Page 4 of 30 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: NC - Fort Bragg soldier PFC Kelli Bordeaux, 23, Fayetteville, 14 April 2012 - #5

Quote Originally Posted by Woe.be.gone View Post
    When was Kelli's car first mentioned? Is there a source? Who said what about Kelli's car?
    Someone posted a link to LE's mention of her car...either in this thread or the previous one, IDR. All I recall is that LE said they had searched her car, but did not say where they found it. JMO.

I haven't had any success using the forum search function for 3-character words.

2. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Cazzie For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by WideOpen View Post
    Not much has been said about her car.
    VOH first mentioned reference to her car if I remember correctly and everyone here glossed over it but it stuck with me. It struck my hinky meter at that time. At a later time I went back to try and trace the original convo of the car and coulndt find it. I asked for help here but no one else has brought any factual information to the forefront.
    JMO and the car is something I am questioning. Apparently VOH has said "no comment" on if her car was found at the apartment. If the car was not at the apartment then where was it and does this open up the suspect list?
    JMO

ps. Feel free to correct me if I have quoted you incorrectly VOH
    and Thanks for your local views
    Exactly. If the story is as it's been told, her car should have been in the parking lot of her apartment complex. Go to work, drive home from work, get ready to go out, somebody picks you up near or at your apartment, leave with them and go out. Car sits in parking place where you last left it the whole time. UNLESS it was being worked on somewhere but that would be an easy answer.

4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Woe.be.gone For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by C.Hound View Post
    VOH, do you know if the person holding Froggy's liquor license was at the bar the night Kelli went missing?
    She was not. She is distraught over everything at the moment.

6. The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to VOH910 For This Useful Post:

This must be the first time many have ever followed a missing persons case because what is happening is fairly typical in terms of media and what is known.

Yes, the police always know more than the media and even more than the public and that's how it's always been.

Yes, the investigation is ongoing and no, not every day will bring news or an update. Do any of you remember the Laci Peterson case? Her body wasn't found for 4 months.

The media can only report on what they're told. If they don't have anything new to report on or update, they're not going to run a story every single day.

As for searching, I'm sure investigators don't want to just randomly search in the hopes of maybe getting lucky. They want to do targeted searches that come from info rather than send people out to random areas just because it will look good.

We are not part of the investigation. We may like to believe we are sleuthers or crime solvers, but in reality we're part of the general public following media reports about a case and then talking about it. What we know is only a fraction of what LE and Kelli's family knows and it's this way in almost every case.

8. The Following 14 Users Say Thank You to Madeleine74 For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Tammy N View Post
    This one is highly unlikely and I don't buy it. Not only does it not sound plausible, but VOH has already reported, as a person that was there that night, that KB and NH left together that night.
    Thanks...

*shakes head in shame at Woe* haha

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to VOH910 For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Cazzie View Post
    Someone posted a link to LE's mention of her car...either in this thread or the previous one, IDR. All I recall is that LE said they had searched her car, but did not say where they found it. JMO.

I haven't had any success using the forum search function for 3-character words.
    Here ya go!

The Army official said police searched Bordeaux's apartment and vehicle, but the official did not know where the vehicle was found. Bordeaux was reported missing Monday when she failed to report for duty, the official said

http://www.ktla.com/news/landing/ktl...,7971763.story

12. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Eileen730 For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Cazzie View Post

Yes, I remember reading that her car had been searched but I just assumed it was in the apartment complex lot. They didn't say otherwise. Then , maybe that would mean something to someone who had hurt her, in that, they would know that maybe LE found some evidence in her car.
    But, of course, LE would search her car under these conditions. At least we know that Kelli is not gone along with her car - like a carjacking or abduction that way.

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Woe.be.gone For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by VOH910 View Post
    Well she would be!
    But she also had to know this man that owns the bar!
    Is she a girlfriend?

16. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Eileen730 For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Woe.be.gone View Post
    A few months ago - did VOI say December? Not too long though but longer than Kelli who, apparently, showed up at the bar several weeks ago for the first time (with an unidentified male companion).

Have no clue about the other bar or even if the patrons of one go to the other one too.
    More like in Feb.

18. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to VOH910 For This Useful Post:

Thanks...

*shakes head in shame at Woe* haha
    There should be no shame questioning everything that has been publicly reported.

20. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to mamamia54 For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Eileen730 View Post
    Here ya go!

The Army official said police searched Bordeaux's apartment and vehicle, but the official did not know where the vehicle was found. Bordeaux was reported missing Monday when she failed to report for duty, the official said

wth? Why is this guy speaking out anyway? His remark is suggestive and alludes to the idea that the car was not found in the obvious place but somewhere else. But it may mean nothing - just that he never asked.

22. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Woe.be.gone For This Useful Post:

Thanks VOH. I can't imagine what she must be going through.

24. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to C.Hound For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Eileen730 View Post
    Well she would be!
    But she also had to know this man that owns the bar!
    Is she a girlfriend?
    I am not going to answer any questions about Mandy. She has nothing to do with Kelli's disappearance.

26. The Following 15 Users Say Thank You to VOH910 For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by mamamia54 View Post
    There should be no shame questioning everything that has been publicly reported.
    I was just teasing.

28. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to VOH910 For This Useful Post:

Hmm, phone last ping outside Froggy's. One of Kelli's last two messages "Got home safely."

A witness that she was dropped off at her apt complex.

Hmm, thinking thinking...What's the chances of that cell pinging off the same tower/panel?

30. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Peliman For This Useful Post:

Wait, who is Bergamine? He is the Fayettevillle Police Chief.

Who is the Army Official? Someone who spoke with anonymity.

Who is in charge of this investigation? Fayetteville Police (so far as I know)

We can't go by what anonymous anybodies tell us.

32. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Woe.be.gone For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Madeleine74 View Post
    This must be the first time many have ever followed a missing persons case because what is happening is fairly typical in terms of media and what is known.

Yes, the police always know more than the media and even more than the public and that's how it's always been.

Yes, the investigation is ongoing and no, not every day will bring news or an update. Do any of you remember the Laci Peterson case? Her body wasn't found for 4 months.

The media can only report on what they're told. If they don't have anything new to report on or update, they're not going to run a story every single day.

As for searching, I'm sure investigators don't want to just randomly search in the hopes of maybe getting lucky. They want to do targeted searches that come from info rather than send people out to random areas just because it will look good.

We are not part of the investigation. We may like to believe we are sleuthers or crime solvers, but in reality we're part of the general public following media reports about a case and then talking about it. What we know is only a fraction of what LE and Kelli's family knows and it's this way in almost every case.
    JMO - I agree, and thank you for bringing us back to reality. Often times we are scanning the thread, and read for a brief second a theory of someone's and run with it, without reading the background of the theory or if it has been stated as a fact. I find that I really have to pay attention to details in the thread so I don't ask the same questions, previously asked.

As far as the husband goes, there have been several media reports that have said the PD has confirmed he was away. At this point, I am leaving him off my hinky meter until more information comes out. While we are quick to jump on the spouse for a disappeared subject, in this case, I am not suspcious of him at all. Again, JMO.

34. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to RT51 For This Useful Post:

Can we get confirmation of that last cell ping? Was it really AT the bar?

36. The Following User Says Thank You to mamamia54 For This Useful Post:

Who found out she was missing first her family or her Husband?

HLN right now is talking to Kelli's brother, and he just said that the person that Nick was saying played pool with Kelli and said that they were going to be heading back to Florida was a childhood friend. Did anyone else hear that?

39. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to mamamia54 For This Useful Post:

Can we get confirmation of that last cell ping? Was it really AT the bar?
    http://triad.news14.com/content/loca...-bragg-soldier

Bergamine did say Bordeaux's husband was not at Froggy Bottoms Bar at the time she was there and that he is being cooperative in the search. Officials say the last time Bordeaux's cell phone was pinged was outside the bar.

Best I got so far.

41. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Peliman For This Useful Post:

Watching!!
    "Silence does not always mark wisdom" ~ Samuel Taylor Coleridge.

Did you hear that?? He says no one believes that he dropped her off.

44. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to spoiledmom For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Peliman View Post
    http://triad.news14.com/content/loca...-bragg-soldier

Bergamine did say Bordeaux's husband was not at Froggy Bottoms Bar at the time she was there and that he is being cooperative in the search. Officials say the last time Bordeaux's cell phone was pinged was outside the bar.

Best I got so far.
    Thank you, just wanted to see that linked. Now need to think on it for awhile.

46. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to mamamia54 For This Useful Post:

HLN right now is talking to Kelli's brother, and he just said that the person that Nick was saying played pool with Kelli and said that they were going to be heading back to Florida was a childhood friend. Did anyone else hear that?
    Yes. I heard him say that. VOH doesn't have to be secretive about that anymore.

48. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to spoiledmom For This Useful Post:

Page 4 of 30 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 ... LastLast