AZ - Isabel Mercedes Celis, 6, Tucson, 20 April 2012 - # 4

Status
Not open for further replies.

KaylynnCouture

Reaction score
TUCSON, Ariz. (AP) - Tucson police are searching for a 6-year-old girl who went missing from her home on the city's east side.

Isabel Mercedes Celis was last seen late Friday and discovered to be missing at about 8 a.m. Saturday.

Sgt. Maria Hawke says police are searching the area around East Broadway Boulevard and Craycroft Road using street patrols, canines, detectives and a helicopter.

She's described as just under 4-feet-tall and weighing 44 pounds, with brown hair and hazel eyes.

Snipped: http://www.kswt.com/story/17650000/tucson-police-search-for-missing-6-year-old-girl

scanner thread:Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community
remember: anything posted in the scanner thread stays on the scanner thread.

full news coverage from KVOAhttp://www.kvoa.com/full-coverage/finding-isabel/

Thread #1
Thread #2
Thread #3
Thread #4
Thread #5

Thread #6
Thread #7
Thread #8
Thread #9
Thread #10
Thread #11
Thread #12
Thread #13
Thread #14
Thread #15
Thread #16
Thread #17
Thread #18
Thread #19
Thread #20
Thread #21
Thread #22
Thread #23
Thread #24

Thread #25
Thread #26

facebook: Find Isabel Celis

Last edited by a moderator:
New thread for little Isabel...
:please:please come home safe:please:

parents to give statement at 2pm MT
next update at 4pm MT

reminder: please do not post rumors or link to sites that are unapproved at websleuths.

so discouraging. Maybe some of the longer term members can answer this - have their been more high profile missing children cases in the last few years or does it just seem so because now we get such a steady stream of national news?

Because some days, it feels like an epidemic.

So if everyone involved is a POI, does that mean that we can sleuth the parents? I thought a POI had to be singled out by name for us to sleuth them.

so discouraging. Maybe some of the longer term members can answer this - have their been more high profile missing children cases in the last few years or does it just seem so because now we get such a steady stream of national news?

Because some days, it feels like an epidemic.

I think there are more "high profile" cases because these things have been turned into entertainment news by the media. I don't think there's necessarily more, statistics-wise, simply that the media covers it more and blares it more often on the cases it picks up.

What is here (East Broadway Boulevard and Craycroft Road) where they are still searching? Businesses? Homes? Empty lots? TIA

Thank you to all the locals that are answering questions!

Wonder if they have checked the Mervyns building that has been closed down, or any other businesses in the area that are closed down.

Did they explain in the press conference why they're moving the headquarters? To give the neighborhood privacy? Just seems kind of far.

I think the distinction is NAMED POI. Of course, until anyone can be absolutely ruled out, IMO they are a potential POI. But until named an actual POI by police, we cannot sleuth them outside of what is readily available in Main Stream Media.

That is my understanding of it anyway.

Did they explain in the press conference why they're moving the headquarters? To give the neighborhood privacy? Just seems kind of far.

The LE officer said it was because of the weather/high winds.

KIMSTER Tucson Police have said that every single person involved in the case is a POI so everyone is fair game at this point.

What is here (East Broadway Boulevard and Craycroft Road) where they are still searching? Businesses? Homes? Empty lots? TIA

Thank you to all the locals that are answering questions!
It is mix of business with residential areas. Lots of apartments, at least two empty large store fronts (one was a Mervyn's the other a Circuit City).

IMHO that didn't sound like a statement intended for release to media about what is going on, it sounded like a message to the little league team and how they couldn't be there. JMHO

What did you think of the statement?

Was I watching the correct video? The one I saw was a note that he was sorry he couldn't be at the little league game and that was it..:waitasec:

A man wearing a NY Mets basball hat reads a msg. It stated that Mr. Celis would not be able to attending a meeting/game. I'm too stunned to have goet the two sentences exactly.

Am I on the same page as you guys...if not "beam me up", because what I just listened HAS to be the wrong statement.

I think the distinction is NAMED POI. Of course, until anyone can be absolutely ruled out, IMO they are a potential POI. But until named an actual POI by police, we cannot sleuth them outside of what is readily available in Main Stream Media.

That is my understanding of it anyway.

Everyone including the parents are a person of interest and have not been ruled out.

http://www.kvoa.com/news/police-everyone-is-a-person-of-interest-in-case-of-missing-girl/

after discussing with other mods we will allow sleuthing... with that being said, there is absolutely NO BASHING of the family. And if at any point in time the course of the investigation changes and they are ruled out then this rule will change as well. please post responsibly

eta: we are allowing sleuthing because they have been called persons of interest...not because they haven't been ruled out.

I wouldn't imagine the parents are fully in their 'right' minds and what they say, statements released, should be taken with that in mind.

Everyone including the parents are a person of interest and have not been ruled out.

http://www.kvoa.com/news/police-everyone-is-a-person-of-interest-in-case-of-missing-girl/

after discussing with other mods we will allow sleuthing... with that being said, there is absolutely NO BASHING of the family. And if at any point in time the course of the investigation changes and they are ruled out then this rule will change as well. please post responsibly

Thanks,

When did that rule change, nurse?

We have had countless cases in the past where no one was ruled out before an arrest was made.. sorry.. I am still confused.

tia

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member