Page 13 of 66 FirstFirst ... 3 11 12 13 14 15 23 63 ... LastLast
    BTW, he moved to Camden,NJ to live with relatives shortly after Etan disappeared. Camden is across the river from Philly, and there missing kids from there too. If he is the perp there may be other victims too. I doubt he would stop after one IMO
    Cindi Lou

Some people may consider me crazy, I say I'm just inspired.

2. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to Sleuthster For This Useful Post:

NY1 Live

On Scene Reporter @ 1 Police Plaza: planning on news conference "a little later this evening"

Sources say suspect said he lured Etan into bodega, attacked and killed boy; still being questioned by investigators

4. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to epiphany For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Sleuthster View Post
    I believe him. I tend to believe people when they confess to multiple people over multiple decades that he killed someone. Although, it could be a different child.
    That's a scary thought...he told people he killed a boy in SoHo, but it was a different boy altogether. And who was that child? Was he ever reported missing? Was someone else found responsible for the crime? Yikes...
    Justice is sweet and musical; but injustice is harsh and discordant. - Henry David Thoreau

6. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to osadelnorte For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Sleuthster View Post
    I believe him. I tend to believe people when they confess to multiple people over multiple decades that he killed someone. Although, it could be a different child.
    From the linkbelow:
    False confessions are relatively common in high-profile criminal cases. For example, more than 200 people confessed to the 1932 kidnapping of Charles Lindbergh's son. ...There are several reasons why a person might come forward to falsely confess to a high-profile crime. He may simply be mentally ill or want attention, fame or* notoriety. He might feel guilty for past crimes...
    I am not buying what the DA spin team is selling. This man needed a home because he has cancer. His wife let him move in. He probably has no insurance, no money and would be dying on the street if not for her. A perfect target for the DA to make a deal with for money and a place to stay, which would be a jail cell with three squares and medical attention. What does Pedro have to loose? NOTHING!! There have been false confessions for far less than this.

There is no clarification this man was under the radar of the police before his sister and brother-in-law turned in the tip that got the police to pay him a visit, which was written up as "tracked down". Really! This man was not hiding!

How convienent there is no DNA, no body, no physical evidence of any kind to connect this man to the crime other than possably a possibly orchestrated confessiom to further the political career of a DA who swore to the family and the city of NY HE would solve this case. It is a short run to November elections. Looks like he make it!

Nothing. No efidence. Nothing but words from someone who may benefit from giving a confession and for the one extracting it.

MOO MOO MOO ( but I am not alone in my MOOing!)
    I really feel for the parents. It is a sad day for the, with NO closure, no evidence. This is a very sad day for all the missing children! MOO

http://latino.foxnews.com/latino/new...se-police-say/
    Last edited by BaxterDE42; 05-24-2012 at 06:03 PM. Reason: link

8. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to BaxterDE42 For This Useful Post:

Here's Daily Beast - this info maybe be elsewhere in the links above but I've been busy and may have missed it (even if it occurred in a link I myself posted!):

Etan Patz Case: Cops Dismissed Suspect’s Confession Before
    The man who allegedly confessed this week to killing Etan Patz had confessed to the crime more than 30 years ago, but was dismissed as “a lunatic,” a knowledgeable law enforcement source says.

Relatives of Pedro Hernandez first contacted police not long after Patz vanished from his New York City neighborhood on May 25, 1979, according to the source. The relatives are said to have told police after Patz’s disappearance that Hernandez, who worked in a nearby store, had admitted killing the 6-year-old boy to them.

Detectives interviewed Hernandez at that time, the source says, and he confessed to the crime. But the detectives deemed this first confession to be “the raging of a lunatic,” in part because he told them that he had put the body in a box and stashed it someplace only for it to disappear.

“They didn’t believe him,” the source says. “You can’t just leave a dead kid out in the street and nobody reports it.”
    ---
    more at DB link above

10. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to wfgodot For This Useful Post:

In adding to its existing article, Daily Mail has now posted a picture of a man said to be Pedro Hernandez. And another.

12. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to wfgodot For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by wfgodot View Post
    Here's Daily Beast - this info maybe be elsewhere in the links above but I've been busy and may have missed it (even if it occurred in a link I myself posted!):

Etan Patz Case: Cops Dismissed Suspect’s Confession Before

Quote:
    The man who allegedly confessed this week to killing Etan Patz had confessed to the crime more than 30 years ago, but was dismissed as “a lunatic,” a knowledgeable law enforcement source says.

Relatives of Pedro Hernandez first contacted police not long after Patz vanished from his New York City neighborhood on May 25, 1979, according to the source. The relatives are said to have told police after Patz’s disappearance that Hernandez, who worked in a nearby store, had admitted killing the 6-year-old boy to them.

Detectives interviewed Hernandez at that time, the source says, and he confessed to the crime. But the detectives deemed this first confession to be “the raging of a lunatic,” in part because he told them that he had put the body in a box and stashed it someplace only for it to disappear.

“They didn’t believe him,” the source says. “You can’t just leave a dead kid out in the street and nobody reports it.”
    ---
    You've got to be kidding me.

This adds a whole other layer of compexity. OMG

14. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Wondergirl For This Useful Post:

Just posted at 6:35 pm

Pedro Hernandez Arrest: Police To Announce Arrest Of Etan Patz Case Suspect

Reuters | Posted: 05/24/2012 5:41 pm Updated: 05/24/2012 6:35 pm

Another source said Hernandez came forward at this time because he has been diagnosed with cancer and was facing problems in his marriage. He has confessed to his role in the case to both his current wife and ex-wife, the source said.
    http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/0...n_1544083.html

16. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Wondergirl For This Useful Post:

From article link provided by wfgodot above:

"But the detectives deemed this first confession to be “the raging of a lunatic,”

But now, a few weeks after all the publicity and a few short months until election date, this same "raging lunatic" whose story cannot be verified is all of a sudden credible?

18. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to BaxterDE42 For This Useful Post:

So, if Pedro Hernandez confessed to this crime in 1979, and nobody believed him, and called him a "raging lunatic" because they didn't think he could just leave the dead boy in a box in the street and have nobody find him, and now 33 years later, he is confessing and telling the same story.........I don't know, it sounds like this man has been confessing to this crime all this time and nobody believed him, and now that I know about his previous confession, it sounds pretty convincing to me!

The whole thing is just disturbing, my goodness.

This is quite sad:

Three decades later, an unsuccessful five-day dig in a SoHo basement revived intense interest in the case and prompted Hernandez’s relatives to once again contact the police. The source says the relatives essentially said, “We told you once before and we’re not telling you again

With the absence of a body or other physical evidence, a case against Hernandez would rest upon the confession and any statements he may have made to relatives and acquaintances. The relatives are said to have become impatient with the police and upset that their tip has ceased to be completely anonymous.

http://www.thedailybeast.com/article...on-before.html

20. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Wondergirl For This Useful Post:

Well, apparently Hernandez's name had resurfaced recently during police interviews with sources (whomever that may have been). I have a good (bad) feeling about this guy and his claims. LE may have finally been able to resolve the mystery of where the body was placed after the killing, and what probably happened to it next.

22. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to wfgodot For This Useful Post:

Pedro Hernandez was just 12 years older than his six-year-old victim in 1979 when he allegedly lured him with candy and stabbed him to death, before chopping his body to pieces.

Now aged 51, he has finally only come forward after being diagnosed with cancer which 'made him think about the skeletons in his closet', sources said.

MailOnline can also reveal that Hernandez's wife Rosemary, 51, took out a restraining order against him but recently allowed him to move back in with her and their daughter, who is in her early 20s

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...#ixzz1vpan1RI2
    http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...=feeds-newsxml

24. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Wondergirl For This Useful Post:

Press conference at 7

http://newyork.cbslocal.com/
    My Twitter handle is @Lovemypupper . I had to change it due to rabid Kate Gosselin fans. Seriously. I'm not kidding.

26. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to strawberry For This Useful Post:

My Twitter handle is @Lovemypupper . I had to change it due to rabid Kate Gosselin fans. Seriously. I'm not kidding.

28. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to strawberry For This Useful Post:

Pedro Hernandez arrested for murder of Etan Patz.

30. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to strawberry For This Useful Post:

Page 13 of 66 FirstFirst ... 3 11 12 13 14 15 23 63 ... LastLast