Page 6 of 29 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516 ... LastLast

Thread: AZ - Isabel Mercedes Celis, 6, Tucson, 20 April 2012 - #5

Quote Originally Posted by Patty G View Post
    Sure would love to find out if their pick-up day is Saturday or not so we can at least narrow a possible reason for noise and dogs barking at 6:30 AM
    Residential trash is not picked up on Saturdays according to: http://cms3.tucsonaz.gov/sites/defau...kupmap03_1.pdf

Commercial trash, however, is I'm almost positive (going to double check now).

2. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to KaylynnCouture For This Useful Post:

BetteDavisEyes is offline "Fasten your seatbelts. It's going to be a bumpy night."
    Quote Originally Posted by liz b. View Post
    What "performances " are you writing about ? Isn't Isa's dad a dental hygenist ? TIA
    There was an earlier reference to Mr. Celis singing with a local opera company.

4. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to BetteDavisEyes For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by keeponsearching View Post
    What are the alley ways for.? Its not something I see in Maine. To me it looks like space that could be taken up.
    The alley ways are mostly for utility companies to have access to phone lines, power lines etc, also in many cases the garbage cans are back there and that is where the garbage is picked up, the city of Tucson picks the garbage up in the city limits, usually in the alley but not always some people have front of house pick up but mine is in the alley and WASTE MANAGEMENT picks up my recyclables in the front of the house.
    EVERYTHING ABOVE is RUMOR, opinion, speculation, possibilities, potentialities, hunch, guesswork, crapshoot, gut feeling, suggestions, buzz, dish, gossip, hearsay, noise, scuttlebutt, rumblings, musings and whispers and SHOULD NOT BE TAKEN AS FACT unless otherwise noted.

All rights reserved.

THANK YOU!

6. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to PAXIMUS For This Useful Post:

Isabel's mom posted a prayer on her Facebook about an hour ago, and begged people to not give up searching for Isa.

This case is heartbreaking.

8. The Following 15 Users Say Thank You to KaylynnCouture For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by txanmom View Post
    LOL!! mine too! you don't by chance have boston terriers do you? mine do that exact same thing. The only way I know the difference is they get raised hair along their spine if it is a threat.
    I have a 74 lb Golden Retriever.. Her bark I suspect is far worse than her bite but she does let me know IF someone is around.. Someone told me once her bark would be convincing IF she weren't smiling while she was barking.
    .Right now I also have my two granddogs staying with me while my daughter and her husband are in Hawaii for a friend's wedding. One is a Boston Terrier, who doesn't do much of anything but try to lick you to death and will go anywhere with anyone. Fed X showed up one day to deliver a package and she jumped in the truck and was ready to go with him... The other, a papillion -long haired Chihuahua mix does not like strangers and will bite anyone IF he chooses to do so .....Out of the three the papaillion-chihuahua is the most ferocious and he is the smallest.. When one barks though they all start barking... I do know when someone is around..JMHO
    "It's been clear from day one that the contradicting statements from the family members are not the truth," said Capt. Johnny Greenwood, spokesman for the Putnam County Sheriff's Office.

JUSTICE HAS BEEN KIDNAPPED AND HIDDEN IN THE LAW

10. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Emeralgem For This Useful Post:

According to the Find Isabel Celis FB page, there will be another billboard put up on I-10 and Orange Grove Road (in Tucson) in the next few days. There is already one in Phoenix. I hope this helps generate some new leads.

12. The Following 14 Users Say Thank You to KaylynnCouture For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by BetteDavisEyes View Post
    I grew up in Detroit where there were alleys separating fenced-in backyards on adjacent streets. Trash receptacles were kept outside of the fences, and garbage trucks used the alleys instead of city streets for collection. In the 'burbs, you don't see alleys and very rare to see fenced-in backyards in most subdivisions. Trash/recycling/compost are placed at the foot of driveways on the day of collection.
    there are lots of "alley" neighborhoods where i live, many people prefer them becaue it means there is no neighbor directly behind you...kids use these places to play without traffic. in our real estate listings you will always see 'alley access' mentioned...some people really like it, gives you back door access to your yard.

14. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to purplesage For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by not_my_kids View Post
    Witness accounts are often unreliable under the best of circumstances, when the crime is committed in broad daylight, the witness has time to study the suspect, and they are wide awake and focused.

I'm not sure that I can put too much stock in the statement of a witness that was awakened very shortly before hearing "dogs and voices" and never laid eyes on anyone that might have been causing those sounds.

I'm not saying that she's lying, she would have no reason to, I'm just saying that while a witness can be the best thing for a case, a witness can also be the worst thing for a case.
    Exactly. There was an eyewitness in Keegan Schuchart's case in broad daylight who had the race of the defendant wrong.
    “Justice cannot be for one side alone, but must be for both.” - Eleanor Roosevelt

In no way should any of my statements be construed as legal opinion or advice. I am a newly practicing lawyer (yay!) but not a verified poster here at WS. The above statement(s) are an expression of my personal opinion, for entertainment purposes only, and copyright.

16. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to AnaTeresa For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by calamityjane831 View Post
    He is also an opera singer.
    As an opera buff I find that to be very endearing...MOO

18. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to liz b. For This Useful Post:

BetteDavisEyes is offline "Fasten your seatbelts. It's going to be a bumpy night."
    Quote Originally Posted by AnaTeresa View Post
    Exactly. There was an eyewitness in Keegan Schuchart's case in broad daylight who had the race of the defendant wrong.
    I'm always a bit skeptical when "witnesses" contact the media to tell them about something they saw or heard in a high-profile case and then end up on the evening news.

20. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to BetteDavisEyes For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by liz b. View Post
    As an opera buff I find that to be very endearing...MOO
    DH and I have season tickets to Michigan Opera Theatre and have been acquainted with members of the chorus. We look forward to "I Pagliacci" next month and have already renewed our season for next fall/spring.

22. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to BetteDavisEyes For This Useful Post:

I'm thinking that the media is going door to door asking people if they heard anything and they just happened to catch the Celis' neighbor and asked her is she heard anything. Perhaps the media saw he walking her dogs.

We all know how "zealous" the media is to capture a story.
    Pekingese "Best Of Show" 2012

24. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Patty G For This Useful Post:

How on earth did someone get up the stuccoed house, 6 foot high window without standing on something, if they aren't "Spider Man?"

Did anyone notice the tiny two windows on the side of the house? Are they the bedroom windows for Isabel's room?
    "The Greek word moira (μοῖρα) literally means a part or portion, and by extension one's portion in life or destiny.
    They controlled the metaphorical thread of life of every mortal from birth to death."

Wikipedia

26. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Leomoon80 For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Anita Richman View Post
    The waste management trucks go through my neighborhood about 6:30 a.m. It gets so hot here during the day, that they are beginning earlier and earlier to beat the heat. I'm guessing that the mens voices she heard were the voices of the garbage men.
    But do Waste Management men come on Saturday? Not in our area.
    They only come during the week. FWIW

28. The Following User Says Thank You to IHAVENOCLUE For This Useful Post:

I am loathe to admit this, but I have reclaimed my rather uncomfortable seat on the fence after playing and replaying the parents' PC yesterday.

I had a very strong 'gut' feeling that Isa's parents were in no way involved but I just got a strange vibe watching that video over and over. I still can't say what it is, but I seriously shook my belief in their non-involvement.

I hope I am so, so wrong. And anyway, it's just MOO.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

30. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to FrayedKnot For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Leomoon80 View Post
    How on earth did someone get up the stuccoed house, 6 foot high window without standing on something, if they aren't "Spider Man?"

Did anyone notice the tiny two windows on the side of the house? Are they the bedroom windows for Isabel's room?
    The two windows that are up high are the windows in the gargage.

The tiny window behind the wall, behind the gargage, could be a small bathroom window. The same on the back of the house of that structure has a tiny window and two larger windows, of which, could be a bedroom with a bathroom.

32. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Patty G For This Useful Post:

Do we know moms maiden name?

34. The Following User Says Thank You to insatiable For This Useful Post:

My first thought when I originally heard the story was the mom's working at the Pediatric ward (is what I heard originally)
    What if a person wanted a child, couldn't have one, and saw her photo of her in mom's posession?

Isabel is a gorgeous child.

I think it's a far fetched proposal however, and I fear the worse case scenario for Isabel, not that she was a desired child to raise.
    Seldom is that the case, anymore then it may be for Kyron Horman, for when the children are older as in both of these cases, it's not as logical to presume they'd forget their original family and not put up a fuss to get back home.

It was just my original thought when I heard she worked with pediatrics.
    "The Greek word moira (μοῖρα) literally means a part or portion, and by extension one's portion in life or destiny.
    They controlled the metaphorical thread of life of every mortal from birth to death."

Wikipedia

36. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Leomoon80 For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by not_my_kids View Post
    Witness accounts are often unreliable under the best of circumstances, when the crime is committed in broad daylight, the witness has time to study the suspect, and they are wide awake and focused.

I'm not sure that I can put too much stock in the statement of a witness that was awakened very shortly before hearing "dogs and voices" and never laid eyes on anyone that might have been causing those sounds.

I'm not saying that she's lying, she would have no reason to, I'm just saying that while a witness can be the best thing for a case, a witness can also be the worst thing for a case.
    I cannot imagine rolling over and going back to sleep after hearing voices and dogs barking crazily at 6:30 a.m. in a residential neighborhood. Why did she think anyone was in the backyard at that time? I would certainly look out the window before going back to sleep. jmo
    My prayers are for the innocent.

38. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to mck16 For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by FrayedKnot View Post
    I am loathe to admit this, but I have reclaimed my rather uncomfortable seat on the fence after playing and replaying the parents' PC yesterday.

I had a very strong 'gut' feeling that Isa's parents were in no way involved but I just got a strange vibe watching that video over and over. I still can't say what it is, but I seriously shook my belief in their non-involvement.

I hope I am so, so wrong. And anyway, it's just MOO.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    i am with you. i had a very strong gut response immediately to the pc. the only way this whole thing makes sense to me, is if there is a room in that house that nobody ever goes into (guest room, attic, closet, etc...) and perp was already in the house waiting until he knew for sure everyone was quiet and asleep....

just moo, i do feel bad for it being my opinion however. very bad...

40. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to txanmom For This Useful Post:

In the video, both parents were wearing very large crucifixes ? TIA

42. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to liz b. For This Useful Post:

Nancy Grace
    Key eyewitness comes forward: says she heard male voices, dogs barking night 6-year-old Isabel vanished from bed. The witness & family’s neighbor, only feet away from the girl’s bedroom window, says she thinks the girl left with ‘someone she knew.’ She even says the girl seemed ‘comfortable’ enough to go with them. Did neighbor witness girl’s abduction? This as the parents finally speak out – what took them so long? What do you think happened? Taking your on-air questions right now: 877-626-2901

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fb...1053286&type=1
    !~*Mar*~!

44. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to WillenFan21 For This Useful Post:

My first thought when I originally heard the story was the mom's working at the Pediatric ward (is what I heard originally)
    What if a person wanted a child, couldn't have one, and saw her photo of her in mom's posession?

Isabel is a gorgeous child.

I think it's a far fetched proposal however, and I fear the worse case scenario for Isabel, not that she was a desired child to raise.
    Seldom is that the case, anymore then it may be for Kyron Horman, for when the children are older as in both of these cases, it's not as logical to presume they'd forget their original family and not put up a fuss to get back home.

It was just my original thought when I heard she worked with pediatrics.
    That is not farfetched and is similiar to what happened in Houston a few weeks back. A woman shot a mother and stole her 3 day old baby. It was in front of a pedi clinic where she was a nurse and had seen the baby. Nothing is too crazy it seems anymore. jmo

46. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to mck16 For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by WillenFan21 View Post
    Nancy Grace
    Key eyewitness comes forward: says she heard male voices, dogs barking night 6-year-old Isabel vanished from bed. The witness & family’s neighbor, only feet away from the girl’s bedroom window, says she thinks the girl left with ‘someone she knew.’ She even says the girl seemed ‘comfortable’ enough to go with them. Did neighbor witness girl’s abduction? This as the parents finally speak out – what took them so long? What do you think happened? Taking your on-air questions right now: 877-626-2901

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fb...1053286&type=1
    NG must have seen a different video interview than I did. Lots of ad libbing there seems to me. jmo

No one has stated that the neighbor who heard male voices and dogs barking is even a witness, never mind, a "key witness".

Bouncing off NG Facebook page.

49. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Patty G For This Useful Post:

Page 6 of 29 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516 ... LastLast