748 users online (107 members and 641 guests)  


Websleuths News


Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 46
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Behind the eight ball
    Posts
    2,928

    LI mom fired after donating kidney to her boss: suit

    Now this is SERIOUSLY the epitome of an ungrateful {modsnip}

    I felt I was giving her life back,’’ Stevens told The Post. “My kidney ended up going to St. Louis, Missouri, and hers came from San Francisco.”

    Stevens said she did not realize that she was in for serious pain, discomfort in her legs and digestive problems after the surgery on Aug. 10, 2011. She said she felt pressured to return to work Sept. 6, before she was ready — even while her boss was still recovering at home. When Stevens went home sick three days after her return, she said, Brucia actually called her from home to berate her.

    “She . . . said, ‘What are you doing? Why aren’t you at work?’ I told her I didn’t feel good,’’ Stevens told The Post. “She said, ‘You can’t come and go as you please. People are going to think you’re getting special treatment.’ ”

    Read more: http://www.nypost.com/p/news/local/c...#ixzz1svV03CKd

    So many despicable people in this world...
    It's just MOO. I could be wrong. Wouldn't be the first time and it surely won't be the last!

    Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity. ~ Martin Luther King, Jr.



  2. #2
    Lexiintoronto's Avatar
    Lexiintoronto is offline Behind every successful man is a woman rolling her eyes.
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    2,104
    I'm a kidney donor, so I see this story from a slightly different perspective. Yes, I agree that the boss sounds like a horrible person and an even worse boss. She was given a gift and with that, she should have the common ethics and morals to honour the gift by living each day with the kindness and generosity that she was shown.

    But..

    A kidney donation is just that - a donation, a gift. It should not be given with any expectation of payback in any form. No strings attached.

    I can tell you that living donors go through a rigorous screening process including psychological and social evaluations. Doctors are under oath to do no harm. Taking a healthy person and removing a healthy organ solely for the benefit of the health of another person *is* exposing the donor to harm. The onus is on the *donor* to prove to the transplant team why the transplant team should risk doing harm - possible death - to save the life of a second person.

    You have to prove to the transplant team that you are in the position to take on all of the risks involved in donating the organ. Yes, it's painful. You need time to recover. You need to be financially, emotionally, physically, spiritually in the position to give the gift. And you need to be sound enough if things go wrong. It could be that the transplant fails, it could be that the recipient is an a-hole like this boss.

    She should focus on the good that she did. Nothing should mar that. Then she should find a new job with a better boss and not look back.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    1,955
    I would say that a change of employment would definitly improve her quality of life.
    It is amazing that people like her boss exist but the work place is full of them.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Glasgow,Scotland UK
    Posts
    22,764
    Wow how ungrateful,i can bet it would be a different story if it was the boss who had to go home because she was feeling unwell she would expect everyone's sympathies.

    Sounds like this woman is better off in another job anyway,somewhere that would appreciate her.

    Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2
    All truths are easy to understand once they are discovered; The point is to discover them.



    Jodi Ann Arias - GUILTY 1st Degree Murder

    Sentence - LIFE Without Parole

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    In a place called Vertigo
    Posts
    17,676
    I read this as her boss is an ungrateful pig that needs to be in front of a judge. People need to ban together for this donor. She got the ole' screw job as they say.

    What a raw deal. This breaks my heart. I hate to read stories like this. Her boss needs a lesson in humality. What a bunch of garbage. How very offensive she can get away with this.

    I am overwhelmed with sadness for this woman who donated a part of herself
    to help another just to be stepped on and used.

    I hope she will be compensated.

    Goz

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    In a place called Vertigo
    Posts
    17,676
    Quote Originally Posted by Lexiintoronto View Post
    I'm a kidney donor, so I see this story from a slightly different perspective. Yes, I agree that the boss sounds like a horrible person and an even worse boss. She was given a gift and with that, she should have the common ethics and morals to honour the gift by living each day with the kindness and generosity that she was shown.

    But..

    A kidney donation is just that - a donation, a gift. It should not be given with any expectation of payback in any form. No strings attached.

    I can tell you that living donors go through a rigorous screening process including psychological and social evaluations. Doctors are under oath to do no harm. Taking a healthy person and removing a healthy organ solely for the benefit of the health of another person *is* exposing the donor to harm. The onus is on the *donor* to prove to the transplant team why the transplant team should risk doing harm - possible death - to save the life of a second person.

    You have to prove to the transplant team that you are in the position to take on all of the risks involved in donating the organ. Yes, it's painful. You need time to recover. You need to be financially, emotionally, physically, spiritually in the position to give the gift. And you need to be sound enough if things go wrong. It could be that the transplant fails, it could be that the recipient is an a-hole like this boss.

    She should focus on the good that she did. Nothing should mar that. Then she should find a new job with a better boss and not look back.
    I don't think she expected payback-- just to be treated like a normal person, not to be treated unfairly...

    Goz

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Posts
    23,796
    Quote Originally Posted by Gozgals View Post
    I read this as her boss is an ungrateful pig that needs to be in front of a judge. People need to ban together for this donor. She got the ole' screw job as they say.

    What a raw deal. This breaks my heart. I hate to read stories like this. Her boss needs a lesson in humality. What a bunch of garbage. How very offensive she can get away with this.

    I am overwhelmed with sadness for this woman who donated a part of herself
    to help another just to be stepped on and used.

    I hope she will be compensated.

    Goz
    Yeah and getting her bosses name and business name out there doesn't hurt either
    Just when I think that I have seen the most depraved things a human can do to another human, somebody posts a new story...........

    Why is it that when a custodial parent fails to provide for a child it is called neglect and is a criminal matter. But when a non custodial parent fails to provide it is called failure to support and is a civil matter?


    "Just when the caterpillar thought its world was over, it became a butterfly" ~ Michelle Knight

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    5,939
    This is just cold.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    19,247
    No good deed goes unpunished.

    What a modsnip.

  10. #10
    unbelievable. people like jackie brucia make me sick. i hope she burns in hell. ungrateful b****.


  11. #11
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Posts
    23,796
    We do have to keep in mind at this point that we are only hearing one side. That when the other side begins talking, that maybe a different story will come out. And that probably the truth will be somewhere in the middle.
    Just when I think that I have seen the most depraved things a human can do to another human, somebody posts a new story...........

    Why is it that when a custodial parent fails to provide for a child it is called neglect and is a criminal matter. But when a non custodial parent fails to provide it is called failure to support and is a civil matter?


    "Just when the caterpillar thought its world was over, it became a butterfly" ~ Michelle Knight

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Lewisville. Texas
    Posts
    1,113
    I'd like to be a fly on the wall around the water cooler today.



    One would hope it doesn't affect sales - much....

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    In a place called Vertigo
    Posts
    17,676
    her boss deserves a PHONE Call..

    Thinking....

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    4,278
    Quote Originally Posted by Gozgals View Post
    I read this as her boss is an ungrateful pig that needs to be in front of a judge. People need to ban together for this donor. She got the ole' screw job as they say.

    What a raw deal. This breaks my heart. I hate to read stories like this. Her boss needs a lesson in humality. What a bunch of garbage. How very offensive she can get away with this.

    I am overwhelmed with sadness for this woman who donated a part of herself
    to help another just to be stepped on and used.

    I hope she will be compensated.

    Goz
    I think what was donated was not her own kidney, but a kidney meant for her. What I think was donated was her place in the line of people awaiting transplants.

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    In a place called Vertigo
    Posts
    17,676
    Quote Originally Posted by TrackerSam View Post
    I think what was donated was not her own kidney, but a kidney meant for her. What I think was donated was her place in the line of people awaiting transplants.
    She did donate a her kidney but it did not go to this woman but moved her up.. ( do not understand the system) from what I gather, not very clear.

    Still, this monster deserves some heat, as she is rather ungrateful, no matter how it reads.. She was manipulating her for a kidney and, if the donation of this woman's kidney was to her benefit, she had no right to be rude, to fire her and to abuse her.

    Goz

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast


Similar Threads

  1. Man with ALS wants to die by donating organs
    By angelmom in forum Up to the Minute
    Replies: 35
    Last Post: 08-02-2010, 10:38 PM
  2. Ban kept for gay men donating blood
    By Autumn2004 in forum Up to the Minute
    Replies: 57
    Last Post: 05-27-2007, 06:49 AM