TX TX - Sarah Kinslow, 14, Greenville, 1 May 2001

Kelly

Founder, Project Jason
Reaction score
Website
www.projectjason.org
Now 18, Sarah Kinslow has been missing from Greenville, TX, since May 1st, 2001.

Here is her website: http://www.sarahkinslow.faithweb.com/

Sarah has been added to Project Jason's Adopt a Missing Person program. Please consider helping reunite Sarah with her family by wearing her photo button and sharing her story with others. For more details on how you can make a difference, please see:

http://www.projectjason.org/adopt.html

If you chose to adopt Sarah, we'll send you a personal bio so you can share her with the world as a person, rather than a case or a statistic. Here is an excerpt from her bio:

"Sarah is very musically talented/gifted. One year she starred in our church adult Christmas Cantata with speaking & solo singing parts. She began playing the piano by ear at age 6. We realized that it was time for her to have piano lessons. She often participated in piano contests & auditions. In March, 2000 she participated in ‘American Women Composers Level 3’ & won 1st place. She also competed in the Baroque Level 3 class. "

Thank you!

Kelly Jolkowski, Mother of Missing Jason Jolkowski
President and Founder,
Project Jason
www.projectjason.org

(A Project Jason Press Release)

For the fourth Christmas in a row, John and Louise Kinslow of Greenville, TX, would like to hang another stocking next to those of the other three Kinslow children. They also cling to hope that the gifts they bought in Christmas 2001, will finally be claimed by the rightful owner, the fourth child, young, spirited, and beautiful Sarah, missing since May 1, 2001.

There are no new gifts or a stocking for Sarah. It hurts the family too much. Her mother, Louise, remarked: “The reminder of her absence will be bitter, but to have her gifts be the only ones left under the tree, and her stocking to be left untouched would be too harsh of a reminder of the daughter who will miss the 4th year in a row with her family, where we need her to be.” Sarah was 14 at the time of her disappearance.

John and Louise try to recall the good times when Sarah was with them. She loved Christmas and it showed in her smile, laughter, and the excitement in her eyes and voice.

John recalls her exuberance: “As a little girl, she was the first one out of bed on Christmas morning in anticipation of what was in her stocking. She would awaken the other 3 children so they also could go raid their stockings. She would bring her stocking into our room and plop down onto our bed with it so that we could also see what treasures she had received.”

John, Louise, and the other children are left with their memories and the gift of hope, hope that Sarah will return to them and grace them with her contagious wonderment and joy.

One way in which the Kinslows keep hope alive is through a unique awareness program sponsored by Project Jason, a nonprofit organization which assists families of the missing. The program is called “Adopt a Missing Person”.

The Kinslows provided photo buttons and a personal bio about Sarah to distribute via mail. The public can go to the Project Jason website at www.projectjason.org, and chose from among two dozen missing persons to adopt, including Sarah. They can be sent her button, free of charge, and a copy of her personal bio. The adopter pledges to wear her button and tell others about her. The personal bio enables the adopter to feel they know Sarah as a person, rather than as a case number or a statistic.

Wearing the button and sharing the story of Sarah helps bring exposure for her case. The more often her face is seen, the greater the odds increase for location, and the reunion that her family dreams of. Often, in missing person's cases, once law enforcement has sifted through the available clues, and there are none forthcoming, the family is only left with awareness and hope. The Adopt a Missing Person program brings about awareness for their missing love one, plus gives them that much needed boost of hope that helps them go on another day without their missing loved one, especially at this time of year.

For additional information about Project Jason and the Adopt a Missing Person Program, please contact:

Kelly Jolkowski at kelly.jolkowski@projectjason.org or call 402-932-0095.

Adopt a Missing Person webpage: http://www.projectjason.org/adopt.html

Project Jason announces that Sarah is the current 18 Wheel Angel campaign. Her campaign will continue through January.

18 Wheel Angels is a national missing person's locator program in which truck drivers or other business travelers are recruited to place posters of a specific missing person along the way as they travel.

For additional information, please see:

http://www.projectjason.org/18wheel.html

You do not need to be a truck driver to help please posters. YOu can also help by telling any truck drivers or trucking companies you know about this program.

Thank you.

Kelly Jolkowski, Mother of Missing Jason Jolkowski
President and Founder,
Project Jason
www.projectjason.org

Maybe I'm missing something, but I couldn't find any info on the circumstances of her disappearance.

As Sarah has been gone for many years, to me, it makes no difference whether she left willingly at this point. The other details, such as who she was seen with, etc, do make a difference, but typically to LE, as I hope they thoroughly checked this out. (She was not abducted.)

What is the main concern is that she is out there as a young, vulnerable woman, and we all know that young people are not the best judge as to character and situations. It is imperative to do whatever is neccesary to locate Sarah, before harm can be done to her, if it is not too late.

With Hope,
Kelly

Kelly, I agree. However, it may help to know if she was online with someone and decided to meet the person and other things like that. She disappeared only minutes from my neighborhood. If they suspect she ran away to be with a boyfriend, maybe pictures of him would help.

What a beautiful, beautiful young lady. God, please lead LE to this girl and being her home to her family.

Jeana (DP) said:
Kelly, I agree. However, it may help to know if she was online with someone and decided to meet the person and other things like that. She disappeared only minutes from my neighborhood. If they suspect she ran away to be with a boyfriend, maybe pictures of him would help.

I do agree with you, Jeana. I think that the circumstances in any disappeareance whether it be an abduction or a run-away situation can be crucial.
Kelly, bless you for all you do and for caring so much.
Karen

Please note that I said it makes no difference to ME what the circumstances of her disappearance were, but it does to LE. I work to help regardless of the circumstances.

I have to fight prejudices against runaway cases often, so I prefer not to label the case in any particular manner unless it is an abduction.

Now, if there was a boyfriend involved, and someone does have a photo of him, what would you suggest be done with that photo?

Keep in mind privacy laws and the rights of adults. If you posted my photo on a missing persons website, it would surely give the appearance that you were making a statement that I had something to do with the disappearance whether you said those words or not.

I'm sure that a boyfriend would have been questioned thoroughly at that time. Assuming one was cleared, then nothing more could be done unless contrary evidence is presented. Until an arrest is made, could photos of persons having primary contact in a particular case be posted or diseminated to the public without risk of a lawsuit?

Kelly

I think perhaps it is time for me to share an incredible story that happened this past year.

We'd been networking the case of a repeat runaway, and were hitting a bunch of brick walls. Absolutely nothing was happening. The child had run before, but always came home. This time was different, she was an adult. Even if we found her, we could not make her come home.

If someone else found her, perhaps LE, they would be under no obligation to notify the parents she was ok, because legally, she was now an adult.

Late one night I received a message in my mailbox from someone who thought they'd seen this missing girl. He left a phone number for me to contact him, and said he could provide a photo.

As it turns out this was the father of another missing child who'd run across this photo on the internet. The girl had run away from home years before, and even though she had left of her own volition, she was now being held against her will, and sold on-line from a bordello. Force sexual slavery.

The search angels acted quickly and soon paperwork was signed, the place was raided, and the young girl was recovered alive. This case was truly a miracle. Everything came together in God's perfect time, and the child was saved.

Even though someone leaves on their own, does not mean they won't encounter problems later.

She was listed a runaway, but was later abducted and put into sexual slavery. If you don't believe this happens, I can invite some experts in this field to come here and post. I had no idea until this past year what a huge problem this is. Young girls trying to survive are extremely vulnerable to this type of crime....sadly, so are young boys.

The primary focus has always been to find the missing, no matter what.

If you read this, please stop and say a prayer for Sarah and those who love and miss her. No matter what, we need to find out if she is ok.

With love and HOPE for Sarah, Lanie

Lanie,
Thank you for sharing that story. We do need to focus on the person missing no matter what the circumstances are.

Thank you to you and Kelly for all of the hard work you do! Also a big thank you to Robert Cooke also!

Kelly said:
Please note that I said it makes no difference to ME what the circumstances of her disappearance were, but it does to LE. I work to help regardless of the circumstances.

I have to fight prejudices against runaway cases often, so I prefer not to label the case in any particular manner unless it is an abduction.

Now, if there was a boyfriend involved, and someone does have a photo of him, what would you suggest be done with that photo?

Keep in mind privacy laws and the rights of adults. If you posted my photo on a missing persons website, it would surely give the appearance that you were making a statement that I had something to do with the disappearance whether you said those words or not.

I'm sure that a boyfriend would have been questioned thoroughly at that time. Assuming one was cleared, then nothing more could be done unless contrary evidence is presented. Until an arrest is made, could photos of persons having primary contact in a particular case be posted or diseminated to the public without risk of a lawsuit?

Kelly

Simply a question - don't get your knickers in a knot.

Jeana (DP) said:
Simply a question - don't get your knickers in a knot.
Jenna, I guess I am confused here........

To me, the response "don't get your knickers in a knot" seems derogatory to Kelly.

Again, TO ME, Kelly's response was simply answering a question; her response did not seem to be the slightest inflamatory. I find no evidence in Kelly's post of her being upset.

Hurray for Kelly and and for the assistance to families of missing persons she provides.......cannot imagine with her own son missing how she ever finds the time to help so many.

:clap: Let's give a hand to Kelly for all that she does, not just for Sarah Kinslow.

:clap:

For all you've done for so many.
God bless you, Kelly.

With HOPE for Sarah, Lanie

Whatever the circumstances of how or why this young woman went missing I surely will keep her and her family in my prayers.

This girl reminds me of my nieces oldest daughter. The hair, the face, the the tatoos, the many earring's she wears. My nieces daughter is also an outrageously talented pianist who had recorded an album playing classical piano, albeit a private label and just this last year quit college ...had one year to go.

They are a very tight knit Christian family but this daughter has chosen to work in a big City in the Northwest and works in a coffee house type restaurant and plays the guitar and sings there. She walk's home to her apt. about 8 blocks away by herself every nite she works. All the above worries my sister (her grandmother) very much. She is 21 and she of course is an adult.

I believe that my niece is helping her out with money as yesterday she showed up at my sister's house in a cab which she paid for with a credit card.
She had taken a bus to San Diego and the fare in a cab would have cost at least $25.00. No suitcase, no pajamas, just a purse and the clothes she was wearing. She had come here to see a friend who was leaving for Europe........but she herself had traveled hundred of miles to get here.

It is very difficult to understand why young girls like this get into this type of lifestyle but I know there are many like this. If this were the late fifties we would call them 'hippies'. Today, I believe the term might be something like 'New age' or in the case of females....'Women's
Rights' groups'.
I'm very sure my niece doesn't do any drugs but I too worry about her
nonchalant behavior.

There is a huge possibility that Sarah may have gone away on own, to find herself......or whatever and there is also the possibility that as Lanie mentioned that she possibly could be in forced sex slavery. I am aware by the way that this is happening all over the world and getting worse all the time.
At this point I agree that we must focus on Sarah as simply being missing and pray that she will be found alive.

God bless you little Sarah wherever you are.

xxxxxxooooooo
mama

marylandmissing said:
I read somewhere that Kinslow may have ran off to Maryland.

Kylen, if you'd like to assist in the search, please write me on e-mail at HelpForTheMissing@yahoo.com

Thanks, ahead of time, for any and all help you can offer the Kinslow family.

Prayers of HOPE for Sarah, Lanie

An investigative professional working on Sarah's case has asked me to post the following updates:

Sarah was last seen in the Tualatin, Beaverton, Tigard, Portland, Oregon area in early 2004 and may have been in Surrey BC Canada in late 2004. Also noted is that she may have cut her hair short and dyed it brown.

If you live in this region, please take particular care to look out for Sarah. Place posters or adopt her through the Adopt a Missing Person program on our website to help.

Of course, even if you do not live in this area, it is still possible that Sarah has gone elsewhere.

Thank you.

Kelly
www.projectjason.org

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member