929 users online (91 members and 838 guests)  


Websleuths News


Page 31 of 31 FirstFirst ... 21 29 30 31
Results 451 to 459 of 459
  1. #451
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    26,958
    Quote Originally Posted by puppyraiser View Post
    With all the women MR was stringing along, what was the draw to TLM? What could he possibly have wanted from her and why did he pursue her? He already had a drug supplier. She is younger than the other women, didn't have an income to help support him and really didn't fit into the same social circles as the other women did (appears most of the others were professionals of some sort or had some type of income). MOO
    He has a deviant personality and it turned out she did too. Perhaps he thought that he could ask her to help him with his deviant fantasies ... perhaps he sensed that he could take things further with her than with any of the other women. I think it was like when Karla met Paul ... they sensed that they could take things too far ... that they had no boundaries in terms of getting what they wanted; pleasing themselves, even if it was criminal.

  2. #452
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Ontario, Canada
    Posts
    833
    Quote Originally Posted by Flowercb View Post
    He slept with all these women under his mother's roof and he hung around undesirables--she had to know her son was up to no good! MOO
    He didn't bring all the women home with him. Many never went to his residence. And the women that did go there probably went when his mother was not home. He may be uneducated, but education isn't everything. I don't think he is stupid enough to give his mother the opportunity to question him.



  3. #453
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Ontario, Canada
    Posts
    833
    Quote Originally Posted by otto View Post
    He has a deviant personality and it turned out she did too. Perhaps he thought that he could ask her to help him with his deviant fantasies ... perhaps he sensed that he could take things further with her than with any of the other women. I think it was like when Karla met Paul ... they sensed that they could take things too far ... that they had no boundaries in terms of getting what they wanted; pleasing themselves, even if it was criminal.
    I agree with this.
    Everything that was wrong with him, he could let it out around her without her judging or questioning it. In fact, she would go along with it. In the name of love. Love she never had her entire, unfortunate life.
    She had violent urges that she knew darn well were not right. How could she judge him? Instead of seeking help, she latched on to a "kindred spirit".
    What she really needed was help... and I am positive she knows it. She allegedly still feels murderous tendencies. She knows she is not well, and I wouldn't be surprised if that is why she has decided to take responsibility for the murder. She doesn't want out. She is safe where she is, and so is everybody else.

    JMO



  4. #454
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    26,958
    Quote Originally Posted by Salem View Post
    Thank you for this information. I would make a list of all the people that have been rightfully convicted by the Court and by the public, but you know..... it would just be way tooooooooooo long. I feel safe though in saying that the Court (and the people) get it right much more often then they get it wrong.

    I think pretty much everyone is waiting for the defense. We shall see what happens. I can't believe how lucky the Defense is in Canada - getting a whole 4-day weekend to prepare before they even have to let the court know if they will present witnesses or not. Wow!

    Also - just a quick reminder that this is not a contest. It is not a contest between TLM and MR to see who is more evil and it is not a contest between posters based on how they see the evidence. Everyone is entitled to their opinion and they are entitled to state it as long as they stay within TOS.

    Salem
    Roman Law influenced Common Law (Britain) and British Law influenced Canadian law ... it's a bit like what we saw in Italy (though not to that extreme) with the trial for the Meredith Kercher murder.

    Because of the length of the trial, there would be delays for procedure, scheduled meetings or hearings related to that and other cases, filing of paperwork and so on that would cause normal delays in trial proceedings. A four day weekend may appear generous for the defence, but there's also no reason to rush things. The two non-court days also give the prosecution time to prepare cross examination material. The prosecutor in the Jason Young trial could have used a couple of days to prepare cross in the first trial.

  5. #455
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    State of Being
    Posts
    15,434
    West Coast signing off for the nite. I sure don't click the "Thank You" button often enough, but want to say thanks a million to all who are re-tweeting to keep us informed ... and thank you to all who are still here posting, watching, waiting, and praying for justice for Tori. Whatever it is, it will never be enough but it's all we've got.

    Rest in peace Victoria.

  6. #456
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    26,958
    Quote Originally Posted by Salem View Post
    Do you reallly think the Defense will be that quick? 3-4 days? Wow. I was thinking it would take them at least a week and a half, maybe two weeks. And then with all the MSM stories that the Defense doesn't have any witnesses, MR will/will not testify, etc. I'm feeling a bit let down or shocked or something.....

    I'm not challenging you, I'm sincerely surprised that the trial could be over by Thurs/Fri next week. Just wasn't expecting that....

    Salem
    The defence may present a forensic expert to say that the DNA evidence does not conclusively prove anything. The prosecution would benefit from a couple of days to prepare for cross. I'll bet that the prosecutor is also sitting up, late into the night, preparing closing arguments.

    What evidence is there that is irrefutable? That is where the defence will respond. The photos cannot be excluded, nor can the clothing, nature of the relationship, location during abduction and murder ... what the defence wants to do is admit all of that, but claim that MR did not harm Victoria. The mixed DNA evidence in the back seat of his vehicle is a problem for him. The defence may call witnesses from the forensic field to refute DNA evidence, or from the detention centre that could testify that MR was standoffish with TLM ... maybe his mom will testify ... maybe he'll have an expert testify that the drug addiction clouded his judgment so he didn't deal with the situation in the correct manner during and after the fact. The defence could top it off with testimony from the undercover officer that shared a jail cell with MR ... where he didn't admit to the murder.

  7. #457
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    26,958
    Quote Originally Posted by antiquegirl View Post
    Everyone keeps saying that TLM isn't on trial here, MTR is. But TLM's credibility is very much on trial here. Her testimony is a crucial piece of evidence against the accused and the basis for almost everything. Without her confession, MTR may never have been caught. If, as the Crown alleges, these two people worked as a team, then you can't try MTR without bringing TLM into it. She is the only witness still alive who can verify or deny what truly happened on April 8, 2009. It is the job of the Crown and the defence to convince the jury whether or not to believe TLM's testimony, which parts of it, and why. And that means that she needs to be discussed here. MTR and TLM are inexorably linked for the duration of this trial and that just can't be avoided or denied.

    JMO
    Without her testimony, there is still the car, clothing, cell phone data, relationship with the confessed murderer before and after the abduction, sexual assault and murder, placing the suspect at the scene at the time of the crime and so much more. It doesn't really matter if TLM is telling the truth about the event ... she confessed and he was with her all the way - from beginning to end and weeks after.

  8. #458
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    26,958
    Quote Originally Posted by BorgQueen View Post
    I agree with this.
    Everything that was wrong with him, he could let it out around her without her judging or questioning it. In fact, she would go along with it. In the name of love. Love she never had her entire, unfortunate life.
    She had violent urges that she knew darn well were not right. How could she judge him? Instead of seeking help, she latched on to a "kindred spirit".
    What she really needed was help... and I am positive she knows it. She allegedly still feels murderous tendencies. She knows she is not well, and I wouldn't be surprised if that is why she has decided to take responsibility for the murder. She doesn't want out. She is safe where she is, and so is everybody else.

    JMO
    We're thinking along the same lines ... including TLM's imagined love for MR and her willingness to do anything to please him ... "kindred spirits" ... I think that maybe she was confronted with the white coat and abduction video, so she had no choice but to admit it was her and take what was coming. Prison might represent a type of safe haven, maybe a meal three times a day ... maybe she gave up on herself a long time ago and, as you say, decided to accept her lot in life.

  9. #459
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    652
    On CTV news this morn there was a fellow giving the low down being interviewed Joel (didn't get the last name) reporter. He stated that amongst the reporters, police and peeps attending there seems to be a 50/50 split as to whether MTR will take the stand.

    Sort of looks like we here are at a similar split.
    ...

Page 31 of 31 FirstFirst ... 21 29 30 31


Similar Threads

  1. trial thread: 5/15/2012
    By nursebeeme in forum Gabriel Johnson
    Replies: 208
    Last Post: 05-16-2012, 01:03 PM
  2. trial thread: 5/7/2012
    By nursebeeme in forum Gabriel Johnson
    Replies: 190
    Last Post: 05-07-2012, 11:19 PM
  3. trial thread: 3/16/2012
    By nursebeeme in forum Victoria Stafford
    Replies: 303
    Last Post: 03-16-2012, 04:15 PM
  4. trial thread: 3/15/2012
    By nursebeeme in forum Victoria Stafford
    Replies: 135
    Last Post: 03-16-2012, 08:24 AM
  5. trial thread: 3/8/2012
    By nursebeeme in forum Victoria Stafford
    Replies: 92
    Last Post: 03-08-2012, 12:44 PM

Tags for this Thread