Page 49 of 81 FirstFirst ... 39 47 48 49 50 51 59 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr.Fessel View Post
    Jack Gray ‏ @jackgraycnn

snip

George Zimmerman's atty tells @andersoncooper exclusively that Zimmerman raised $200k+ thru website.
    Full intvu 8pET 10pET

https://twitter.com/?tw_e=screenname...#!/jackgraycnn
    I hope his attorney reminds him he will need to report that on his income taxes.

Jack Gray ‏ @jackgraycnn

Retweet
    Favorite
    Open

George Zimmerman's atty tells @andersoncooper exclusively that Zimmerman raised $200k+ thru website.
    Full intvu 8pET 10pET

https://twitter.com/?tw_e=screenname...#!/jackgraycnn
    LOL, since his website was not set up as a charitable foundation, he is going to have to pay taxes on those donations!

3. The Following 22 Users Say Thank You to mercuriod For This Useful Post:

Looks like George hit the lottery with that website. Hope more people don't see this as a money making adventure and do copycat crimes. IMO

5. The Following 23 Users Say Thank You to Dr.Fessel For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by m00c0w View Post
    Couldn't say at that point? Huh?

He was under oath. If he gave an answer, like "No.", when he knew differently... That's perjury, no question about it.
    I doubt if Mr. Gilbreath would be willing to commit perjury. It would depend on the question he was asked. He has nothing to gain by lying. Was there a question that he was asked that he had prior knowledge to and he answered No?? jmo

7. The Following 18 Users Say Thank You to LambChop For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Elley Mae View Post
    o/t
    Absolutely, daughter is 27, before college in H.S. she was getting almost as many applications for cc as she was invites to colleges.
    Bet no one from the CC company showed up and made your daughter sign up for them. I get more junk mail for this offer and that opportunity but that doesn't mean I fall for the pitch.

Personal responsibility, it's important.
    All my posts are MOO!

Halt, face away from me and put the Occam's Razor on the ground now; put your hands on your head and interlace your fingers behind your head.

"Ethics is knowing the difference between what you have a right to do and what is the right thing to do."-Justice Potter Stewart, US Supreme Court Justice 1915-1985

9. The Following 15 Users Say Thank You to jaded cat For This Useful Post:

Tonight on AC360: Zimmerman raised over $200,000 in website

George Zimmerman's lawyer, Mark O'Mara, tells Anderson Cooper exclusively that his client raised more than $200,000 through his website. Watch a preview and see the full interview at 8 and 10 p.m. ET on AC360.

http://ac360.blogs.cnn.com/2012/04/2...n=1&hpt=ac_mid

11. The Following 19 Users Say Thank You to Dr.Fessel For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by suzihawk View Post
    Me too!!

Ya know... I never saw this type of reaction toward Diena Thomspon (Somer Thompson's mother) when she stood tall and strong and rallied for justice for her daughter.

Or Mark Lunsford - Jessica's father, who is still a tireless advocate for victim's rights.

Or Erin Runnion - Samantha's mother

Or Ed Smart...

I just don't get it. I don't understand how Trayvon and his parents are any different than these other warriors for justice (other than the obvious). It's just automatically assumed by some that he deserved what he got or didn't do enough to prevent his own murder, I guess. It makes me sick. Really sick.

JMO
    Actually Suzi, think back to the early days of Somer's disappearance. There were a lot of people who were blaming Diena for what happened. Same thing with Mark Lunsford. The worst case I've ever witnessed was Steve Groene and the way he was treated. It was absolutely appalling. So I guess there are always going to be people who do things like this and I agree with you very much, it makes me really sick.

~Jmo~

13. The Following 16 Users Say Thank You to Adrienne37 For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Kimberlyd125 View Post
    Only if you believe he was targeted due to his age/race/gender.
    GZ's call is clear evidence that TM was profiled due to his age and gender. I won't address the issue of race, although I think it's quite clear what happened.
    All my posts are MOO!

Halt, face away from me and put the Occam's Razor on the ground now; put your hands on your head and interlace your fingers behind your head.

"Ethics is knowing the difference between what you have a right to do and what is the right thing to do."-Justice Potter Stewart, US Supreme Court Justice 1915-1985

15. The Following 18 Users Say Thank You to jaded cat For This Useful Post:

I would be willing to bet that the NRA gave a sizable chunk of money to George Zimmerman.

17. The Following 19 Users Say Thank You to i.b.nora For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by mercuriod View Post
    LOL, since his website was not set up as a charitable foundation, he is going to have to pay taxes on those donations!
    If O'Mara admits that 200,000 was collected, can GZ still declare indigent ?
    Even though CA got about the same amount from ABC, the state of Fla. still paid

19. The Following 16 Users Say Thank You to uvamerica For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by LambChop View Post
    LE was responsible for securing the scene before the SFD could be cleared to come in. At that point LE would have had to have given SFD an accurate address. Whereas LE was responding to many calls from different residences they would have given SFD an exact location once the area was secured. That is my understanding. jmo
    I'm sure you're right. I don't doubt that SOMEBODY will be able to say for sure where TM's body lay.

I was only questioning whether we could know for sure from dispatchers who weren't at the scene, neighbors who all seem to give their own address to identify the entire building, and Tracy Martin, who only heard about the incident the following day.

21. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Nova For This Useful Post:

Wonder if we will find out who the donors are?

Pretty funny George's wife did not know anything about that 200k. IMO
    JMO/IMO
    I've been married for many years. I think I have a good idea of what a couple might discuss in their situation... Do they really think we buy that they haven't chatted about GZ's personal website and the $$'s that it is raking in???.
    Keep a green tree in your heart and perhaps a singing bird will come.

Quote Originally Posted by uvamerica View Post
    If O'Mara admits that 200,000 was collected, can GZ still declare indigent ?
    Even though CA got about the same amount from ABC, the state of Fla. still paid
    only after Baez and company squandered it all.

~jmo~

24. The Following 17 Users Say Thank You to Adrienne37 For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by annalia View Post
    Thanks, also did some googling and see that there are cases where there are several lesser charges included.

So I suppose that it isn't necessarily all or nothing ( second degree or acquittal ) if this case does go to trial.

JMHO
    I hope I was clear that it isn't automatic and it isn't a simple matter of the jury simply deciding to go for a lessor charge.

AFAIK lesser offenses have to be requested by one or both parties AND the judge has to agree that a reasonable view of the evidence supports each included offense.

26. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Nova For This Useful Post:

Tonight on AC360: Zimmerman raised over $200,000 in website

George Zimmerman's lawyer, Mark O'Mara, tells Anderson Cooper exclusively that his client raised more than $200,000 through his website. Watch a preview and see the full interview at 8 and 10 p.m. ET on AC360.

http://ac360.blogs.cnn.com/2012/04/2...n=1&hpt=ac_mid
    Goody goody, another day and another interview with Mr. O'Mara. What happened to him not trying this case in the media?

~jmo~

28. The Following 17 Users Say Thank You to Adrienne37 For This Useful Post:

Page 49 of 81 FirstFirst ... 39 47 48 49 50 51 59 ... LastLast