Deceased/Not Found CA - Sierra LaMar, 15, Morgan Hill, 16 March 2012 #13 *A. Garcia-Torres guilty*

Status
Not open for further replies.

bessie

Verified Insider
Reaction score
tdy-120320-sierra-lamar-2p.grid-5x2.jpg

Sierra LaMar, 15, has been missing since Friday, March 16. She left home early that morning to walk to her bus stop for school. Her cell phone was found along a local roadway shortly after, and her purse/bag was also found later.
Facebook page - www.facebook.com/help.find.sierra

DON'T GO ANY FURTHER UNTIL YOU READ THIS POST!

no one has been cleared but the parents and boyfriend of Siera's mother have not been named persons of interest in the case and we will not be sleuthing or speculating about them at this time...

No arguing, and be respectful of other posters. One opinion is no more valuable than another, and we're each entitled to our own.
Posting links to Twitter accounts and FB pages of individuals other than the victim (and suspect if one is eventually named) is against the rules. Keep in mind that many of Sierra's friends are minors.

Quote:
Social Networks
...social networking pages may only be linked if they are directly related to a case, i.e. the victim or suspect. We don't want to post to someone's mother, brother, employer, milkman, or postal carrier just because they know the main player. We also NEVER link to minor's pages (unless they are the victim).

Rules Etiquette & Information - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community

Case Map (Thanks, Wondergirl!)
http://maps.google.com/maps/ms?msa=...934,0.030041&z=14&source=embed&mid=1332261677

PREVIOUS THREADS:
Thread # 1
Thread # 2
Thread # 3
Thread # 4
Thread # 5
Thread # 6
Thread # 7
Thread # 8
Thread # 9
Thread #10
Thread #11
Thread #12

Could you please post the NICS of our verified posters for the Sierra LaMar case. TIA.

AND the one(s) that want to get verified the link to do so. TIA.

Could you please post the NICS of our verified posters for the Sierra LaMar case. TIA.

AND the one(s) that want to get verified the link to do so. TIA.

I'll make this easy.

We have two verified locals and we had others who wrote to be verified. All of them live in the area and aren't necessarily "insiders". I didn't verify all the locals in this case so if they say they live in the area and they can see such and such going on, we can pretty much believe that's what they saw.

If someone is a verified "insider" - that means they know people involved in the case one way or another. Those members have been questioned over the phone and we've had discussions with them so that we feel they are most likely who they say they are. But we can't guarantee it since we aren't there ourselves.

And here's the link to the main thread: Professional Posters & Verified Locals / Insiders *MAIN PAGE* - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community

I'll make this easy.

We have two verified locals and we had others who wrote to be verified. All of them live in the area and aren't necessarily "insiders". I didn't verify all the locals in this case so if they say they live in the area and they can see such and such going on, we can pretty much believe that's what they saw.

If someone is a verified "insider" - that means they know people involved in the case one way or another. Those members have been questioned over the phone and we've had discussions with them so that we feel they are most likely who they say they are. But we can't guarantee it since we aren't there ourselves.

And here's the link to the main thread: Professional Posters & Verified Locals / Insiders *MAIN PAGE* - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community

Thanks. I wasn't talking about "insiders", but so be it. Thanks again. Appresh.

Thank you. I totally respect that. I wasn't hinting at a conspiracy about SL having mulitple phones. I just thought with all the posts she had using an iPhone, that her found phone was an iPhone. To find out it was an Android instead just doesn't make sense to me on some level and feels good to be able to talk it out. I have a teenager and I've never known them to use their friends' phones to post pics, etc., when they have their own phone with them. Of course, teenagers share everything and girls (I have boys) probably do even more and maybe the explanation is that she used other's iPhones to post to Twitter instead of her Android phone. Maybe the iPhone app is better and easier to use, so she borrowed her friends to do her updating.

Hi cotton.. I wasnt meaning my post about conspiracy to be directed at you or anyone specifically.. I was just using it loosely as a conspiracy of there being a missing or hidden iPhone.. Strictly moo.. But I believe that many of the posts that came via iPhone in earlier weeks and months prior to the disappearance came from Sierras iPod touch(as is seen in one of Sierras photos she'd posted where you can see the white cased iPod touch).. This as we know will show up as posted via iPhone rather than iPod.. So IMO many of those earlier tweets or posts that are labeled as via iPhone were sent from Sierra's iPod touch.. At some point(am going to search for date as Id like to verify it for myself) Sierra's iPod touch from which IMO many of her tweets/post came from.. This iPod touch was stolen from Sierra..

In some of the more recent tweets/posts that occur after the date that Sierras iPod touch was stolen IMO those came from her friends iphone(s)(ie. those tweets/posts made 3/9,10,11 that are labeled via iPhone were made when Sierra was staying with her friends in Fremont for the weekend celebrating friends bday).. It is moo that this is very likely the source for which these tweets/posts were made.. I believe the same to be true for tweets/posts such as the one on 3/13 via iPhone that it was sent by Sierra during school hours by using a friends iPhone..

Someone made mention that why would Sierra have been posting or tweeting from friends iPhone when she had a droid smartphone that not only had Internet access but also has the android compatible twitter app available for her to have used on her droid smartphone.. Again moo but as I'd made mention of several threads back that I know for a fact that android phones are known for their battery life to have serious short life to an extreme(and I know many who had experience with some android phones posted their similar issue).. Especially when the Internet is accessed from the android phone you can bet that it's battery will not last a full school day without having to be recharged at some point.. This IMO lending credence toward Sierra having absolute motive and reason for possibly posting/tweeting from friends at school's iPhones..

Moo.. But this for me is the explanation for why some of the posts/tweets were via iPhone..

____________________...
Posting via mobile as well as via tablet so plz forgive all typos.. Btwn the sucky touch keyboard and the obsessive auto-correct it's a big ol' mess :crazy:

Thanks. I wasn't talking about "insiders", but so be it. Thanks again. Appresh.

There were at least two that did write in that I didn't call so I didn't add them to the list. They both said they lived in the area and didn't have inside information.

If there's an issue going on, let me know privately.

Ok so in reviewing quickly @cccairuh's tweets Sierra makes mention on January 11 that she is posting from her sister's i-touch and that it makes her "hella miss" her iPod touch that had been stolen..

____________________...
Posting via mobile as well as via tablet so plz forgive all typos.. Btwn the sucky touch keyboard and the obsessive auto-correct it's a big ol' mess :crazy:

Going through the data for the phone towers must be an exhaustive job. Friends of a friend got a phone call two years later about being in the area where a young boy was abducted here in Australia, took them a long while to get to her. I guess they'd have to try and find one other phone that moved location in unison with Sierra's phone, a needle in a haystack.

I know when they ping to triangulate the data comes back with a distance based on the strength of the signal returning, is all that recorded??

Ok so in reviewing quickly @cccairuh's tweets Sierra makes mention on January 11 that she is posting from her sister's i-touch and that it makes her "hella miss" her iPod touch that had been stolen..

____________________...

So, she borrowed her sister's iTouch and not her iPhone. That makes MUCH more sense.

Just fyi I am not even remotely an "insider"... just sent my info to be verified as local. I hope I didn't say something wrong (?)

Just fyi I am not even remotely an "insider"... just sent my info to be verified as local. I hope I didn't say something wrong (?)

No. IMO your about the best thing since sliced bread to Team Sierra. We all want/need you here. :heartbeat:

Can't speak for the Mods/Admins, but I doubt it. :)

If you have concerns, you can PM Kimster or one of the mods (or even "alert" on your post with the little red/white icon at the upper right of your post, and type in your questions/concerns). Someone will get back to you via PM.

There were at least two that did write in that I didn't call so I didn't add them to the list. They both said they lived in the area and didn't have inside information.

If there's an issue going on, let me know privately.

It's all good.

Do you remember the Lisa? That's what I learned on. Still have my old SE II Mac in the garage packed away! Gotta love Apple.

My kids had a Lisa. lol.

I gave my SE II Mac to a neighbor when she went to Brown University. She still has it and it works just fine. lol. My old Mac "portable" still works too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Semh