece of evidence that says she was definitively taken from the residence. We don’t have any specific piece of evidence that tells us she left the residence on her own,” said Hawke.

a little more at link, not much new though

http://abcnews.go.com/blogs/headline...-arizona-home/

41. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Dr. Know? For This Useful Post:

Latest news update shows LE still don't know if Isabel was abducted or walked away.

http://abcnews.go.com/blogs/headline...-arizona-home/

ETA Oops Dr, it looks like we posted at the same time.

43. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to taagean For This Useful Post:

All kinds of reasons a child that young would be up late. No school the next day, since it was Friday. Some kids are just nightowls esp. on the weekends. Many parents don't stick to a routine on weekends and a few don't even during the week. Yes, it's odd to many, but not to some of us. My youngest son fought with us constantly about going to bed early on school nights, and he is still a nightowl in his 20's.

45. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to TxLady2 For This Useful Post:

Another photo of Isabel released...

also, here's a new flyer for Isabel.

47. The Following 15 Users Say Thank You to KaylynnCouture For This Useful Post:

Find Isabel Celis Facebook Group: http://www.facebook.com/FindIsabelCelis

49. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to KaylynnCouture For This Useful Post:

Page 5 of 24 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415 ... LastLast