Thread: Woman starved to death on 'light' diet

Woman starved to death on 'light' diet

A Swiss woman starved to death after believing she could survive on light alone.

The woman embarked on the diet after watching the controversial 2010 documentary film "In the beginning there was light," newspaper Tages Anzeiger reported Wednesday.

The movie centers on Swiss chemistry doctor Michael Werner, 62, and 83-year-old Indian yogi Prahlad Jani, who both claimed to derive sustenance from spiritual means rather than the intake of food -- a concept also known as breatharianism.

Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/health/2012/0...#ixzz1t8mqC2PG

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Donjeta For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Donjeta View Post
    A Swiss woman starved to death after believing she could survive on light alone.

The woman embarked on the diet after watching the controversial 2010 documentary film "In the beginning there was light," newspaper Tages Anzeiger reported Wednesday.

The movie centers on Swiss chemistry doctor Michael Werner, 62, and 83-year-old Indian yogi Prahlad Jani, who both claimed to derive sustenance from spiritual means rather than the intake of food -- a concept also known as breatharianism.

Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/health/2012/0...#ixzz1t8mqC2PG
    You can live on sunlight.......for a little while. Someone should have called for help.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to TrackerSam For This Useful Post:

Hopeful One is offline Blessed are the cracked for they are the ones who let in the light
    Now that's just craziness.

Justice for Travis

Sometimes the first step towards forgiveness is understanding that the other person is a complete idiot.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Hopeful One For This Useful Post:

Will ya all leave me alone. I am gorging myself on air. Going to ingest some sun later for dessert.

Darwinism at it's finest.
    Just when I think that I have seen the most depraved things a human can do to another human, somebody posts a new story...........

Why is it that when a custodial parent fails to provide for a child it is called neglect and is a criminal matter. But when a non custodial parent fails to provide it is called failure to support and is a civil matter?

"Just when the caterpillar thought its world was over, it became a butterfly" ~ Michelle Knight

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to mysteriew For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by mysteriew View Post
    Will ya all leave me alone. I am gorging myself on air. Going to ingest some sun later for dessert.

Darwinism at it's finest.
    Then may I suggest L.A. or Tokyo. Now there's some meaty air you can chomp on.

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to TrackerSam For This Useful Post:

Oh good grief.

Best-
    Herding Cats
    Counting the days...counting the days. Still silent, still neither assenting nor agreeing...action has been initiated. Everything in it's time. First volley SERVED...

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Herding Cats For This Useful Post: