Page 19 of 52 FirstFirst ... 9 17 18 19 20 21 29 ... LastLast
Results 271 to 285 of 773
  1. #271
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    111
    Quote Originally Posted by Annie1004 View Post
    The account you cited was from May 2011 to early January 2012. It appears the @cccairuh was a separate, new account that doesn't show the previous history under another name, but don't know. It's suspect that the account did go poof, though, this afternoon.
    But there are still references to her previous twitter name on her new one, almost like it's part of left over "conversations".


  2. #272
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    111
    Quote Originally Posted by Sjsleuth83 View Post
    So in theory, someone saw that "Sierramaeee" was an old account sierra used, and hacked THAT same account?

    OR

    Her account was hacked back in 2011 and that is why she created the new one?
    When I saw it, I was reading a fight or what seemed like a fight with another girl on twitter. It seems after that fight, Sierra changed her name. She referenced, "I changed my name", or something like that. OMO


  3. #273
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    1,121
    I am pretty sure you can just change your name, it keeps your account as is, tweets and followers/following. Not sure what happens with the pictures, her yfrog account is under cccairuh but it was at a time she was using one of the other handles I think http://yfrog.com/user/cccairuh/photos

    Twitter only enacted it's own picture service sometime in the last few months. Had a google, was August 9th last year. So her earlier photos will be on places like yfrog and twitpic but not sure if they'd change as the twitter account does.


  4. #274
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    sipping coffee at the Purple Rose Theatre
    Posts
    53,171
    peeps, in your sleuthing please be very careful that you are not linking to/discussing minors. If you have kindly review your post and self edit. Thanks so much.


  5. #275
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    110
    Quote Originally Posted by Cottontop View Post
    When I saw it, I was reading a fight or what seemed like a fight with another girl on twitter. It seems after that fight, Sierra changed her name. She referenced, "I changed my name", or something like that. OMO
    I dont remember the exact date, but back around last summer something happened in fremont as well.... She basically said "F#$ Fremont, im done with it" or something along those lines. And it seemed like she had broken up with a boy in this case.

    ***On a side note, the last Twitter "hoax" was last thursday, and this one today. Think this is just a coincidence ?


  6. The Following User Says Thank You to Sjsleuth83 For This Useful Post:


  7. #276
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Posts
    2,282
    Boy howdy, do we EVER need some real news in this case.

    :::still hoping:::



  8. #277
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    San Francisco Bay Area
    Posts
    3,304
    [QUOTE=JTribley;7839763]Some very, very strange things are going on....just checked and there is NO such account....[/QUOTE

    Perhaps a family member or close family friend shut it down after seeing your postings here. I would think they are attempting to hold on to any shred of privacy that they can. I think sometimes we can tend to forget that these posts can be read by ANYONE (LE, Perp, Family, Friends, etc.), and are...
    My posts are opinion and speculation only, and may not be used for any purpose outside of this forum.

    Sáncte Míchael Archángele, defénde nos in proélio, cóntra nequítiam et insídias diáboli ésto præsídium. Ímperet ílli Déus, súpplices deprecámur: tuque, prínceps milítiæ cæléstis, Sátanam aliósque spíritus malígnos, qui ad perditiónem animárum pervagántur in múndo, divína virtúte, in inférnum detrúde. Ámen.


  9. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to rosesfromangels For This Useful Post:


  10. #278
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Long Island, New York
    Posts
    141
    Quote Originally Posted by Annie1004 View Post
    Yeah, that is her new/current account. We were talking about the other other one that was her original account under sierramaeee.

    BTW, I couldn't find anything on twitter re websleuths by her friends. There was someone a few days ago, though, who was writing about websleuths and that account is now gone.
    You're probably looking at the wrong accounts. These are people who don't know Sierra but who post daily about her and talk to her friends. Sorry can't post their accounts. These are kids who speculate like we do. They report fake accounts and send in tips they think might be helpful.

    Last night one gave the website address to this thread and asked if the person he talks to all the time has ever been on it. It's not the account that was attacking members here. It's dated April 25 1:17 am. So they are reading here.

    Could be one of them saw the pic posted here and the sites listed and told one of Sierra's friends. Maybe one has her pws and deleted things.


  11. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Dee226 For This Useful Post:


  12. #279
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    1,121
    Just wanted to add, those sites that access old twitter accounts via searches might be subject to the same timeouts etc we experienced when downloading the 3200 tweets. A lot of the downloads failed, my other half said it is very buggy. Could that explain old stuff disappearing? Whatever I clicked on by the way of links here was gone.

    Hopefully sometime this weekend he will be able to help me get the tweets we have into excel.


  13. The Following User Says Thank You to ozazure For This Useful Post:


  14. #280
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    sipping coffee at the Purple Rose Theatre
    Posts
    53,171
    http://www.gilroydispatch.com/news/c...4cfe65b60.html

    very indepth article just posted...also: says there will be another volunteer search this saturday


  15. The Following 18 Users Say Thank You to nursebeeme For This Useful Post:


  16. #281
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    San Francisco Peninsula
    Posts
    1,432
    Quote Originally Posted by Dee226 View Post
    You're probably looking at the wrong accounts. These are people who don't know Sierra but who post daily about her and talk to her friends. Sorry can't post their accounts. These are kids who speculate like we do. They report fake accounts and send in tips they think might be helpful.

    Last night one gave the website address to this thread and asked if the person he talks to all the time has ever been on it. It's not the account that was attacking members here. It's dated April 25 1:17 am. So they are reading here.

    Could be one of them saw the pic posted here and the sites listed and told one of Sierra's friends. Maybe one has her pws and deleted things.
    I did a search using "websleuths" and "web sleuths" but didn't come up with anything to do with the SL story. However, I didn't read her friends' tweets. You made an excellent point about the pw and the account. 'Nuff said. Don't want to give the mini-sleuthers any more ideas!


  17. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Annie1004 For This Useful Post:


  18. #282
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    110
    Quote Originally Posted by Dee226 View Post
    You're probably looking at the wrong accounts. These are people who don't know Sierra but who post daily about her and talk to her friends. Sorry can't post their accounts. These are kids who speculate like we do. They report fake accounts and send in tips they think might be helpful.

    Last night one gave the website address to this thread and asked if the person he talks to all the time has ever been on it. It's not the account that was attacking members here. It's dated April 25 1:17 am. So they are reading here.

    Could be one of them saw the pic posted here and the sites listed and told one of Sierra's friends. Maybe one has her pws and deleted things.
    I dont think normal people can delete these things though. These other sites taht search older twitter postings are searching stuff that is "cached". Its like you always hear, once its been posted its permanent. I think for it to dissapear, LE had to take action.


  19. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Sjsleuth83 For This Useful Post:


  20. #283
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Who Dat Nation
    Posts
    5,135
    Quote Originally Posted by Annie1004 View Post
    I did a search using "websleuths" and "web sleuths" but didn't come up with anything to do with the SL story. However, I didn't read her friends' tweets. You made an excellent point about the pw and the account. 'Nuff said. Don't want to give the mini-sleuthers any more ideas!
    I don't know if this is relevant, but...I have Google Alerts for some of the cases I follow here. They are just set as the persons' names. I frequently get results from WS.
    now an official Penn State alum!

    Kindness is magic. (Derek)

    @JaneDoe25 (Twitter) <~~~ videos & pics of Harry right here


  21. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to PlainJaneDoe For This Useful Post:


  22. #284
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    San Francisco Peninsula
    Posts
    1,432
    Quote Originally Posted by PlainJaneDoe View Post
    I don't know if this is relevant, but...I have Google Alerts for some of the cases I follow here. They are just set as the persons' names. I frequently get results from WS.
    Oh, that is different. Google does a search of the Internet looking for the name you requested in the search and sends you an email containing the links.

    We were referring to people on twitter specifically writing about the SL story on Websleuths.


  23. The Following User Says Thank You to Annie1004 For This Useful Post:


  24. #285
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    San Francisco Peninsula
    Posts
    1,432
    Quote Originally Posted by Sjsleuth83 View Post
    I dont think normal people can delete these things though. These other sites taht search older twitter postings are searching stuff that is "cached". Its like you always hear, once its been posted its permanent. I think for it to dissapear, LE had to take action.
    I'm with you, SJSleuth. It's next to impossible to remove stuff from the Internet on one's own.

    I am guessing the reason her current accounts haven't been taken down is because LE is monitoring them for suspicious activity. Meaning "Returning to the scene of the crime," and other psychological behaviors based on LE profiling cases. Or I have watched too many crime shows and read news articles over the years!


  25. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Annie1004 For This Useful Post:


Page 19 of 52 FirstFirst ... 9 17 18 19 20 21 29 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 1122
    Last Post: 05-12-2012, 01:57 AM
  2. Replies: 671
    Last Post: 04-24-2012, 01:15 AM
  3. Replies: 1022
    Last Post: 04-13-2012, 02:12 PM
  4. Replies: 727
    Last Post: 03-25-2012, 05:42 PM
  5. CA CA - Sierra LaMar, 15, Santa Clara County, 16 March 2012 - # 2
    By SheWhoMustNotBeNamed in forum 2010's Missing
    Replies: 873
    Last Post: 03-24-2012, 01:51 PM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •