Page 2 of 66 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 52 ... LastLast
    I have mixed emotions about Etan not being found there. While at least the parents would have known what happened, I can't imagine knowing that my child was under a basement in a building that I had probably walked past hundreds of times.
    Evil don't look like anything...

2. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Shelby2 For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Shelby2 View Post
    That may be true for LE. We are not LE. LE has already said the parents are not involved. However there are other suspects who have been named that are worth looking into. Not his parents though.
    Show me a link to information where LE states the parents are not involved and are not considered suspects. I would like to read that. The new investigator has made it clear they are looking outside the previous scope.

Cleary this is a difficult crime to solve. If you keep looking at it the "same way" you will get the same results.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Mrs. Holmes For This Useful Post:

This case is 33 years old, and the parents were cleared decades ago. You're not necessarily going to find an online article saying that after this passage of time. Unless there is some new evidence or knowledge that points to the parents, they are victims and not suspects.

Snipped

The niece of the new suspect in the Etan Patz disappearance has corroborated claims that he raped her when she was a child, law enforcement sources say.

Snipped

The FBI searched in vain for the niece but early this week found her, and she corroborated the ex-wife’s allegation, the sources said.

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/crim...#ixzz1sy8VVysA

7. The Following 15 Users Say Thank You to epiphany For This Useful Post:

SheWho explained it it all last night. WS is taking the stand that we are not going to sleuth the parents as they are victims.

Please don't bring it up again.

ramos is getting out this november. now is a better time than ever for etan to be found!
    Have You Seen Me?
    Deanie Marie Pyle Peters
    Mary Jo Lee Long
    Leanna "Beaner" Warner
    Jodi Huisentruit
    Amy Billig
    Rachael Garden
    Stacie Madison and Susan Smalley
    The Springfield Three
    Fawn & Rozlin Abell
    The Forth Worth Trio
    Rachel Mellon Skemp

https://www.findthemissing.org/en/photos/full/20806
    Where is Sharon Rose Sons?
    Discuss her case here: http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sho...aron+rose+sons

"We lose our keys, we lose our glasses..but how, in America, do we lose our children?!"-Molly Bish's Mother
    **All posts are my opinion.**

10. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to amber1 For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by epiphany View Post
    Snipped

The niece of the new suspect in the Etan Patz disappearance has corroborated claims that he raped her when she was a child, law enforcement sources say.

Snipped

The FBI searched in vain for the niece but early this week found her, and she corroborated the ex-wife’s allegation, the sources said.

Good find. Mr. Othneil Miller's status as a person of interest just solidified if the niece is telling the truth.

12. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to wfgodot For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Mrs. Holmes View Post
    Show me a link to information where LE states the parents are not involved and are not considered suspects. I would like to read that. The new investigator has made it clear they are looking outside the previous scope.

Cleary this is a difficult crime to solve. If you keep looking at it the "same way" you will get the same results.
    http://news.google.com/newspapers?id...suspects&hl=en

14. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to Shelby2 For This Useful Post:

From the link: "[Detective Bill Butler] says the Patzes are not suspects." (AP article, 07 April 1980.)

Ok, that article answers one question... Why his sister didn't notice Etan wasn't at school. They went to different schools.

It also clearly and unambiguously states that the Patz' are NOT suspects. Not that most of us needed to read that.
    Last edited by necco; 04-24-2012 at 11:14 AM. Reason: remove sister's name

17. The Following 16 Users Say Thank You to necco For This Useful Post:

What a sad article about what his little brother went through...''although not quite 3, he toilet trained himself overnight. The toddler began dressing himself in Etan's clothes and would eat only the foods Etan liked to eat. He climbed into the top bunk where Etan had slept.

"on his 7th birthday...he went through an incredible sense of relief that he'd made it through that dangerous year"

"He imagines his brother dead and promises his parents that he will look at every gravestone in the world until he finds Etan's name..."

http://news.google.com/newspapers?id...ed+again&hl=en

Quote Originally Posted by epiphany View Post
    Snipped

Snipped

This does not sit very well with me. I know they stated, (As of where I left off on my own research, nothing was found) but this makes me feel we need to look at this guy deeper..

Goz

20. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to Gozgals For This Useful Post:

An interesting article with recommendations for readers who would like to delve into good books which are fictional treatments of cases like Etan's.:

Etan Patz and the anguish of the missing child: A reading list (New York Post)
    ---
    While the [non-fiction] book on this particular crime remains Lisa Cohen's "After Etan: The Missing Child Case That Held America," all the books [five are suggested] are fiction. Nevertheless, they deal with those who prey upon youth with a pathos that might as well be real.
    ---

22. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to wfgodot For This Useful Post:

Snipped

“I will not comment on what anonymous sources claim without accountability,” Michael Farkas said. “I have no idea if this is accurate or not and it is despicable that information continues to leak in what is supposed to be a professional investigation.”

Snipped

“It’s not over till it’s over,” Patz’s disappointed dad, Stan, said after the search was called off.

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/crim...#ixzz1syejiLCZ

24. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to epiphany For This Useful Post:

Quoting from Another New Yorker's April 22 Post, # 509:

The entrance to the basement is via a set of steep outdoor stairs with a small wrought iron fence around them, which juts out into the sidewalk.
    At the foot of these stairs is a door, which opens into a small vestibule.

Great photo (third photo down) at this blog of the entrance and steep stairs Another New Yorker described:

http://newyorkdailyphoto.com/nydppress/?p=7899

26. The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to epiphany For This Useful Post:

Page 2 of 66 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 52 ... LastLast