Page 5 of 19 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415 ... LastLast

Thread: Trial Thread 4/26/2012

Avery Moore ‏ @AveryFreeFMNews
    Court takes morning recess. 20 minutes.

Avery Moore ‏ @AveryFreeFMNews Reply Retweet Favorite Open
    Lanna says there are no features of the car in the videos that could exclude #Rafferty's car as the vehicle travelling by Tori's school.

Steven D'Souza ‏ @cbcsteve
    Lanna concluded he could not find any characteristics that would exclude #Rafferty's car. Translated: It was his car in security video #sl
    Justice for Holly Bobo🎀

2. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to ~n/t~ For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Macright View Post
    just curious about the 3:50 pm...is this the same day April 8th...why would MR's car be still around that area or is this a different video that it was caught on..
    same day
    "The dead cannot cry out for justice; it is a duty of the living to do so for them."
    ★★★★★ ღ♥Lois McMaster Bujold♥ღ ★★★★★

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Sailor Bug For This Useful Post:

just curious about the 3:50 pm...is this the same day April 8th...why would MR's car be still around that area or is this a different video that it was caught on..
    I think 3.50 pm was a typo, supposed to be 3.30pm

6. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Jezbel For This Useful Post:

11:48
    Mike Knoll: @bob - a car that was almost certainly Rafferty's was seen near the school earlier in the day.
    11:48
    Comment From Bob
    Did I read your Tweet correctly that Rafferty's car was filmed near Tori's school the morning of her abduction?
    Justice for Holly Bobo🎀

8. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to ~n/t~ For This Useful Post:

11:50
    Mike Knoll: @noname - yes, from time to time lawyers object.
    Comment From noname
    Mike, is the court case similar to TV where the opposing lawyers can call objection to questions and Judge makes a decision whether it is dismissed or sustained? Or do all objections require the jury to leave for legal arguments?
    Justice for Holly Bobo🎀

10. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to ~n/t~ For This Useful Post:

Mike Knoll: @guest - I assume we'll send our sketch artist the day of the verdict. Also, depends who the defence calls as witnesses.
    Comment From Guest
    Will there be any more court sketches?
    Justice for Holly Bobo🎀

12. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to ~n/t~ For This Useful Post:

What is Mr. Rafferty doing today while this testimony is going on

He has papers in his hands. But paying close attention.
    "The dead cannot cry out for justice; it is a duty of the living to do so for them."

14. The Following 14 Users Say Thank You to Sailor Bug For This Useful Post:

Final crown witness testifies
    UPDATE 11:30
    Lanna analysed three security videos of a car travelling on Fyfe Avenue captured by a security camera at College Avenue Secondary School (CASS) on April 8, 2009. The videos of the car taken at 9:04 a.m., 3:05 p.m. and 3:30 p.m

http://www.lfpress.com/news/london/r.../19681516.html

16. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to Sailor Bug For This Useful Post:

Jury returns.

RaffertyLFP: Court resuming jury entering - more testimony from Lanna

For those asking, CASS is College Avenue Secondary School in Woodstock. It's near Oliver Stephens Public School.

RaffertyLFP: Next video from Esso gas station on Norwich Ave/Parkinson RD

18. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Sailor Bug For This Useful Post:

Now looking at the footage from the Esso on Parkinson Road in Woodstock. Taken April 8th, 2009 at 4:24 pm.

RaffertyLFP: Court is now seeing video from Esso stations - shown as 25 sequential still images

Lanna says he believes the vehicle is Rafferty's, and it is Rafferty driving the car.

RaffertyLFP: Court is seen a car entering and exiting the station around 3:20 pm on April 8 2009

20. The Following 15 Users Say Thank You to Sailor Bug For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by LoyalSleuth View Post
    Could this video expert have an image of sweet little Tori in his car? Maybe he is able to do that... Omg.. poor thing, but what an impact/image that would be to close out the crowns case.
    I have my fingers crossed this will be the last thing the jury see's from the crown...

22. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to LoyalSleuth For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Sailor Bug View Post
    were you guys given the text messages that were shown as evidence? Was the jury able to see the actual messages that went between Rafferty and MC?

Mike Knoll: @guest - no. just the time and date of the messages -- not the content

Can Rafferty be convicted of a lesser charge such as an accessory if the jury finds him not guilty of 1st degree murder?

Mike Knoll: @D - this depends on the judge's instructions to the jury previous to deliberations. It varies from trial to trial.

I take the above tweet to mean that the crown does in fact have copies of the actual text that MR sent..I thought it had been posted on here from someone who worked for a large carrier that the carrier does not have on file the actual text just #'s and time etc. that is interesting to know that nothing is private anymore... JMO

24. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Macright For This Useful Post:

Lanna says he was asked to look at a surveillance video from a Woodstock ESSO and compare a vehicle in it to #Rafferty's and CASS cars.
    Justice for Holly Bobo🎀

26. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to ~n/t~ For This Useful Post:

I take the above tweet to mean that the crown does in fact have copies of the actual text that MR sent..I thought it had been posted on here from someone who worked for a large carrier that the carrier does not have on file the actual text just #'s and time etc. that is interesting to know that nothing is private anymore... JMO
    carriers do have access to content of text / sms messages sent through our network. I work at one of the big canadian 3 providers... However - BBM messages are stored with RIM, and we are not able to access them.
    Last edited by LoyalSleuth; 04-26-2012 at 12:09 PM. Reason: clarification of post.

28. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to LoyalSleuth For This Useful Post:

RaffertyLFP: Lanna did a color analysis of the image of the car and enhanced the blue tint to match it to Rafferty's car

Lanna says the car on the Esso video and Rafferty's are a similar colour.

Lanna comparison goes as far as noting light reflection from the grill on Rafferty's car.

RaffertyLFP: Lanna matched up the features of the car in video and Rafferty's car and matched white dashboard hood scoop, grill lower front spoiler etc

30. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Sailor Bug For This Useful Post:

The car in the ESSO video appears black, Lanna used Photoshop to draw out the blue to compare it to #Rafferty's blue Civic.
    Justice for Holly Bobo🎀

32. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to ~n/t~ For This Useful Post:

RaffertyLFP: Lanna matched up the features of the car in video and Rafferty's car and matched white dashboard hood scoop, grill lower front spoiler etc [via Twitter]

RaffertyLFP: Lanna did a color analysis of the image of the car and enhanced the blue tint to match it to Rafferty's car [via Twitter]
    Justice for Holly Bobo🎀

34. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to ~n/t~ For This Useful Post:

The door handles and mirrors are also similar.

RaffertyLFP: Lanna said some of the feature on the vehicle in Esso video such as the white dashboard indicate a unique identification of Rafferty's car

36. The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to Sailor Bug For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by tygomuk View Post
    Hmm wondering at this point will the defence present or rest? Would it be possible for defence to make an opening statement (outlining their theory) then rest?

Possible. I think he will at least play a Necro song or two.

Oh, and I think Rafferty is just itching to get on the stand and talk.

JMO

RaffertyLFP: Altogether there were 12 areas of the car in the Esso video that matched Rafferty's car.

Multiple images of clothing in the CASS video match up with the clothing of the person driving the car in the Esso video.

The 2003 Honda Civic was not manufactured with a hood scoop/air intake.

It's not a Honda option, or accessory. The trunk spoiler is similar to a product they have, but not as an option.

39. The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to Sailor Bug For This Useful Post:

RaffertyLFP: Lanna checked with Honda The hood scoop not standard or even an option"The hood scoop on vehicle is definitely a unique characteristic"

Lanna says the hood scoop in unique, and the spoiler may be as well.

RaffertyLFP: He said the hood scoop, white dashboard dirt pattern all unique to Rafferty's Civic "To me, I would have to say that that's our vehicle

"I would have to say that that's our vehicle" Lanna says.

41. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to Sailor Bug For This Useful Post:

Lanna says a letter from Honda says the hood piece on #Rafferty's car is not a Honda piece, is a very unique characteristic of his car.
    Justice for Holly Bobo🎀

43. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to ~n/t~ For This Useful Post:

I think for sure the defence will be saying he didnt know the girl was kidnapped he never raped her (I think that this is for sure what they are going to argue so MTR isnt charge and listed as a sexual offender) and that he wasnt there when she was alone with Tori and he came back and she was dead. He just helped out because he was terrified for his life. The videos after the fact he will just say that he was afraid he would be charged if she talked because TLM is vindictive and evil and he was playing nice because he didnt want to be charged for something he had nothing at all to do with.

Necro corrupted TLM mind and she acted out in rage and poor little MTR just sat there crying for his mommy to come save him for this horrific women.

NOT!!!!!!

The jury is not stupid.

The only thing the jury is going to have trouble with is the rape. They will either agree that the pants off means rape as well as the mixed DNA but there is nothing else. So to me that is the only thing I worry about. The rest should be in the bag and there is no way the defence can turn this around in his favour. JMO.

The evidence spoke.
    May you rest in peace.....Tori Stafford

Missing but never forgotten Nicole Louise Morin last seen July 30th 1985

http://websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=32372

45. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to crazyladi For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Wondergirl View Post
    Possible. I think he will at least play a Necro song or two.

Oh, and I think Rafferty is just itching to get on the stand and talk.

JMO
    and don't forget the crying. JMO

47. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to matou For This Useful Post:

RaffertyLFP: Lanna now moves to CASS video of car entering and exiting nursing home parking lot across street

Lanna was asked to review a video of a vehicle pulling into the Caressent Care Retirement Home near Oliver Stephens.

RaffertyLFP: Lanna says the image is a car but it is too small for positive identification

There's not enough information, frames to make an informed judgement though.

49. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Sailor Bug For This Useful Post:

Page 5 of 19 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415 ... LastLast