Page 1 of 49 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

AZ - Isabel Mercedes Celis, 6, Tucson, 20 April 2012 - # 5

TUCSON, Ariz. (AP) - Tucson police are searching for a 6-year-old girl who went missing from her home on the city's east side.

Isabel Mercedes Celis was last seen late Friday and discovered to be missing at about 8 a.m. Saturday.

Sgt. Maria Hawke says police are searching the area around East Broadway Boulevard and Craycroft Road using street patrols, canines, detectives and a helicopter.

She's described as just under 4-feet-tall and weighing 44 pounds, with brown hair and hazel eyes.

Snipped: http://www.kswt.com/story/17650000/t...-year-old-girl

scanner thread:Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community
    remember: anything posted in the scanner thread stays on the scanner thread.

full news coverage from KVOAhttp://www.kvoa.com/full-coverage/finding-isabel/

Thread 1
    Thread 2
    Thread 3
    Thread 4

facebook: http://www.facebook.com/FindIsabelCelis
    Last edited by KateB; 04-03-2015 at 09:03 PM.

2. The Following 14 Users Say Thank You to KaylynnCouture For This Useful Post:

sipping coffee at the Purple Rose Theatre

Exclamation Isabel Mercedes Celis, 6, Tucson, 20 April 2012 - #5

New thread for Isabel
    please come home safe to all who love you

next briefing will be at 8am MST

4. The Following 17 Users Say Thank You to nursebeeme For This Useful Post:

Adding interview with the Celis' Neighbor About Hearing Noises And Dogs Barking

Celis neighbor reports suspicious noises
    http://www.kvoa.com/videos/celis-nei...icious-noises/

Day 5 ends with shocking account from next door neighbor
    http://www.kgun9.com/news/local/149009015.html
    :Banane59: Pekingese "Best Of Show" 2012

6. The Following 18 Users Say Thank You to Patty G For This Useful Post:

Hoping today leads to something. I hope the police have SOMETHING to go on, right now it just seems like she disappeared into thin air

8. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Lava For This Useful Post:

I am so proud of the mother and father, I know it was hard to stand in front of the media but they did a great job, and I feel they took all suspension off of them and where it belongs!
    War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. The decayed and degraded state of moral and patriotic feeling which thinks that nothing is worth war is much worse. The person who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing which is more important than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature and has no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself.
    John Stuart Mill
    English economist & philosopher (1806 - 1873)

10. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to alwayslooking For This Useful Post:

Keeping Isabel and her family in my prayers today.

12. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to KaylynnCouture For This Useful Post:

About the video tape from the security company: do we know when LE obtained it?

14. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Isabelle For This Useful Post:

I couldn't get on the last thread before it closed, but I am shocked that anyone would be posting in favor of Mark Lunsford. I am guessing none of those posters live in the Tampa Bay area.
    http://www.tampabay.com/news/humanin...nances/1050071

Was it true that the police took items from the car?

16. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to lillygator For This Useful Post:

****O/T******

An arrest has been made in Phyllicia Barnes' murder. Finally.
    It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it. ~ Aristotle

The difference between fiction and reality? Fiction has to make sense.

630 am.....male voices and dogs barking....

Sent from my SGH-T989 using Tapatalk 2
    Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts.---Patrick Moynihan
    Living in the

19. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to thefragile7393 For This Useful Post:

This may have been covered already but I have a few questions.
    1. Was this mom's normal routine on weekends when she had to go into work early? Such as did she always leave without checking in on kids.

2. What about the 10 and 14 yo? Have they been questioned? I have a 14yo ds who is a nightowl on a friday night. He plays video games and creeps around in the kitchen for snacks really late at night.

3. Did we ever find out when trash pick up was? I think Saturday morning would be an odd pickup day, but maybe that was the voices the neighbor heard?

4. Did Isa ever sleep in her parents rooms or get up in the middle of the night to sleep in their room? Both my kids would do this up until about 10. Heck my 10yo dd still sleeps with me if dad is out of town.

21. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to txanmom For This Useful Post:

BetteDavisEyes is offline "Fasten your seatbelts. It's going to be a bumpy night."
    When DH's alarm went off at 6:00 this morning, I was pleased to hear the Isabel disappearance among the headlines on the CBS morning news. While our local CBS radio station (WWJ, Detroit) has covered the case, it has never been among the national headlines at the top of the hour. That said, the story wasn't featured until after the first commercial - almost as an afterthought. The brief report included audio clips of the parents' statements yesterday and just the basics of the disappearance last Saturday morning.

I couldn't help being reminded of the mysterious disappearance (abduction?) of baby Lisa Irwin in MO last fall. Jeremy Irwin, Lisa's father, reportedly went to work in the evening for the first time so that mother, Deborah was left at home with the three children (one son of each parent and baby Lisa). Similarly, depending on the reliability of NG's sources, Isabel usually slept with her siblings (brothers) but slept in her own room on Friday night, and Becky Celis, Isa's mom who is a nurse reportedly went to work early on Saturday morning. I don't know - it just seems odd to me that both children "disappeared" when something was different from the usual activities in the homes.
    Last edited by BetteDavisEyes; 04-26-2012 at 10:13 AM. Reason: typo

23. The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to BetteDavisEyes For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by lillygator View Post
    I couldn't get on the last thread before it closed, but I am shocked that anyone would be posting in favor of Mark Lunsford. I am guessing none of those posters live in the Tampa Bay area.
    http://www.tampabay.com/news/humanin...nances/1050071

Was it true that the police took items from the car?
    Even after the case is solved, parents are damned if they do and damned if they don't.
    “Justice cannot be for one side alone, but must be for both.” - Eleanor Roosevelt

In no way should any of my statements be construed as legal opinion or advice. I am a newly practicing lawyer (yay!) but not a verified poster here at WS. The above statement(s) are an expression of my personal opinion, for entertainment purposes only, and copyright.

Quote Originally Posted by BetteDavisEyes View Post
    When DH's alarm went off at 6:00 this morning, I was pleased to hear the Isabel disappearance among the headlines on the CBS morning news. While our local CBS radio station (WWJ, Detroit) has covered the case, it has never been among the national headlines at the top of the hour. That said, the story wasn't featured until after the first commercial - almost as an afterthought. The brief report included audio clips of the parents' statements yesterday and just the basics of the disappearance last Saturday morning.

I couldn't help being reminded of the mysterious disappearance (abduction?) of baby Lisa Irwin in MO last fall. Jeremy Irwin, Lisa's father, reportedly went to work in the evening for the first time so that mother, Deborah was left at home with the three children (one son of each parent and baby Lisa. Similarly, depending on the reliability of NG's sources, Isabel usually slept with her siblings (brothers) but slept in her own room on Friday night, and Becky Celis, Isa's mom who is a nurse reportedly went to work early on Saturday morning. I don't know - it just seems odd to me that both children "disappeared" when something was different - a "first" - from the usual activities in the homes.
    I really don't think we can take NG's info exactly as she reported it. While Isa may have sometimes slept in her brother's room, I'm really doubtful that she did so every single night.
    “Justice cannot be for one side alone, but must be for both.” - Eleanor Roosevelt

In no way should any of my statements be construed as legal opinion or advice. I am a newly practicing lawyer (yay!) but not a verified poster here at WS. The above statement(s) are an expression of my personal opinion, for entertainment purposes only, and copyright.

26. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to AnaTeresa For This Useful Post:

sipping coffee at the Purple Rose Theatre
    Quote Originally Posted by Isabelle View Post
    About the video tape from the security company: do we know when LE obtained it?
    very early on (same days she was noticed to be missing): saturday (and was re-reviewed on Monday)

Moore said on Saturday, his general manager spent about five hours with police, showing them surveillance video of the area, and on Monday, they were back again to review video and get a copy of activity from 10 p.m. Friday night to 9 a.m. Saturday morning.
    oh and this too:

"There was activity going on," he said. "There were vehicles...there were people wandering around. There were things that we saw and we did get recorded so that information we did release to the police."
    http://www.kvoa.com/full-coverage/fi...abel/#fcanchor

Page 1 of 49 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast