AZ - Thomas Kemp executed for '92 murder of Tucson college student

ill bake the cake for the pity party....who's bringing the ice cream?

To the "concerned lawyer" I would say, Well just think how much shaking he would have done if he had been strapped in "old sparky" aka the electric chair.

My contribution to the pity party? I'll bring a jukebox so we can dance to the song "whole lotta shaking going on!"

Sorry if i don't have any pity for rapists and heartless killers, I save it all for the victims. Yeah, I don't have any regrets about that either.

The poor guy was cold. He was given blankets.

I'll bet he warmed up pretty fast when he reached his final destination.

And then, he would want this:
:chillout:

Some people just can't be pleased, can they?

Oh dear, he was shaking. Maybe the lawyer should take a step back and remember the victim who was shot twice in the head.

Does he think anyone is going to sympathize with him or the dead killer? Not me!

Rest in hell dude!

I'm normally a sympathetic person, after reading this all I can think of is "I hope he did suffer pain before his death." There wasn't anyone there to care about the man he kidnapped, robbed and murdered; no one there to care for the couple he kidnapped and raped the man. He didn't even have any remorse before his execution. Good riddance. I hope it hurt like hell (which is where you are now).

I'm with the lawyer on this one. This is a broader concern than this one defendant. It has to do with our constitutional prohibition against cruel and unusual punishment. Whether you believe in the death penalty or not, the legal system generally has worked toward finding methods of execution which do not impart significant and unnecessary pain. Even if you think this particular inmate deserved to die in excruciating pain, our constitution prohibits such a thing.

The article discusses several things which are at issue with our current use of lethal injection. Right now, often lethal injection is administered by non-medical professions because of a doctor's oath to do no harm. This can lead to problems in administering the dosages. Then there is the issue of the drugs used, some of which are better than others - this varies by state. If the method being used is causing extreme pain, then it becomes a constitutional concern.

Sorry, but I really can't muster up any care or sympathy for this cretin. He died a far more humane death than his victim.

The thing is the attorney is kinda interpeting for himself what the dude felt. For all the attorney knew, the guy was asleep or unconcious when he was shaking.

But even if he did feel something, he didn't feel the pain of a bullet or a knife. He wasn't raped and terrorized before his death. He felt much less than either his living or his dead victim. So IMO if he felt some pain or some fear before his death, I can live with it.

I'm with the lawyer on this one. This is a broader concern than this one defendant. It has to do with our constitutional prohibition against cruel and unusual punishment. Whether you believe in the death penalty or not, the legal system generally has worked toward finding methods of execution which do not impart significant and unnecessary pain. Even if you think this particular inmate deserved to die in excruciating pain, our constitution prohibits such a thing.

The article discusses several things which are at issue with our current use of lethal injection. Right now, often lethal injection is administered by non-medical professions because of a doctor's oath to do no harm. This can lead to problems in administering the dosages. Then there is the issue of the drugs used, some of which are better than others - this varies by state. If the method being used is causing extreme pain, then it becomes a constitutional concern.

Yeah well maybe he shoulda thought about all that BEFORE he raped and murdered.

The death penalty is meant to be a deterrant, kind of like an electric fence. If you know it's electric and you still touch it you're gonna get it. Too bad so freakin' sad....... NOT!

Then there is the issue of the drugs used, some of which are better than others - this varies by state. If the method being used is causing extreme pain, then it becomes a constitutional concern.

It varies state by state because it's up to each state whether to use the DP and how it's carried out. As far as it causing pain, we haven't heard any complaints so far.

The death penalty is meant to be a deterrant, kind of like an electric fence. If you know it's electric and you still touch it you're gonna get it. Too bad so freakin' sad....... NOT!

It's clearly not a deterrant but it is a punishment and a guarantee that a murderer doesn't kill again.

Again, the issue is a far greater one than the one specific defendant. It's a constitutional issue whether the drug used may violate the cruel and usual punishment prohibition of the constitution.

And the death penalty - any punishment really - goes far beyond deterrence. The judicial system is constantly trying to balance different theories of retributivism and utilitarianism, balancing the rights of an individual, society, the government, etc. The sociological ideas of punishment are fairly complex and more nuanced than simply eye for an eye.

Again, the issue is a far greater one than the one specific defendant. It's a constitutional issue whether the drug used may violate the cruel and usual punishment prohibition of the constitution.

And the death penalty - any punishment really - goes far beyond deterrence. The judicial system is constantly trying to balance different theories of retributivism and utilitarianism, balancing the rights of an individual, society, the government, etc. The sociological ideas of punishment are fairly complex and more nuanced than simply eye for an eye.

You're so worried about the feelings of the murderer, you forgot to mention the victim. When will the balance tilt toward the victim?
Again, no one's complained about the pain of lethal injection.

Tookie William's execution took 35 minutes. If there are going to be executions, use a firing squad with people who know how to shoot.

When an animal becomes a man killer, it gets put down. If that animal is a man, he/she is quite aware that the possibility exists that they could get the death penalty. If they don't fear it, why should I fear it on their behalf?

I believe in the right to a free choice.

A man makes choices. Those choices lead us down paths in our lives. If someone chooses a path that they very well know can lead them to the death penalty, should I interfere?

If someone chooses to sky dive, to mountain climb or do some other activity that could cause their demise, they have that right. If they choose a path that they know could lead them to the death penalty, should I interfere?

You're so worried about the feelings of the murderer, you forgot to mention the victim. When will the balance tilt toward the victim?
Again, no one's complained about the pain of lethal injection.

Again, I don't know how many times I have to say this but it is not about THIS particular defendant. I'm with the lawyer in being concerned that the method used in executions in that state may be unconstitutional and that further inquiry should be made about the drugs being used and who is administering them. This is a bigger issue than this one man. Far, far bigger.

As usual I can't keep my fingers shut.
I think lethal injection is probably like going under in surgery, you don't feel anything. It's to bad his victims felt everything. IMO he was just a coward.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DazzelleShafer
Back