Cause of Brain Freeze Revealed (eating ice cream)!

Way to stop brain freeze: press your tongue on the roof of your mouth.

I worked two summers at Dairy Queen during high school. Part of our training was telling that to afflicted Mr. Misty slush customers. :)

As a young lad my brain froze so often that I fear it remains somewhat in that condition even now. Slushes at the hometown Dari Ace and Zesto's are to blame!

Way to stop brain freeze: press your tongue on the roof of your mouth.

I worked two summers at Dairy Queen during high school. Part of our training was telling that to afflicted Mr. Misty slush customers. :)

Funny. Just suffered a bad case of this that wouldn't let up and was going to look it up. Then I caught this thread. Thanks for this, I will try this method next time. :)

Even funnier. When I went on this thread I suffered a computer freeze! :waitasec:

They say those who suffer from migraines are more likely to get brain freeze. I've never had a migraine in my life, but brain freeze is a horrible issue for me! I'm going to try Lexi's tip and see how that works! :thumb:

They say those who suffer from migraines are more likely to get brain freeze. I've never had a migraine in my life, but brain freeze is a horrible issue for me! I'm going to try Lexi's tip and see how that works! :thumb:

I'm going to use Lexi's tip as well!

I love ice cream but hate the brain freeze! I have some Turkey Hill Frozen Yogurt in the freezer...Yum. Think I'll have that for dessert tonight and see if my brain freezes! :what:

This is interesting! I have never had brain freeze. In fact, I've tried to get it as a kid because my friends would talk about it. Never happened.

But I've only had one migraine in my life. It was about a week after my Son was born and I had had an epidural with him that didn't quite go as it should have.

I've always thought that migraine was a result of that wonky epi.

I've only had that one migraine but I had to be carried into the ER by my father because I was puking so hard I couldn't walk.

My deepest sympathy to all migraine sufferers. I hope this leads to treatments that will help them. I never ever want to experience a migraine again!

This is interesting! I have never had brain freeze. In fact, I've tried to get it as a kid because my friends would talk about it. Never happened.

But I've only had one migraine in my life. It was about a week after my Son was born and I had had an epidural with him that didn't quite go as it should have.

I've always thought that migraine was a result of that wonky epi.

I've only had that one migraine but I had to be carried into the ER by my father because I was puking so hard I couldn't walk.

My deepest sympathy to all migraine sufferers. I hope this leads to treatments that will help them. I never ever want to experience a migraine again!

Kat, I had an epidural with the birth of my first son.

It was horrific, I was shaking so bad, that they covered me in heavy blanket's at the hospital. Couldn't even speak to the nurses. I thought I was going to die! My second son was born less than 2 years later and no shaking after the birth.

I don't get 'brain freeze' so much as I get 'sinus freeze'. Very very painful. But I forget and do it again...

Very interesting! I am a migraine sufferer and I also tend to get brain freeze A LOT when I drink or eat something cold. I never realized it until I read the linked article that when I do get brain freeze - it's in the same spot my migraines usually start. I don't get it at the temples however. Strangely my migraines start deep inside and up the left nostril - way up in the nose! That's the only way I can describe it. SEVERE PAIN up the nose close to the left eye. My nose will start feeling very sniffle-ly and clogged. If I don't take my migraine medicine in a timely fashion, the pain will travel up the left side of my head, over and around down my neck and then goes into my left shoulder. OUCH! They are miserable. It's the worst pain I have ever experienced in my life, and I have a high threshold for pain. My migraines are always on the left side! And brain freeze - always on the left side! Very interesting!

brain freeze & migraines ... get them both, hate them both ... had no idea they could be connected

I used to get migraines, bad...thought I had a brain tumor. Dr. sent me to an allergist. Sure enough, food allergies. I was allergic to everything at my job which was a bakery at the time. As long as I watch how much I consume of all the various food allergies I have, the migraines disappeared. But I still get brain freeze! Ouch!

I had never heard of brain freeze, and never had it either. But . . have to be careful with a frappachino from Starbucks, sip too quickly and I guess I must freeze my esophagus, and it hurts through to my back too. Severe pain.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Wafficer
Back