AZ - Isabel Mercedes Celis, 6, Tucson, 20 April 2012 - # 5

Status
Not open for further replies.

KaylynnCouture

Reaction score
TUCSON, Ariz. (AP) - Tucson police are searching for a 6-year-old girl who went missing from her home on the city's east side.

Isabel Mercedes Celis was last seen late Friday and discovered to be missing at about 8 a.m. Saturday.

Sgt. Maria Hawke says police are searching the area around East Broadway Boulevard and Craycroft Road using street patrols, canines, detectives and a helicopter.

She's described as just under 4-feet-tall and weighing 44 pounds, with brown hair and hazel eyes.

Snipped: http://www.kswt.com/story/17650000/tucson-police-search-for-missing-6-year-old-girl

scanner thread:Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community
remember: anything posted in the scanner thread stays on the scanner thread.

full news coverage from KVOAhttp://www.kvoa.com/full-coverage/finding-isabel/

Thread #1
Thread #2
Thread #3
Thread #4
Thread #5

Thread #6
Thread #7
Thread #8
Thread #9
Thread #10
Thread #11
Thread #12
Thread #13
Thread #14
Thread #15
Thread #16
Thread #17
Thread #18
Thread #19
Thread #20
Thread #21
Thread #22
Thread #23
Thread #24

Thread #25
Thread #26
facebook: Find Isabel Celis

Last edited by a moderator:
New thread for Isabel
:please:please come home safe to all who love you:please:

next briefing will be at 8am MST

Hoping today leads to something. I hope the police have SOMETHING to go on, right now it just seems like she disappeared into thin air :(

:please:

I am so proud of the mother and father, I know it was hard to stand in front of the media but they did a great job, and I feel they took all suspension off of them and where it belongs!

About the video tape from the security company: do we know when LE obtained it?

****O/T******

An arrest has been made in Phyllicia Barnes' murder. Finally.

630 am.....male voices and dogs barking....

Sent from my SGH-T989 using Tapatalk 2

This may have been covered already but I have a few questions.
1. Was this mom's normal routine on weekends when she had to go into work early? Such as did she always leave without checking in on kids.

2. What about the 10 and 14 yo? Have they been questioned? I have a 14yo ds who is a nightowl on a friday night. He plays video games and creeps around in the kitchen for snacks really late at night.

3. Did we ever find out when trash pick up was? I think Saturday morning would be an odd pickup day, but maybe that was the voices the neighbor heard?

4. Did Isa ever sleep in her parents rooms or get up in the middle of the night to sleep in their room? Both my kids would do this up until about 10. Heck my 10yo dd still sleeps with me if dad is out of town.

When DH's alarm went off at 6:00 this morning, I was pleased to hear the Isabel disappearance among the headlines on the CBS morning news. While our local CBS radio station (WWJ, Detroit) has covered the case, it has never been among the national headlines at the top of the hour. That said, the story wasn't featured until after the first commercial - almost as an afterthought. The brief report included audio clips of the parents' statements yesterday and just the basics of the disappearance last Saturday morning.

I couldn't help being reminded of the mysterious disappearance (abduction?) of baby Lisa Irwin in MO last fall. Jeremy Irwin, Lisa's father, reportedly went to work in the evening for the first time so that mother, Deborah was left at home with the three children (one son of each parent and baby Lisa). Similarly, depending on the reliability of NG's sources, Isabel usually slept with her siblings (brothers) but slept in her own room on Friday night, and Becky Celis, Isa's mom who is a nurse reportedly went to work early on Saturday morning. I don't know - it just seems odd to me that both children "disappeared" when something was different from the usual activities in the homes. :moo:

When DH's alarm went off at 6:00 this morning, I was pleased to hear the Isabel disappearance among the headlines on the CBS morning news. While our local CBS radio station (WWJ, Detroit) has covered the case, it has never been among the national headlines at the top of the hour. That said, the story wasn't featured until after the first commercial - almost as an afterthought. The brief report included audio clips of the parents' statements yesterday and just the basics of the disappearance last Saturday morning.

I couldn't help being reminded of the mysterious disappearance (abduction?) of baby Lisa Irwin in MO last fall. Jeremy Irwin, Lisa's father, reportedly went to work in the evening for the first time so that mother, Deborah was left at home with the three children (one son of each parent and baby Lisa. Similarly, depending on the reliability of NG's sources, Isabel usually slept with her siblings (brothers) but slept in her own room on Friday night, and Becky Celis, Isa's mom who is a nurse reportedly went to work early on Saturday morning. I don't know - it just seems odd to me that both children "disappeared" when something was different - a "first" - from the usual activities in the homes. :moo:

I really don't think we can take NG's info exactly as she reported it. While Isa may have sometimes slept in her brother's room, I'm really doubtful that she did so every single night.

very early on (same days she was noticed to be missing): saturday (and was re-reviewed on Monday)

Moore said on Saturday, his general manager spent about five hours with police, showing them surveillance video of the area, and on Monday, they were back again to review video and get a copy of activity from 10 p.m. Friday night to 9 a.m. Saturday morning.

oh and this too:

"There was activity going on," he said. "There were vehicles...there were people wandering around. There were things that we saw and we did get recorded so that information we did release to the police."
http://www.kvoa.com/full-coverage/finding-isabel/#fcanchor

Yes. The police spent 5 hours Saturday morning with Moore reviewing tapes in the store. They took a copy with them according to Moore. Then the police came back on Monday to get a tape from 10 pm Friday night to 9 am Saturday morning

KVOA Is surveillance video key to solving missing girl investigation?

Reposting story on surveilance video from Moore Security-- to refresh -- this is a business with cameras on the back of the store that recorded traffic on the small side street to the right of Celis home (where Celis' block ends) the day/night Isa went missing. Moore believes the cameras could have captured something important such as license plates, other activity in the area (from the other side of block to North) time frame. The police have video.

This business is to the North of Celis' home on
Broadway. It appears that the camera(s) on the back of the store recorded foot and vehicle traffic from the side street to west of Celis' home, and parking lot across the street and east of Celis' home. [My written description seems confusing to me, so I've attached a map that shows where Moore cameras recorded in relation to the Celis neighborhood.]

Attachments

• Moore Security.jpg
    Moore Security.jpg
    123.8 KB · Views: 52
I also noticed that the Office Max is the closest business on the west side of the Celis home close to that side street. I wonder if Office Max has cameras on the back of their building. Cameras there might capture part of the alleyway behind the Celis' home.

Hey everyone- I'm new here. THis case and the Caleigh Harrison case in Rockport, MA pulled me in. I'm praying for Isa constantly.

Anyway, fwiw, I wanted to chime in about work shifts for nurses. I work for a hospital (admin), but I also spent A LOT of time in the hospital while my mom was dying of cancer. The hospitals we work for/had her treatments at have mid shifts- 12p-12a or 11a-11p.

Good morning, Everyone!

I am not convinced when the neighbor heard the dogs barking that it had anything to do with Isa being abducted. By 6:30 am people can start milling around and a lot of people have to work on Saturdays.

So I feel it may have just been two workers in the area talking with each other.

If any of the neighbors work in one of the businesss behind Isa's home they could just walk to work.

But I am intrigued about the dog or dogs getting loose just one week before Isa went missing. If the dogs were prone to get out of the fence then I would think there would be an habitual record of that happening but this seems to be the only time.

So how did the dog get loose and what time did they realize they werent in the fence? Did someone let the dog or the larger dog out on purpose when they werent there or were asleep? Were they trying to elimate their risks? Or were they plannng on doing it that day and the dogs came out of the gate when they opened it? Or did they let the dogs out when they opened the gate late in the night so they could peer into the windows in order to find Isa's bedroom?

I dont know, but something about the dogs being able to get out of the yard just a week before nags me for some reason. It just makes me feel that whoever this is was already staking the home out.

So did they start putting the dogs inside at night to make sure they did not get out of the fence?

Just somethngs that nags at me for some reason.

imo

If there was activity on the security cameras, why doesn't le release those images to the public so if someone knows the person or car(s) involved they can have those checked out? I don't understand why they would sit on that?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
redeworker