GUILTY SC - 'Horrific' Child Abuse of 4 yo girl in Kershaw: 2 in Jail

Lovejac

Reaction score
http://www.wltx.com/news/story.aspx?storyid=185208

The Kershaw County Sheriff's Department says 24-year-old Catharine Ammons and 27-year-old James Watson Ammons were arrested after their 4-year-old daughter suffered two broken arms and a broken leg from being severely abused over several months.

"I was informed today that a DSS case worker spent the night in the hospital with the little girl, who needs surgery, but is too malnourished to undergo it at this time. I was also advised that the DSS case workers who handled this were particularly disturbed by what they saw," added Matthews.

The girl is in intensive care with a lacerated liver and was bleeding internally, Matthews said.

“She needs loving adults around her 24 hours a day,” said Matthews, who called it one of the worst cases of child abuse he’s seen. “Two Department of Social Services case workers visited her in the hospital and left in tears. And my child abuse investigators were badly shaken.”

Read more here: http://www.thestate.com/2012/04/22/2245873/four-year-olds-arms-leg-broken.html#storylink=cpy

There are pictures of the little one on the mother's Facebook page. It's heartbreaking to see her with this beautiful smile on her face knowing she's dealing with pain from abuse. Broke my heart to see the one where her mother captions "caught in the act". Oh, really? Which arm did ya break cause of that?

:( I just don't get it. I hope little one is able to heal and overcome all of this trauma in her young life. Please, let her be with a family that will love and cherish her the way every child deserves.

Normally I go through these pictures... and wonder how this could happen. This child looks so happy, the family looks so happy.
Not in this case. In this case... I actually see pictures of this little girl that could be used for the poster child of child abuse awareness.
I mean wow. I know you can't tell by a child's expressions in pictures... but some just say so much.

http://www.facebook.com/Catammons#!...019337782.9233.100003224535058&type=3&theater

Oh and for what it's worth, this is apparently her mother and the mother's boyfriend... NOT her biological father.
Apparently according to the father the little girl is now stable.

There are a lot of pics on her facebook and only one dumb*&$ defending her. It doesn't look like she's got much support back home. The house and yard are a wreck and you can actually see brusies on the little girl in one picture.
It does sound like she's using the excuse that she was abused by the boyfriend therefore too scared to protect her daughter. That might MAYBE get you a pass for one incident and only if you are somehow incapacitated by him, but as soon as he leaves or falls asleep you pick your baby up and get out of dodge. More than once makes you as guilty as him IMO.

Am I allowed to start a "Spay/Neuter all people who abuse kids?" campaign?

What a sweet little girl.

Am I allowed to start a "Spay/Neuter all people who abuse kids?" campaign?

What a sweet little girl.

Isn't that the truth? Some people have absolutely NO business having kids. I'm just sayin' .... :banghead:

Why can't they charge these people with attempted murder? They beat her so severly that her liver was lacerated, she had several broken limbs, and she was malnurished? Are you kidding me? Cases like these should be considered evil and cruel in the eyes of the law and the death penalty should be given..right away! IMO

Urgh. The picture of her in front of the fridge just makes my blood boil. How did that go ignored?! Her eyes are so sad and terrified.

I hope they rot.

Urgh. The picture of her in front of the fridge just makes my blood boil. How did that go ignored?! Her eyes are so sad and terrified.

I hope they rot.

I just went through her FB and read all the comments. The only words that come to mind are WTF? She posted a picture of her bruised and broken child curled up in a chair? A picture of her looking terrified in front of the refrigerator? Pictures of a house that looks like it should be spotlighted on Hoarders?

None of her 210 "friends" noticed anything wrong prior to the arrest? Most of these pictures were taken during the time of the abuse (And to make matters even worse, neither of her caregivers sought medical help for 4-5 months).

I broke my ankle a couple of years ago - I know how painful it is. And I was on meds and had surgery. I can't imagine this little one even moving with 2 broken arms and a leg.

I am so so sorry for what sweet little L went through. I do hope the abusive boyfriend and egg donor spend a long time behind bars and L finds a loving and healthy family. I'm also glad to hear she's in stable condition (as per some FB postings).

Mel

It looks like the original article has his name wrong (James Watson Ammons and Catharine Ammons). It should be:

Offender Name: JAMES EDWARD ANDERS WATSON
Offender ID:1911
Date of Birth:02/25/1985
Race: White
Custody Status: In Custody
Location of Offender:Kershaw County Detention Center

*just in case anyone is looking for more background information.

Normally I go through these pictures... and wonder how this could happen. This child looks so happy, the family looks so happy.
Not in this case. In this case... I actually see pictures of this little girl that could be used for the poster child of child abuse awareness.
I mean wow. I know you can't tell by a child's expressions in pictures... but some just say so much.

http://www.facebook.com/Catammons#!...019337782.9233.100003224535058&type=3&theater

Oh and for what it's worth, this is apparently her mother and the mother's boyfriend... NOT her biological father.
Apparently according to the father the little girl is now stable.

The house is such a mess! :banghead: What is wrong with people? Anyone who would allow a child to live in that filth doesn't care at all about that child. And they beat her so bad that she is in need of surgery?? Where were these "friends and family" seeing this little girl living in such filth? That should have been a sign right there that something was wrong!

Because of the dates, I suspect some of the pics that were posted were actually older pictures.

I think the 'mother' posted old photos that she already had in her camera, as a way of covering for herself and her 'man', after the most severe abuse had already happened.

For as many as we lose, it still surprises me how so many manage to survive horrific abuse. How does a child survive that much abuse? My heart just breaks for what she had to have suffered. These people that hurt her will never regret what they did to her, only that they got caught. At least they finally got caught and her abuse is over. May she be surrounded by the most love possible so her little body and mind can heal.

commentor on mom's FB page claims that Jamie has been guilty of molestation in the past which of course makes me wonder if we even know the extend of this poor child's suffering yet.

Disgusting. I am so sick of the non human humans of this world.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
okaydandy
Back