Page 3 of 29 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: AZ - Isabel Mercedes Celis, 6, Tucson, 20 April 2012 - #5

Quote Originally Posted by Prof View Post
    I only found the incident on the 13th in the Court dockets, but yes there could have been citations by Tucson Animal Care that did not reach the court level. The dogs at large this time were a misdemeanor.
    There could have been warnings in the forms of letters. They do that according to TAC.
    I sure would like to know for certain if this is the only time.
    "Pardon Our Noise, It's the Sound of Freedom" USMC New River Air Station, Jacksonville, North Carolina

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to oceanblueeyes For This Useful Post:

No additional blockades of the street.

Officers are on the street to protect private property from media.

Tips are still coming in. Reward ?increased? to 30,000.00.
    It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it. ~ Aristotle

The difference between fiction and reality? Fiction has to make sense.

4. The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to SurfieTX For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by liz b. View Post
    OBE, The way I read it, it seemed like the police protection was for the family ? Is there something written or said someplace that states that the police protection was for the house ? TIA
    I cant remember right off, liz but I think LE said that on one of the shows and that they would be sending officers by from time to time to check on the residence.
    "Pardon Our Noise, It's the Sound of Freedom" USMC New River Air Station, Jacksonville, North Carolina

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to oceanblueeyes For This Useful Post:

My dogs bark at other dogs (i figure that's the only way they can communicate with each other from a distance). They bark when someone is near the house, but if someone is approaching the house the bark changes from a regular bark to shrill barks, a definite difference and a much higher level of excitement.

8. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Isabelle For This Useful Post:

LE will extend their assistance to the family should they ask or want to speak to the media again.
    It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it. ~ Aristotle

10. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to SurfieTX For This Useful Post:

Q: Was there anyone else other than the immediate family in the house the night she went missing?

A: Information that is crucial to us and important to the investigation will not be released.

Based on the neighbor's statement, it seems that there were men either in or around the backyards at around 6:30 am ? Because she heard men's voices ? IMO that is probably as significant as the dogs.... JMO

13. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to liz b. For This Useful Post:

LE went to many other businesses out of the surrounding area requesting surveillance videos.

15. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to SurfieTX For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by oceanblueeyes View Post
    I cant remember right off, liz but I think LE said that on one of the shows and that they would be sending officers by from time to time to check on the residence.
    TY, I do not remember anything like that. Would not blame the family if they did ask for police protection...LE moved in with Sommer Thompson's family...MOO

17. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to liz b. For This Useful Post:

Q: We have heard that the BAU has not or will not talk to the family.

A: BAU has protocol that they follow. They will do things as they see fit. He won't comment on what they have said or not said.

19. The Following 15 Users Say Thank You to SurfieTX For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by SurfieTX View Post
    Q: Was there anyone else other than the immediate family in the house the night she went missing?

A: Information that is crucial to us and important to the investigation will not be released.
    I wondered who exactly was in the house that night .. Also, I don't understand why LE will not say if Isa was actually in school on that Friday.What possible reason could there be for not saying ? MOO

21. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to liz b. For This Useful Post:

Q: Has the family been officially ruled out as NCMEC says "non family abduction?"

A: The organizer of NCMEC is still in town and he is not sure how he makes decisions on what to put on website. He will follow up on that.

23. The Following 14 Users Say Thank You to SurfieTX For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Dushi View Post
    Perhaps someone could help me out.

I am a bit confused about the Celis Family wanting or needing police protection.
    Is that common in missing children cases?

It seems they are afraid about something happening if they return home.
    I don't understand it either unless their afraid someone will come to harm their other children. I also don't understand them not wanting to return to the home just in the slightest case the girl makes her way back home. I know that is highly unlikely by as parents you'd be grasping at any straws. Most missing childrens parents stay in the same home and keep the same phone number "just in case". IMO

25. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Luckyswife For This Useful Post:

"Massive amount" of lead sheets. That is the core of their protocol for this investigation and that is what they are working on.

27. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to SurfieTX For This Useful Post:

I gotta say, I feel I am incredibly in tune with dogs, kinda have to be. With that said... I've got some chihuahuas that live in a house down at the bottom of the hill that sound like they are being tortured everytime they step foot out of their house (they're not, that's just how they yap, out of control). It is so bad and horrid sounding that the first time I heard it I actually called 911 because I thought it was a child, and it sounded like someone was dying, no joke. They go off like this at least 3 times a day. At this point, they could be telling the world that someone was dying in the house and I wouldn't pay any attention, they always sound that way. Sad but true. So, depending on the dogs and the situation, I do totally understand how someone would just ignore them even if they were going nuts.

Noon and 8:00 p.m. are next updates.

30. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to SurfieTX For This Useful Post:

BetteDavisEyes is offline "Fasten your seatbelts. It's going to be a bumpy night."
    Oh, I would not call police. I would call animal control.
    TAC has a noise ordinance for animals, too. The neighbors seem to know the Celis' dogs and their barking, so I am betting TAC has had calls.
    Not all communities have an "animal control" department. The city where we used to live had its own PD with a special "animal control" division and vehicles for transporting animals running loose or collecting roadkill. The community where we now live does not have its own PD, so we'd have to contact the county sheriff for animal-related complaints.

32. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to BetteDavisEyes For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Patty G View Post
    Just need to share a little bit about Misha and neighbors and barking. My neighbor is about 10 feet from the side of the house Misha sleeps to their back door/driveway with no solid wall barriers in-between.

Misha is use to my neighbor and never barks when he is watering his lawn in the back of his house at 4:30 AM (yup) before he leaves for work at 5:00 AM. My neighbor starts his pick-up at that time and Misha just doesn't care.

My neighbor sometimes will use my driveway to park, and he will come across my front lawn at 5:00 AM to get in his truck and Misha doesn't care as he is use to the normal routine of my neighbors on both sides of me and across from me.

However, if one of my neighbor's co-workers comes to pick up my neighbor at 5:00 AM, then Misha is up and barking to let me know a stranger has arrived.

On that note, I feel the Celis' dogs and the neighbor's dogs would not bark unless it is someone they are not aware of on a regular basis in the neighborhood.

BUT then, I could have an exceptionally smart dog that knows the difference and has an inner "stranger/danger" feeling.

Those little or big noses can smell things that we are not even aware of. If they smell that scent of "fear" on a person, they will lift that nose up in the air to see where it is coming from.

Misha will run out the back door so quickly and I am thinking he needs to do his business quick, however, he smells my neighbor in the backyard and just sits to wait until they pet him.

I always check on him while out there and there he is waiting for my neighbor and I wonder how they heck did he know they were out there.
    I wish my doggies were like yours.

I think they just love to bark. They even bark if they see our own kids or grands or close friends turning in our driveway. Little stinkers just have to let us know someone is here whether they are excited to see them or they are thinking they may not like them because they are strangers! Now the closer the people get to our door the bark will change.

If it is someone they know and love they will bark then whine...and they think the door cant be open fast enough to suit them but if it is a stranger or even the postlady or UPS man........they both are like Cujo and are highly upset.

But if they see a cat outside or even a squirrel or bird while they are looking out one of the glass doors they will just bark and bark and bark! LOL!

34. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to oceanblueeyes For This Useful Post:

IMO, I wish the media would ask exactly what type of leads LE is receiving. Massive amount of leads and in 6 days, they seem to have nothing.
    Pekingese "Best Of Show" 2012

36. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Patty G For This Useful Post:

BetteDavisEyes is offline "Fasten your seatbelts. It's going to be a bumpy night."
    H/T to SurfieTX for the live posts during the presser. I wasn't listening and appreciate the "transcript"

38. The Following 16 Users Say Thank You to BetteDavisEyes For This Useful Post:

sipping coffee at the Purple Rose Theatre
    Quote Originally Posted by SurfieTX View Post
    Q: Has the family been officially ruled out as NCMEC says "non family abduction?"

A: The organizer of NCMEC is still in town and he is not sure how he makes decisions on what to put on website. He will follow up on that.
    iirc her poster has been like that since the start..

(re: non family abduction)
    This bee my opinion

40. The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to nursebeeme For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Luckyswife View Post
    I don't understand it either unless their afraid someone will come to harm their other children. I also don't understand them not wanting to return to the home just in the slightest case the girl makes her way back home. I know that is highly unlikely by as parents you'd be grasping at any straws. Most missing childrens parents stay in the same home and keep the same phone number "just in case". IMO
    I could understand if they knew their child was deceased, not going back in the home where the bad thing happened. I have a bit of trouble understanding not going home if they believe kidnappers have their child or their child is missing under other circumstances.

The way we usually see kidnappings for gain depicted in film would have the parents wanting to be home, with little to none police presense in case the kidnappers want contact without police involved, right?

Perhaps that's why the father's statement about "demands" was odd to me. If one thinks there might be demands, does one think think these criminals would contact family through the police or media?

I suppose I am relying too much on assumption. I know these come from books or film, because we simpy don't have many kidnappings for ransom in this country.

42. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Prof For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by oceanblueeyes View Post
    I wish my doggies were like yours.

I think they just love to bark. They even bark if they see our own kids or grands or close friends turning in our driveway. Little stinkers just have to let us know someone is here whether they are excited to see them or they are thinking they may not like them because they are strangers! Now the closer the people get to our door the bark will change.

If it is someone they know and love they will bark then whine...and they think the door cant be open fast enough to suit them but if it is a stranger or even the postlady or UPS man........they both are like Cujo and are highly upset.

But if they see a cat outside or even a squirrel or bird while they are looking out one of the glass doors they will just bark and bark and bark! LOL!
    Misha is not perfect, because if my son calls to let me know he is coming over, and all I say is OK, Misha knows and just waits for him and then barks himself into a frenzy when my son pulls into the driveway.

He has a couple of barks for stranger approaching, son arriving, UPS & FEDEX as they give him a treat.

If only we knew what was the norm for the neighbor's dogs as that would give me a better insight to what these dogs react to.
    Pekingese "Best Of Show" 2012

44. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Patty G For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by sarx View Post
    I gotta say, I feel I am incredibly in tune with dogs, kinda have to be. With that said... I've got some chihuahuas that live in a house down at the bottom of the hill that sound like they are being tortured everytime they step foot out of their house (they're not, that's just how they yap, out of control). It is so bad and horrid sounding that the first time I heard it I actually called 911 because I thought it was a child, and it sounded like someone was dying, no joke. They go off like this at least 3 times a day. At this point, they could be telling the world that someone was dying in the house and I wouldn't pay any attention, they always sound that way. Sad but true. So, depending on the dogs and the situation, I do totally understand how someone would just ignore them even if they were going nuts.
    That is what we have done, sarx.

We have heard our neighbor's three large dogs bark for so many years we just tune it out.

Now our dogs are inside at night and they dont bark. Well let me say the oldest one doesn't. Sometimes the youngest one will if he sees a cat pass by our french doors on a moonlit night.

So we do pay attention to our dogs. If Maggie, our oldest dog, starts barking..then my husband is up with his .357 in hand to check it out. That has only happened twice in 7 years since we have had Maggie so if anyone was snooping around they left when they heard her start barking.

46. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to oceanblueeyes For This Useful Post:

I don't know what to make of the neighbor and voices, either; except that it sounds as though the dogs were in the backyard from the neighbors statement. Did the dogs stay there nightly? Would not they bark at anything all night if that were true? Certainly if someone entered their territory.

If the dogs were outside, I would have a whole new set of questions. Did the mom let them out before she left for work, which might suggest she left for work earlier than 6:30 am? If the Mom left at 7:30 as reported, why did she not call dogs "going nuts" at 6:30 am back in the house?

None of it is making any sense to me.
    Did she leave at 730 or is that when her shift started IMO that makes a big difference. IIRC I read that her shift started at 0730. I am a nurse and IMO at 630 BC would for sure be up and getting ready for work if her shift started at 730 and if she lives nearby the hospital she works for BC might have been home and might have heard all of the noise the neighbor heard claims to have heard. Now if she had a commute and her shift started at 0730 then at 0630 BC might have already left for work.

48. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to calamityjane831 For This Useful Post:

Page 3 of 29 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 ... LastLast