GUILTY IL - Michael Pulliam, 2, beaten to death, Elkville, 20 April 2012

So it looks like we have another mother who brings a man into her home only to have this <unusual person> abuse and kill her child. My gawd, can't women just tend to their children and keep them safe!

According to the Jackson County Sheriff's Office, the boy's mother, whose name has not been disclosed, was working at the time of the incident and had left the boy in Rudder's care. His relationship to the mother and child remains unclear, but police have confirmed they live together.

This is happening every single day! If this was a bird flu epidemic, something would be done. But what do we do when so many kids are being killed and society is becoming immune to it. That's just my opinion, as I don't see the outrage! It's almost like "oh well...next" :(

RIP little one.

So it looks like we have another mother who brings a man into her home only to have this <unusual person> abuse and kill her child. My gawd, can't women just tend to their children and keep them safe!

According to the Jackson County Sheriff's Office, the boy's mother, whose name has not been disclosed, was working at the time of the incident and had left the boy in Rudder's care. His relationship to the mother and child remains unclear, but police have confirmed they live together.

This is happening every single day! If this was a bird flu epidemic, something would be done. But what do we do when so many kids are being killed and society is becoming immune to it. That's just my opinion, as I don't see the outrage! It's almost like "oh well...next" :(

RIP little one.

BBM.
Well put, Melanie.

Something ought to be done to educate young women about how common crimes like this are.
Maybe a class in high school, to teach them to not date men with bad tempers, or who drink too much, or who sell drugs, or who go out of thier way to be alone with their kids.
Also it seems to me there are a lot of these cases where the mother is working, and the unemployed boyfriend is watching the kid.
JMO.

Totally agree with PHB about education - for both boys and girls! As well, BOTH biological parents should be held responsible for supporting their own children financially before they feed themselves. What I mean is that I see too many custodial parents getting no support and this plays a part in some situations that end up bad for the child(ren) - I mean they will bring someone into the home that "watches" the child(ren) rather than the child(ren) being in a caring environment while the parent works. I have 3 that I've raised alone. NO support but never brought someone in that watched/babysat them. I am fortunate to be able to do it. My ex sits on his hiney (at his mommy's house) with his PAID-for large motorhome, harley, car, etc. sitting outside. He makes bank - under the table gambling. The State will NOT take his property to pay the 10 years back support because.............HE receives public assistance lol. If I were not in a position to support my own children, what would I do? I realize this is not always the case but I believe it is part of the large picture. There are plenty of men bringing in nasty women too. Personally, I couldn't care less if anyone that hurts a child rots in he**. NO excuse for it. I don't know if this precious little guy's mom knew this guy was a creep or not - I think he looks like a tweaker but I could be wrong. So I'm not ready to blame the mom. Some people are Jekyll and Hyde. Breaks my heart every time I see that another child has been harmed or worse. Maybe someone will throw this <really bad word> against a prison wall.

From June:

http://www.kfvs12.com/story/29387989/jury-finds-man-guilty-of-murder-of-2-year-old-boy

Jarrod Rudder, 27, formerly from Michigan, was found guilty of the murder of Michael Pulliam, according to the Jackson County courthouse...

During an autopsy, it was discovered that Pulliam suffered a nerve injury in his brain, which is caused by extreme acceleration and deceleration forces. Pulliam also had eight lateral rib fractures and severe bleeding deep within his abdominal cavity...

On June 22, 2015, the jury returned a guilty verdict for first degree murder, rejecting involuntary manslaughter. Sentencing has been set for Aug. 18 at 1:30 p.m.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AlternativeLuck
Back