1285 users online (296 members and 989 guests)  

The Killing Season - Websleuths

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

NJ - Teacher Bullies Autistic Student

We read about so many children on here who are abused, neglected and definately not protected by their parents. Here is a father who is standing up for his son. Standing up to the bullies who hurt his son. Those bullies were his teachers.

http://youtu.be/tfkscHt96R0

Father, Puts Wire On Son With Autism, Records Verbal Abuse From Teachers

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/0...ef=mostpopular

The move came in reaction to accusations from the school that his son Akian was having "violent outbursts," including hitting his teacher and teacher's aide -- claims that Chaifetz claims are against his son's "sweet and non-violent" nature.
    "Who are you talking to, nobody?" Kelly asked Akian, who sometimes talks to himself. "Knock it off," Jodi chimed in.

According to the video, Akian became upset, and starting crying.

"Go ahead and scream because guess what? You're going to get nothing until your mouth is shut," the classroom official is heard saying. "Shut your mouth."
    "Oh Akian, you are a bastard," Jodi said, according to the audio recording.

Chaifetz said that the classroom aide was fired after the he presented the recording to school district officials, but that the teacher remains employed, though in a different classroom.
    Say what you mean, mean what you say, but don't say it mean.
    We are all just trying to make sense of an unimaginable crime.

I just posted this 5 minutes ago! Maybe someone can combine our threads.

It makes you wonder how much of this goes on. Scary! But I wish I could high-five his dad!

Quote Originally Posted by Flutterby80 View Post
    We read about so many children on here who are abused, neglected and definately not protected by their parents. Here is a father who is standing up for his son. Standing up to the bullies who hurt his son. Those bullies were his teachers.

http://youtu.be/tfkscHt96R0
    whoops! I posted the same horrific story. I'll ask a mod to merge.

Isn't this story awful?!

I just saw your thread. Sorry!

I'll ask a mod to merge.

Can you believe the way they were talking to that poor boy?!

I'm angry that ONLY the teachers aid was fired. The teacher, well they just moved her to another classroom! Not cool!

I think we posted at the same time.

The story is awful. I can't believe those teachers weren't all fired. I don't think this dad is going to let that slide. Good for him!

This is heart wrenching. Knowing many friends who have children in the autism spectrum and friends/teachers who work hard at behavioral modification and have helped so many in some recovery and gaining skills, that it is hard to fathom that anyone would be so cruel. It's pure evil to me.

Mr. Bogey & I are doing a charity bike ride for Autism in May of this year.

Just makes me so upset that this type of abuse can happen to these innocent children

Neither of the monsters deserve to be called teachers. My son has been in school since before he was two years old. We have worked him up from being non-verbal, having no emotional control and being very prone to harming himself, into being a regular kindergardner who is the best reader in his class, and the most helpful (and talkative) child you've ever met. And none of that would have happened without the dedication of a group of wonderful teachers, aides, principals, social workers, and counselors who worked tirelessly to develop individual plans for my son, to try new things and different things, and even accept physical attacks from him to keep him from harming himself.

And then to see this...they don't deserve the title of teacher.
    JMO. Unless there's a link, I can't prove it.

It is deeply disturbing to me to read ANOTHER story about a special needs child who is being abused by their teacher. These children already have so much to deal with and to have them treated so cruelly and with so much disrespect just toasts me. It is completely unacceptable that the teacher involved in this case has not been fired. Good for the dad to keep pursuing this and doing everything he can to protect his son.
    Forum: Jury Room
    Thread: Most interesting classic unsolved murder cases

This thread currently has over 350 cases with a brief synopsis of each and we are still adding additional cases.

You can access a spreadsheet that lists the cases in alphabetical order with the page & post number so that you can locate a particular case you may be interested in. It also contains links to any cases that already have a thread on WS.

Many cases do not have a thread. Please feel free to start one in the appropriate forum if you would like to look into one. Should you start a thread on one of these cases, please let me know so that I can add the link to the spreadsheet.

Here is the link for the spreadsheet in alphabetical order:
    https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/...hl=en_US#gid=0

Here is the link for the spreadsheet in country order:
    https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/...FBBcGVid0lmUHc
    =======================================

Forum: Jury Room
    Thread: Cold But Not Too Old Murder Case List

This is a listing of newer but still cold cases. As with the above thread we will be adding as we go along. Most of these cases will probably have threads. If you do start a new one, please let me know so I can add the link to the spreadsheets. The spreadsheets may be accessed from the links below.

Here is the link for the spreadsheet in alphabetical order:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/...mlNV2lSQ1dDWHc

Here is the link for the spreadsheet in country order:
    https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/...FBIaHRnR1g0SEE

Such abuse, and much worse, is far more common than people think.

Russell
    Even chaos is well patterned.

It is so disheartening that there are people in this world who spend their days tormenting those who are incapable of standing up for themselves. And it's scary that those people regularly, purposely put themselves in situations where they have access to victims. I think about babies in daycare, children like Akian, elderly people in nursing homes, people with mental and physical disabilities....how many of the people who are hired to care for them actually despise them like these teachers obviously despised Akian? The scariest part of all, to me, is that it wasn't just one teacher or one teacher aid. The whole group of them were in on this together. It was just another day at work for them to band together and make this child miserable. Sickening.

These women should not be employed anywhere near children or anyone else who might need their help to get through the day. This teacher should have been fired and I hope Akian's dad does not stop until she is. I hope this video goes viral and every person in a caretaking position sees it and is made aware that they are possibly being watched.

My first caseload as a psychologist included 477 “behavior problems” in the back wards of a large (3000 clients) state operated institution. Conditions were atrocious. In fact, routine conditions were so bad that I would not discuss them in a public forum. All types of abuse and neglect were rampant. It was just like Bedlam, which was just like other large state operated institutions from Willowbrook in NY to Partlow in Alabama. Every state had one; actually they had two because at that time they were segregated facilities. Everyone who visited, worked in one, or was related to the operation or funding knew what was happening in the open, after hours and in the dark was much worse. The more aggressive clients were put in cages at night. Scores, at least 300, of the more aggressive and self-injurious clients were “restrained” ... tied to chairs, beds, doorknobs, in straightjackets, “jumpsuits,” etc. I worked in one for 10 years, first as a psychologist/program director, then as a licensed nursing home administrator and a manager. It initially took about two years to design and implement self-help (dressing, toileting, eating, bathing, etc.) and behavior change programs for my clients. One of the first “behavior programs” was to make sure no client was thirsty; a simple program which significantly reduced self-injury and aggression. Next was to make sure there were no underlying physical sources of pain/discomfort; lots of medical/dental referrals. Staff training was ongoing and hands-on. It was amazing how much could be accomplished with so little. I eventually changed to management so I would have hire-fire authority, supervising up to 750 employees. I made a lot of enemies, and learned a lot about basic human nature. Once in a position to do so, had all of the restraint devices in the institution brought to my office, straightjackets, jumpsuits, etc. They stacked them high. I had them destroyed. Over the years I fired literally hundreds of people for neglect and abuse, including abuse by proxy. Looking back on those years reminds me how cruel and insensitive people can be ... and become. It takes active efforts to prevent any form of abuse or neglect. Human nature is very prone to it.

Russell
    Even chaos is well patterned.

I really think the future of teaching, nursing, and child care holds the reality of live video, accessible at any moment by family members, supervisors, doctor's, etc. And for the safety of all involved, I believe this to be a good thing.

This book is necessary reading, imo - I downloaded it to my ipad, and I believe it is also available for Kindle. The gentleman that wrote it has worked as a para in school systems and witnessed these children being treated like this, then he wrote essays of what these children could say, if they were verbal:
    Amazon.com: Mommy, I Wish I Could Tell You What They Did To Me In School Today (9781770677807): Richard Stripp: Books

Right now I feel my son is in good hands. Post 5th grade, I am not sure at all. We had a teacher resign at the junior high level because it was discovered she was recording her special needs' students having meltdowns, without parents' knowledge or permission. And this was only discovered after one parent contacted the principal about a social story that was sent home to them of their son picking his nose and being made fun of for it! That lead to a search of the teacher's computer where these files were found. Seriously?? This woman may have had a master's degree, but as far as I'm concerned, she meets the category of educated idiot. The school was apparently prepared to take her to court when she resigned. I have no idea whether the state board was made aware of her behavior though. Bullying at the junior high level is unfortunately all too real, but to have it come from supposed educators? Makes. me. sick.
    Last edited by KateB; 06-03-2015 at 07:40 PM. Reason: repair url tag.

OMG this angers me to the point of no return. NO child, esp one with disabilities should ever be talked to like this. I am so proud of dad and I hope he continues to fight this because that "teacher" should have been fired and her license revoked. I have a ZERO tolerance when it comes to abuse, esp verbal.

Kinda OT but I cut my "father" out of my life when he told my toddler she was stupid. No way is that going to cut it in my children's life.
    Where are you Baby Lisa????

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast