Page 23 of 52 FirstFirst ... 13 21 22 23 24 25 33 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by eileenhawkeye View Post
    What was the case?
    yes, Haliegh Cummings.
    Your Dream must be greater than your fear!

Quote Originally Posted by Sjsleuth83 View Post
    Another thing maybe someone can clarify. For a minor in highschool, isn't an inhaler considered a prescription drug? So would it be likely that she would take it with her each day to school? Or would the school nurse's office just keep it for her in case she needed it?

Either way, I think we have a lack of FACT to really determine anything from this (unless someone can supply reliable quotes).

We dont know if her inhaler was missing from home, but NOT in the bag, or whether it was never placed in the bag, and perhaps sitting on her counter at home.

And even still, it is possible she forgot it that day, or doesn't normally bring it and her mom thinks she does.

As for the charger, im not sure. I dont know what the cell phone policies are in schools now, so im not sure if they are aloud to have them out in the open charging. If not, then I see no reason to bring the charger.

I work a full-time job and am away from home for 8-10 hours a day, and my charger sits at home plugged into the wall.
    In thinking back about the parents' statements about the inhaler and phone charger, I wonder if they really meant she would have taken either or both with her every day. Meaning, maybe they were referring to if she had run away she would have taken them.

For the most part a phone would not need to be charged during a typical school day...except some apps use would use up the battery power much faster than when the phone is used just for calls or texts.

3. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to krkrjx For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Astrella613 View Post
    I know that a school in FL did it that way, had to be kept in the nurses office and a second one for home.
    Oh I'm sure some schools do it that way, but an asthma rescue inhaler has no set dosage time. It is used as needed and when it is needed, it is needed ASAP. It can be a life-threatening situation--needing the inhaler and not having it readily available.

5. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to krkrjx For This Useful Post:

You were not allowed cell phones at my high school (and I graduated in 2007). Regardless I still was able to use and charge my phone during class. I would put my phone in my bag, connect the charger and have it come out the zipper, then slump the bag against the socket. Many of mourners were able to charge their cell phones this way throughout the entire school. Hallways, bathrooms,.the library and even the cafeteria.

7. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to AlexLouise44 For This Useful Post:

In the earliest days of the case, Marlene did not know what was in the bag that was found but she had immediately noticed that Sierra didn't have her inhaler. This leads me to believe Marlene saw it at the home on March 16.

I'm one who thinks Sierra was interrupted at or around leaving because there was a response to the text she sent her school mate at 7:11 a.m. and Sierra did not make any reply according to that friend, who seemingly expected one.
    Life takes a toll. Please have exact change ready.

9. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Tuba For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by AlexLouise44 View Post
    You were not allowed cell phones at my high school (and I graduated in 2007). Regardless I still was able to use and charge my phone during class. I would put my phone in my bag, connect the charger and have it come out the zipper, then slump the bag against the socket. Many of mourners were able to charge their cell phones this way throughout the entire school. Hallways, bathrooms,.the library and even the cafeteria.
    OH MY GOSH. The typo's my phone creates. To clarify it is not mourners but peers were able to charge their phones. The amount of texting, myspacing and facebooking we did senior year was insane. Our phones probably hated the amount of times we had to re-charge throughout the day.

11. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to AlexLouise44 For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by krkrjx View Post
    Oh I'm sure some schools do it that way, but an asthma rescue inhaler has no set dosage time. It is used as needed and when it is needed, it is needed ASAP. It can be a life-threatening situation--needing the inhaler and not having it readily available.
    I know but they were not allowed to carry it with them.

I also don't understand a kidnapper tossing things out as they go, but select things, and then LE is searching bodies of water. If you are going to hid the body by putting it in water, don't you want the other things hidden as well? If you are sending a message, yes you will be tossing things out to make sure LE knows you have her, and you are secure in the fact they can't be traced back to you, so you don't care these things are found, yet, you are disposing or hiding the victim. Another case I mentioned was Jennifer Odom. Same thing, missing from the end of her road or driveway but after school. The perp murdered her, but he left her body out to be found 6 days later. 2 yrs later her clarinet case with clarinet inside; along with her book bag and books were found discarded miles away from the body. The perp was not afraid that the body or the items would lead them to him. He was confident there was no ties to him and her. This case the perp leaves her items to be found, but not her body. That is why I think she knew this person well. They wanted LE to jump on the stranger at the bus stop, random kidnapping and left stuff strewn about to lead in that direction, but he hides the body well, because it will lead back to him. So even if they "think" it is him, without a body, they will have a hard time convicting him/her.

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Skully For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Tuba View Post
    In the earliest days of the case, Marlene did not know what was in the bag that was found but she had immediately noticed that Sierra didn't have her inhaler. This leads me to believe Marlene saw it at the home on March 16.

I'm one who thinks Sierra was interrupted at or around leaving because there was a response to the text she sent her school mate at 7:11 a.m. and Sierra did not make any reply according to that friend, who seemingly expected one.
    I am leaning this way also, that she was in the home, someone was there, or she let them in and it went down hill from there. No shoes means something for me. If she was attacked in the home, she may not have had shoes on, as she was getting ready at the time. She was in her room, getting ready, taking a photo and texting her friend, something happened in a very short time frame. I think the scent was from a previous day, not that day. A dog can't tell you how old the scent is, can they? So if she was all over the home, she could have been taken out the front door into a car just outside, or even another door of the home.

16. The Following User Says Thank You to Skully For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Astrella613 View Post
    I know but they were not allowed to carry it with them.
    OK, and maybe Sierra's school has the policy about inhalers having to be left with the nurse's office. But if so, it only means she wouldn't need to pack her "home" inhaler for each school day. The fact that her inhaler was found in the home might mean that Marlene felt that if Sierra were planning an overnight or had run away, she would have taken items that were in fact found left behind in the home. It doesn't necessarily mean she would not leave for school without these items.

It sounded to me like Marlene was trying to say she was sure her daughter had not run away and was not planning an overnight stay away from home given she had not taken her inhaler and phone charger.

18. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to krkrjx For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Bern View Post
    I am leaning this way also, that she was in the home, someone was there, or she let them in and it went down hill from there. No shoes means something for me. If she was attacked in the home, she may not have had shoes on, as she was getting ready at the time. She was in her room, getting ready, taking a photo and texting her friend, something happened in a very short time frame. I think the scent was from a previous day, not that day. A dog can't tell you how old the scent is, can they? So if she was all over the home, she could have been taken out the front door into a car just outside, or even another door of the home.
    My understanding is that scent dogs can discriminate between fresh scent and older scent. IOW, they track the freshest scent only. If that weren't the case, they would have tracked Sierra all the way to her bus stop given she had walked that way many times over several months.

20. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to krkrjx For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by AlexLouise44 View Post
    OH MY GOSH. The typo's my phone creates. To clarify it is not mourners but peers were able to charge their phones. The amount of texting, myspacing and facebooking we did senior year was insane. Our phones probably hated the amount of times we had to re-charge throughout the day.
    LOL. I read it and thought, I know some kids dislike school but...mourners?

22. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to krkrjx For This Useful Post:

The inhaler and phone charger are big mysteries for me.

Leaving these 2 things at home, for me, indicate Sierra may never have left her home that morning. Someone assaulted her in the home and left the bag and phone as a diversion to shift the crime away from the home.
    I believe he needed to make it seem as if Sierra was "kidnapped by someone at random" on her way to school.
    LE may know this.

I am beginning to believe that the perp had to make it seem like she was taken on her way to school, because "he knew" Sierra, was allowed into the home by her, and this was something he did not want known, because it would narrow the suspect pool to include him. I am wondering if the door to the home was locked.
    LE may not want the suspect knowing they believe it is someone she knew,saying her scent was picked up at the driveway.
    He could have been in the house for a long time, knowing when her parents would be home. Let's face it , walking up to the home and spending the time while there to assault Sierra, would be a lot easier than risking being seen taking her from the road.
    Then he packs her bag with clothes and books and takes her cell phone. Leaves the house with Sierra alive or dead at the time, plants the bag and phone to reinforce the "Kidnapping by an unknown" The inhaler and charger left behind was were he screwed up.
    I only hope if this is so LE are playing along with his game, and are waiting until they get the right evidence to bring him in.

24. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to R.U.Kidding! For This Useful Post:

A ah-ha moment - the front door was locked, according to LE. But we don't know if it had a dead bolt. Wouldn't keys have been found - whether Sierra locked the door or the perp did if a deadbolt was involved? Are the grey shoes really missing? She could have left the charger and inhaler because she didn't need them at school, as she was planning on coming home after school. Doubt she used her phone so much that it would need a charge during school hours.

Since LE focused on her home immediately (SOP), there's an excellent chance clues were discovered establishing if someone unknown was in the house. And they are being mum. The throwing of the cell phone and purse are like red herrings after the fact. Unless the perp planned on grabbing her immediately outside the house, she could very well have gotten into a car willingly with someone she knew. That's the million dollar question.

Isn't it interesting that nothing else of substance has been released by LE or the family? Surely, evidence has been collected and analyzed, so they have (hopefully) been moving toward a POI and are putting together the pieces. JMO.
    Last edited by Annie1004; 04-27-2012 at 02:49 PM. Reason: Addition

26. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Annie1004 For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by 90Nine View Post
    Just one more thought...

How do I put this..so, I have been running this over and over in my mind. Maybe I've been exposed to this stuff too much...but this could have easily been an a situation where a kid has gone missing. Take away me seeing it. It could have easily been a situation where a kid goes missing...and nobody notices. And I saw it. Take that aspect out...do you know what I'm mean? Like Sierra - It could have been someone who saw something that day, but as you're saying, it's not normal for someone to ackowledge that type of thing. And seriously, some people just don't retain things..they just don't observe like some people would. Hard to digest. I think it is different, but maybe not so much. I saw something that very clearly could have been/be horrible. The reality of that just, I don't know.

People are interesting...not everyone observes like we're talking about in this case. Could be the same with Sierra. Not saying...not even theorizing..but man...to see something like that that 'could be' was very sobering. It makes me feel like 'okay' this is it...this is what simply happens. And then here we are searching for them and putting all of our hearts into finding them..I saw what possibly could be/have been potentially a tragedy.

I just can't get the visual out of my head. It's very real. I don't think I'm over reacting. It happens that simply.
    BBM

That is a point I've tried to make over and over in the Kyron Horman case and now with Sierra. Aliens did not transporter either of them. They didn't go poof! and disappear. There were undoubtedly people who saw them but did not retain the memory.

The nature of most human beings is not to notice. Most people see but they don't process the vast majority of what they see. It just rolls right out of their brain.

A simple, every day example. If you are on the street and you notice someone look at their watch, ask them what time it is. Nine times out of 10, the person will look at their watch again. It's because when people look at their watches, they aren't really checking the time, they're busily calculating how much time they have left before X happens or how late they are running. They aren't thinking in terms of what time it really is, only about how the time relates to their lives just then.

So when you ask them what time it is, they have to check again because they didn't really notice what time it was. What they saw was more like "it's 10 minutes until I have to meet Judy" or "uh oh, I'm probably going to be 5 minutes late."

Human memory does not work like a video recording. It just doesn't. And predators know this, in a way that I think most people don't really understand it.

28. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to GrainneDhu For This Useful Post:

Page 23 of 52 FirstFirst ... 13 21 22 23 24 25 33 ... LastLast