Page 2 of 29 FirstFirst 123456789101112 ... LastLast

Thread: AZ - Isabel Mercedes Celis, 6, Tucson, 20 April 2012 - #5

Quote Originally Posted by txanmom View Post
    If there was activity on the security cameras, why doesn't le release those images to the public so if someone knows the person or car(s) involved they can have those checked out? I don't understand why they would sit on that?
    did you follow the Samantha case? the girl missing from Alaska - they have video as well and didn't release it. As much as we all would like to see it, we have to have faith that they are holding it for some reason.

2. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to lillygator For This Useful Post:

Perhaps someone could help me out.

I am a bit confused about the Celis Family wanting or needing police protection.
    Is that common in missing children cases?

It seems they are afraid about something happening if they return home.
    ~ let the storm wash over you, because somewhere beneath, there is your balance and wisdom ~

Rosemadderlake

4. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Dushi For This Useful Post:

I don't know what to make of the neighbor and voices, either; except that it sounds as though the dogs were in the backyard from the neighbors statement. Did the dogs stay there nightly? Would not they bark at anything all night if that were true? Certainly if someone entered their territory.

If the dogs were outside, I would have a whole new set of questions. Did the mom let them out before she left for work, which might suggest she left for work earlier than 6:30 am? If the Mom left at 7:30 as reported, why did she not call dogs "going nuts" at 6:30 am back in the house?

None of it is making any sense to me.

6. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to Prof For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by lillygator View Post
    did you follow the Samantha case? the girl missing from Alaska - they have video as well and didn't release it. As much as we all would like to see it, we have to have faith that they are holding it for some reason.
    Same thing in Kenia's case - they had surveillance video of her in a lobby of a building. They had surveillance video of Travis wheeling the cooler into the freezer, etc. I was really surprised at how much information they had after his arrest.
    It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it. ~ Aristotle

The difference between fiction and reality? Fiction has to make sense.

8. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to SurfieTX For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Dushi View Post

I am a bit confused about the Celis Family wanting or needing police protection.

Could they be afraid of the media?
    They were not the type to get in front of the camera right away. They said "no" to media essentially for days.

I do understand that, but in the case of missing children, I want to think a parent's plea on camera right away is a good move, just in case the child is being held by someone?

10. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Prof For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Dushi View Post

I think that got misconstrued.

They ask them for police protection concerning the security of their home.. since even though they are allowed to go back.......they dont want to do so. They have not stayed there since Isa was abducted. Not even when the home was released to them.

The police did say they would do periodic checks of the home.

I am sure they worry about lurky/looky-loos and the media jumping the fence in order to get a close up shot of the inside of their home.

IMO
    "Pardon Our Noise, It's the Sound of Freedom" USMC New River Air Station, Jacksonville, North Carolina

12. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to oceanblueeyes For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by mrsu View Post
    So according to this neighbor, all dogs are going crazy at 6:30am. By this time it is light out. Isa's mother is probably getting ready to go to work, or has just left. And yet nobody bothered to check why the dogs were going nuts? Kidnapper breaks in and takes Isa in broad daylight? Does that not make sense to anyone else?

If I was used to them going crazy I'd tune them out honestly. 630 may or may not be related to this case...she may have been gone before then.

Sent from my SGH-T989 using Tapatalk 2
    Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts.---Patrick Moynihan
    Living in the

14. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to thefragile7393 For This Useful Post:

BetteDavisEyes is offline "Fasten your seatbelts. It's going to be a bumpy night."
    I'm still puzzled by Sergio Celis' mention of "demands" during his brief statement yesterday. When LE Chief was questioned about this during a later presser, he stated that there had been no ransom demands in Isabel's disappearance. Why would Isa's dad plea to kidnappers and mention "meeting (their) demands" if there hasn't been a ransom demand? Does anyone else find this odd?

16. The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to BetteDavisEyes For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by oceanblueeyes View Post
    I think that got misconstrued.

They ask them for police protection concerning their home.. since even though they are allowed to go back.......they dont want to do so. They have not stayed there since Isa was abducted. Not even when the home was released to them.

The police did say they would do periodic checks of the home.

I am sure they worry about lurky/looky-loos and the media jumping the fence in order to get a close up shot of the inside of their home.

IMO
    OBE, The way I read it, it seemed like the police protection was for the family ? Is there something written or said someplace that states that the police protection was for the house ? TIA

18. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to liz b. For This Useful Post:

Welcome to Websleuths, Manda622!

20. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Pensfan For This Useful Post:

IDK about getting used to dogs going crazy, and I have had dogs all of my life.
    Most incessantly barking dog owners probably would not want me as a neighbor, because if I hear a constantly barking dog, I am going to call that in at some point.

Anyway, if the Celis' family has a pending Tucson Animal Care case, with dogs at large complaints, and court dates coming up, why would they let their dogs simply go nuts at 6:30 am on a Saturday morning when it is more likely for a complaint to be called in?
    Last edited by Prof; 04-26-2012 at 11:14 AM. Reason: clarity

22. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Prof For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by BetteDavisEyes View Post
    I'm still puzzled by Sergio Celis' mention of "demands" during his brief statement yesterday. When LE Chief was questioned about this during a later presser, he stated that there had been no ransom demands in Isabel's disappearance. Why would Isa's dad plea to kidnappers and mention "meeting (their) demands" if there hasn't been a ransom demand? Does anyone else find this odd?
    I am not puzzled by that at all. Just because no one has made contact yet doesnt mean they weren't listening to the parents when they made a plea for her safe return. In fact I do think the perp was listening and has been keeping up with everything to do with this case.

I think he is hoping and praying.. that whoever has Isa will give her back, and he wanted that person to know that the family will meet his demands, whatever they may be.. if he will let her come home safe and sound.

It is far better to think there is a possible chance that they can reason with the kidnapper than to think this person is never going to release Isa and she is dead.

I can see any parent wanting to cling to that small glimmer of hope...even though it probably wont happen like they desperately pray that it will.

IMO
    "Pardon Our Noise, It's the Sound of Freedom" USMC New River Air Station, Jacksonville, North Carolina

24. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to oceanblueeyes For This Useful Post:

Presser in 5 minutes.

http://www.kvoa.com/livestream/
    It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it. ~ Aristotle

26. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to SurfieTX For This Useful Post:

BetteDavisEyes is offline "Fasten your seatbelts. It's going to be a bumpy night."
    Good morning, Everyone!

I am not convinced when the neighbor heard the dogs barking that it had anything to do with Isa being abducted. By 6:30 am people can start milling around and a lot of people have to work on Saturdays.

But I am intrigued about the dog or dogs getting loose just one week before Isa went missing. If the dogs were prone to get out of the fence then I would think there would be an habitual record of that happening but this seems to be the only time.

So how did the dog get loose and what time did they realize they werent in the fence? Did someone let the dog or the larger dog out on purpose when they werent there or were asleep? Were they trying to elimate their risks? Or were they plannng on doing it that day and the dogs came out of the gate when they opened it? Or did they let the dogs out when they opened the gate late in the night so they could peer into the windows in order to find Isa's bedroom?

I dont know, but something about the dogs being able to get out of the yard just a week before nags me for some reason. It just makes me feel that whoever this is was already staking the home out.

So did they start putting the dogs inside at night to make sure they did not get out of the fence?

imo
    Respectfully edited. Re: the dogs. The Celis family has been cited for several dog-related issues. I'm not sure that the recent incident was the only time that the dogs were running loose. The document is on one of the Isabel threads, but I haven't been able to locate it since reading your post.

28. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to BetteDavisEyes For This Useful Post:

No not really. He's quite possibly exhausted mentally and physically and scared and nervous. Under those circumstances strange things can come out. Likely he meant that if kidnappers wanted a ransom they would meet those demands.

Sent from my SGH-T989 using Tapatalk 2
    Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts.---Patrick Moynihan
    Living in the

30. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to thefragile7393 For This Useful Post:

Me. I did find that statement odd.

32. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Prof For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by SurfieTX View Post
    Presser in 5 minutes.

Thanks!

34. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Prof For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Prof View Post
    IDK about getting used to dogs going crazy, and I have had dogs all of my life.
    Most incessantly barking dog owners probably would not want me as a neighbor, because if I hear a constantly barking dog, I am going to call that in at some point. [I love dogs enough to post that personal information, when I try to avoid posting personal information, or my experience as a back up].

Anyway, if the Celis' family has a pending Tucson Animal Care case, with dogs at large complaints, and court dates coming up, why would they let their dogs simply go nuts at 6:30 am on a Saturday morning when it is more likely for a complaint to be called in?
    All I know is if I called the police everytime my neighbor's three large dogs barked during the night or early morning, I would be known as the biggest pest in my county!

The woman's dog was barking also. I am sure other dogs barked in the area too. Dogs bark.......

imo

36. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to oceanblueeyes For This Useful Post:

Respectfully edited. Re: the dogs. The Celis family has been cited for several dog-related issues. I'm not sure that the recent incident was the only time that the dogs were running loose. The document is on one of the Isabel threads, but I haven't been able to locate it since reading your post.
    I only found the incident on the 13th in the Court dockets, but yes there could have been citations by Tucson Animal Care that did not reach the court level. The dogs at large this time were a misdemeanor.
    There could have been warnings in the forms of letters. They do that according to TAC.

38. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Prof For This Useful Post:

Not a lot of new developments. Asking that the media respect private property of the residents on Isa's street.

Detectives are continuing investigation. They have a lot of resources that are crucial. They are pouring over the lead sheets.

40. The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to SurfieTX For This Useful Post:

Oh, thanks. I will try to locate it again.

I thought I only saw the one date that was a week before Isa went missing.

42. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to oceanblueeyes For This Useful Post:

Just need to share a little bit about Misha and neighbors and barking. My neighbor is about 10 feet from the side of the house Misha sleeps to their back door/driveway with no solid wall barriers in-between.

Misha is use to my neighbor and never barks when he is watering his lawn in the back of his house at 4:30 AM (yup) before he leaves for work at 5:00 AM. My neighbor starts his pick-up at that time and Misha just doesn't care.

My neighbor sometimes will use my driveway to park, and he will come across my front lawn at 5:00 AM to get in his truck and Misha doesn't care as he is use to the normal routine of my neighbors on both sides of me and across from me.

However, if one of my neighbor's co-workers comes to pick up my neighbor at 5:00 AM, then Misha is up and barking to let me know a stranger has arrived.

On that note, I feel the Celis' dogs and the neighbor's dogs would not bark, at that early hour, unless it is someone they are not aware of on a regular basis in the neighborhood.

BUT then, I could have an exceptionally smart dog that knows the difference and has an inner "stranger/danger" feeling.

Those little or big noses can smell things that we are not even aware of. If they smell that scent of "fear" on a person, they will lift that nose up in the air to see where it is coming from.

Misha will run out the back door so quickly and I am thinking he needs to do his business quick, however, he smells my neighbor in the backyard and just sits to wait until they pet him.

I always check on him while out there and there he is waiting for my neighbor and I wonder how they heck did he know they were out there.
    Last edited by Patty G; 04-26-2012 at 11:12 AM. Reason: ETA: At that early hour
    Pekingese "Best Of Show" 2012

44. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Patty G For This Useful Post:

Core detectives are still working with their FBI counterparts.

Searches/canvassing are ongoing but are scaled down

46. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to SurfieTX For This Useful Post:

All I know is if I called the police everytime my neighbor's three large dogs barked during the night or early morning, I would be known as the biggest pest in my county!

The woman's dog was barking also. I am sure other dogs barked in the area too. Dogs bark.......

imo
    Oh, I would not call police. I would call animal control.
    TAC has a noise ordinance for animals, too. The neighbors seem to know the Celis' dogs and their barking, so I am betting TAC has had calls.

48. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Prof For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by SurfieTX View Post
    Presser in 5 minutes.

Minimal sound, can't hear a thing!

50. The Following User Says Thank You to Isabelle For This Useful Post:

Page 2 of 29 FirstFirst 123456789101112 ... LastLast