GUILTY IL - Michelle Feliciano for child abuse, Chicago, 2012

Disguiseduser0308

Reaction score
The mother of an 11-month-old boy hospitalized with skull fractures and a broken clavicle last week has been charged with multiple counts of felony child abuse.

Michelle Feliciano, 23, of the 5400 block of North Monitor Avenue, was charged with two counts of aggravated battery to a child causing permanent disability, one count of aggravated battery to a child causing great bodily harm and misdemeanor endangering the life and health of a child, according to police News Affairs.

(snip)

The boy had suffered multiple skull fractures, bleeding on the brain and a broken clavicle, police said. He also had serious puncture wounds on the bottom of his left foot from toothpicks and the burn to his hand.

The mother told police she was frustrated when she pulled the baby out of his crib with such force that it fractured his left clavicle, and police said that in “another bout of frustration” she poked her son’s foot with toothpicks, causing severe wounds.

BBM - More at link:
http://chicago.cbslocal.com/2012/04...PH&utm_source=topvph_news&utm_campaign=288093

Good grief, now that child has permanent brain damage. poor baby.

A 'bout of frustration'?

More like a bout of extended torture.

That poor baby.

Big thanks to the witnesses that noticed there was something wrong with him and did something about it.

Can I just tell you how heartbreaking these shaken babies are two, three, ten years down the road?

I work in the ICU of a children's hospital - I frequently care for the survivors of shaken baby crimes - and it makes me so angry.

Beautiful children - having a bad day maybe - suddenly having a bad (or no) life.

Most of the survivors are blind, para- or quadriplegic, feeding tubes, wheelchairs, diapers into adulthood.

And all it would have taken to prevent it is for mom or dad (or mom's boyfriend :( ) to just put the baby in the crib, close the bedroom door and pick up the phone for some help. Sweet Jesus.........

So devastating. And she pokes his tender little feet with toothpicks creating wounds? I hope she never sees the light of day again. But she will probably get out and have more children someday.

A bout of frustration? Frustration explains things like shaking, or a slap (not that it makes it better, but it does explain it). It does not explain things like poking your child with a toothpick repeatedly. JMO.

How could anyone do this, especially his own mother. That poor baby.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
archangel78100
Back