Page 12 of 81 FirstFirst ... 2 10 11 12 13 14 22 62 ... LastLast
Results 166 to 180 of 1210
  1. #166
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    South Central Illinois
    Posts
    10,902
    Quote Originally Posted by Kimberlyd125 View Post
    I disagree. I do believe the detective said, on the stand, at the bond hearing, that those injuries could come from his head hitting concrete.
    How many thousands and thousands of pics and xrays do you think the SA has at their finger tips of heads slammed on concrete over and over again?


  2. The Following 15 Users Say Thank You to Dr.Fessel For This Useful Post:


  3. #167
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    2,708
    Quote Originally Posted by Kimberlyd125 View Post
    What evidence do they have that he lied about how he got the injuries?
    IDK, no one ever said as far as I know.

    UNIDENTIFIED MALE: And isn't it true that a lot of statements that he made do not make sense in terms of the injuries that he described. Did he not describe to the police that Mr. Martin had him on the ground and kept bashing his head on the concrete over and over and just physically beating him with his hands?

    GILBREATH: He has said that, yes.

    UNIDENTIFIED MALE: And isn't it true that there is evidence that indicates that's not true?

    GILBREATH: Yes.

    http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIP...20/cnr.02.html


    But there is nothing covered up that will not be revealed, and hidden that will not be known. Accordingly, whatever you have said in the dark will be heard in the light, and what you have whispered in the inner rooms will be proclaimed upon the housetops. Luke 12, 2-3




  4. #168
    Etilema's Avatar
    Etilema is offline Being kind to the cruel results in being cruel to the kind.
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    2,007
    Quote Originally Posted by Etilema View Post
    The document itself said it was not all of the evidence.


    Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
    Here's what I was referring to:

    "The facts mentioned in this affidavit are not a complete recitation of all the pertinent facts and evidence in the case but only are presented for a determination of Probable Cause for Second Degree Murder."

    http://blogs.chicagotribune.com/news...t-version.html


    Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD


  5. The Following 16 Users Say Thank You to Etilema For This Useful Post:


  6. #169
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Atlanta
    Posts
    2,579
    Quote Originally Posted by grandmaj View Post
    I continue to see legal opinion here from non lawyers. I've asked for links to back up what is being said if legal opinion is being stated as fact.
    Florida Rules of Professional Conduct - Rule 4-8.4(d)
    A lawyer shall not:
    [...]
    (d) engage in conduct in connection with the practice of law that is prejudicial to the administration of justice, including to knowingly, or through callous indifference, disparage, humiliate, or discriminate against litigants, jurors, witnesses, court personnel, or other lawyers on any basis, including, but not limited to, on account of race, ethnicity, gender, religion, national origin, disability, marital status, sexual orientation, age, socioeconomic status, employment, or physical characteristic;
    http://www.law.cornell.edu/ethics/fl...M#Rule_4-8.4(d)


  7. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to m00c0w For This Useful Post:


  8. #170
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Posts
    4,058
    Quote Originally Posted by Kimberlyd125 View Post
    Jumping off your post:

    I personally value the opinion of a Harvard law professor.

    He knows law. That's for sure.

    If I had to guess, maybe he's going by the detective who said they have no evidence of certain very relevant issues/claims.
    Maybe that's why he thinks the prosecutor is out of line with the charges.

    JMO
    --he was saying the same thing before he even heard gilbreath speak at the bond hearing.

    Harvard Prof. Alan Dershowitz: Zimmerman Arrest Affidavit ‘Irresponsible And Unethical’

    6:19 pm, April 12th, 2012

    --not sure if the link is approved, so i won't post it.
    my opinion...........and i happen to agree with it.....


  9. The Following 14 Users Say Thank You to lauriej For This Useful Post:


  10. #171
    Etilema's Avatar
    Etilema is offline Being kind to the cruel results in being cruel to the kind.
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    2,007
    Quote Originally Posted by Darkman00 View Post
    George Zimmerman's Black Roots

    http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...-shooting.html


    'Let's talk about the elephant in the room. I'm black, OK?' the woman said, declining to be identified because she anticipated backlash due to her race.

    She leaned in to look a reporter directly in the eyes. 'There were black boys robbing houses in this neighborhood,' she said. 'That's why George was suspicious of Trayvon Martin
    .'


    Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...-shooting.html
    Oh, so THAT's why? Because Trayvon was a black boy? Well, now it all makes sense. Sheesh.

    JMO


    Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD


  11. The Following 18 Users Say Thank You to Etilema For This Useful Post:


  12. #172
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    43,429
    Quote Originally Posted by m00c0w View Post
    Florida Rules of Professional Conduct - Rule 4-8.4(d)

    http://www.law.cornell.edu/ethics/fl...M#Rule_4-8.4(d)
    What is important to this discussion is what an affidavit for arrest must contain.

    But thanks for trying. The rules of conduct would only apply if the affidavit was not proper.



  13. #173
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    3,618
    Quote Originally Posted by Adrienne37 View Post
    Just curious if Angela Corey has any legal recourse regarding the slanderous statements that Dershowitz made against her in his "opinion piece" (and jeez Louise, whatever happened to proofreading articles before posting them)?

    Accusing her of hiding evidence favorable to defendant George Zimmerman and committing perjury.

    “This affidavit submitted by the prosecutor in the Florida case is a crime,” Dershowitz said. “It’s a crime.”

    “If she in fact knew about ABC News’ pictures of the bloody head of Zimmerman and failed to include that in the affidavit, this affidavit is not the truth, the whole truth and nothing but the truth,” Dershowitz said. “It’s a perjurious affidavit.”

    “This prosecutor not only may have suborned perjury, she may be responsible, if there are going to be riots here, for raising expectations to unreasonable levels.”

    But Dershowitz said Cory is the one who should be facing charges, arguing that her prosecution of the case has already taken a political turn


    Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/us/2012/04/25...#ixzz1t70SCPNK
    I guess it's possible. But I highly doubt she'll bother to dignify his comments/opinions in any manner.

    JMO



  14. #174
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    329
    Quote Originally Posted by Etilema View Post
    Is there any evidence anywhere that he was enrolled in any course at the time of the shooting, as indicated in the article??

    Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
    I read that the college withdrew him for "safety reasons" after the shooting but don't think they mentioned class(es) he was enrolled in at the time.


  15. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to francie For This Useful Post:


  16. #175
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Posts
    3,262
    Quote Originally Posted by suzihawk View Post
    I guess it's possible. But I highly doubt she'll bother to dignify his comments/opinions in any manner.

    JMO
    I'm sure she won't, much too professional for that, but it's very inappropriate especially for a Harvard law professor. I would think that Harvard wouldn't even condone this type of nonsense while he was affiliated with them. Unbelievable.


    ~jmo~


  17. The Following 18 Users Say Thank You to Adrienne37 For This Useful Post:


  18. #176
    Kimberlyd125's Avatar
    Kimberlyd125 is offline Softball is for everyone. Fast pitch is for athletes.
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Louisiana
    Posts
    15,894
    Quote Originally Posted by Concerned Papa View Post
    IDK, no one ever said as far as I know.
    The same detective said that his injuries could have come from his head hitting concrete.

    I just checked your link for that info but it must have been during the commercial break.
    Glove Findin'
    Uniform Washin'
    Gatorade Gettin'
    Picture Takin'
    Always Cheerin'

    Softball Mom


  19. The Following User Says Thank You to Kimberlyd125 For This Useful Post:


  20. #177
    Etilema's Avatar
    Etilema is offline Being kind to the cruel results in being cruel to the kind.
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    2,007
    Quote Originally Posted by francie View Post
    I read that the college withdrew him for "safety reasons" after the shooting but don't think they mentioned class(es) he was enrolled in at the time.
    That is interesting info. Do you remember where you read it?


    Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD


  21. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Etilema For This Useful Post:


  22. #178
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    43,429
    UNIDENTIFIED MALE: And he gave -- he the defendant gave numerous interviews to the police did he not.

    GILBREATH: Yes.

    UNIDENTIFIED MALE: And isn't it true that a lot of statements that he made do not make sense in terms of the injuries that he described. Did he not describe to the police that Mr. Martin had him on the ground and kept bashing his head on the concrete over and over and just physically beating him with his hands?

    GILBREATH: He has said that, yes.


    UNIDENTIFIED MALE: And isn't it true that there is evidence that indicates that's not true?

    GILBREATH: Yes.


    UNIDENTIFIED MALE: Did he also not state that at some point, he the defendant -- did he not state or claim that the victim in this case, Mr. Martin, put both hands one over his mouth and one over his nose so that he couldn't breathe?

    GILBREATH: Yes.

    UNIDENTIFIED MALE: And all of sudden that's when he was able to get free and grab the gun. Or I'm sorry, Martin was grabbing for the gun, did he not claim that too at some point. climb that?

    GILBREATH: Yes.

    UNIDENTIFIED MALE: But -- and I'm going to get into every little contradiction but wouldn't you agree that a lot of his statements can be contradicted by the evidence either witnesses or just based on what he says himself?

    GILBREATH: Yes.

    COSTELLO: Back live to the bond hearing in Sanford, Florida. Mark O'Mara, who is George Zimmerman's attorney is doing another redirect of the state's attorney investigator. They're talking about what injuries George Zimmerman had to his head that night. Let's listen.

    GILBREATH: Managed to scoot away from the concrete sidewalk and that is at that point is when the shooting subsequently followed. That is not consistent with the evidence we found.

    O'MARA: The injuries seem to be consistent with his story, though, don't they?

    Dale; The injuries are consistent with a harder object striking the back of his head than his head was.

    O'MARA: Could that be cement?

    GILBREATH: Could be.

    O'MARA: Did you just say it was consistent or did you say it wasn't consistent?

    GILBREATH: I said it was.

    http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIP...20/cnr.02.html

    So to me that says the position of the State is that yes he had injuries however they are not consistent with the statements of how they occurred by GZ. According to the evidence we found.



  23. #179
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    5,749
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr.Fessel View Post
    Just goes to show how even a professor can be really wrong.
    I rarely agree with him, but he is far more than "a professor" and his "really wrong" is better than my "100% right" on my best day. If he's saying it, I'm listening, and so are most of the folks who will be called on to make the really important decisions in this case, imo.

    His CV is attached at this link from pages 20 to 89 and, unfortunately, it doesn't include his criminal trials. I think there was a page limit lol

    www.nysun.com/files/dershowitzmoscow.pdf


  24. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Karmady For This Useful Post:


  25. #180
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    8,215
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr.Fessel View Post
    How in the world do you shoot a dog in a neighborhood and not endanger every neighbor around?

    I have been faced with very similar dog problems and I have thought about shooting the dog but how do you know where that bullet is going to end up? Not like you are out in the woods somewhere. I have thought about using a baseball bat but then it is just blaming the dog for being a dog and not the irresponsible owners.

    I decided just to keep calling the cops till something was done and it was. They told the people they would lose the dog if it happened one more time. That made them keep them tied up.

    Why would you just jump to getting a gun. Makes no sense and I don't believe the story.

    A pit bull named Big Boi began menacing George and Shellie Zimmerman in the fall of 2009.

    The first time the dog ran free and cornered Shellie in their gated community in Sanford, Florida, George called the owner to complain.

    The second time, Big Boi frightened his mother-in-law's dog. Zimmerman called Seminole County Animal Services and bought pepper spray.

    The third time he saw the dog on the loose, he called again. An officer came to the house, county records show.

    'Don't use pepper spray,' he told the Zimmermans, according to a friend. 'It'll take two or three seconds to take effect, but a quarter second for the dog to jump you,' he said.

    'Get a gun.'

    Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...#ixzz1t6k8irMe
    Did the friend tell him to buy a gun to kill the dog? I can't imagine someone from animal control or a policeman telling a civilian to kill a dog with a gun..JMHO
    "It's been clear from day one that the contradicting statements from the family members are not the truth," said Capt. Johnny Greenwood, spokesman for the Putnam County Sheriff's Office.

    JUSTICE HAS BEEN KIDNAPPED AND HIDDEN IN THE LAW


  26. The Following 15 Users Say Thank You to Emeralgem For This Useful Post:


Page 12 of 81 FirstFirst ... 2 10 11 12 13 14 22 62 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. 17 yo Trayvon Martin Shot to Death by Neighborhood Watch Captain #23
    By beach in forum George Zimmerman/Trayvon Martin General Discussion threads
    Replies: 907
    Last Post: 04-13-2012, 11:06 AM
  2. 17 yo Trayvon Martin Shot to Death by Neighborhood Watch Captain #21
    By imamaze in forum George Zimmerman/Trayvon Martin General Discussion threads
    Replies: 1211
    Last Post: 04-11-2012, 04:40 PM
  3. 17 y/o Trayvon Martin Shot to Death by Neighborhood Watch Captain #20
    By ynotdivein in forum George Zimmerman/Trayvon Martin General Discussion threads
    Replies: 946
    Last Post: 04-10-2012, 05:58 PM
  4. FL 17 yo Trayvon Martin Shot to Death by Neighborhood Watch Captain #11
    By beach in forum George Zimmerman/Trayvon Martin General Discussion threads
    Replies: 1090
    Last Post: 03-31-2012, 08:26 AM
  5. 17 yo Trayvon Martin Shot to Death by Neighborhood Watch Captain #9
    By ynotdivein in forum George Zimmerman/Trayvon Martin General Discussion threads
    Replies: 1763
    Last Post: 03-29-2012, 08:17 PM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •