848 users online (142 members and 706 guests)  


Websleuths News


Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 67
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    US
    Posts
    1,599

    The Intruder as a Friend

    According to the poll on another thread, almost 25% here believe an intruder did this crime. "Intruder" in this poll also includes someone known by the Ramseys. Over the years, I've read a lot of discussion about Fleet White. Of course, we know little about his knowledge of the crime, as he hasn't been talking (very admirable, BTW, for whatever reasons).

    For those who believe F and/or P were involved, what is your theory? How, why, and what known "facts" could back this up?

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    maryland
    Posts
    1,832
    Quote Originally Posted by Nehemiah
    According to the poll on another thread, almost 25% here believe an intruder did this crime. "Intruder" in this poll also includes someone known by the Ramseys. Over the years, I've read a lot of discussion about Fleet White. Of course, we know little about his knowledge of the crime, as he hasn't been talking (very admirable, BTW, for whatever reasons).

    For those who believe F and/or P were involved, what is your theory? How, why, and what known "facts" could back this up?
    No, he hasn't been talking, he's been screaming! He and Priscilla have "protested too much".(as in ..they doth...)

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    US
    Posts
    1,599
    Quote Originally Posted by sissi
    No, he hasn't been talking, he's been screaming! He and Priscilla have "protested too much".(as in ..they doth...)

    Well, yes and no. I meant he hasn't talked publicly about what actually went on the day after Christmas at the Ramsey's house, or the Christmas Party at his house, or his car ride with Burke to his house, etc...IOW, he hasn't given us much to go on.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Posts
    226
    Quote Originally Posted by Nehemiah
    Well, yes and no. I meant he hasn't talked publicly about what actually went on the day after Christmas at the Ramsey's house, or the Christmas Party at his house, or his car ride with Burke to his house, etc...IOW, he hasn't given us much to go on.

    Yes, Fleet is troubling.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    maryland
    Posts
    1,832
    hmmm..I never knew before today that there was a play!!
    Who attends these things?


    Theater

    Never the Sinner – John Logan’s drama based upon the 1924 "thrill killers" Leopold and Loeb. Theatre on Broadway, 13 S. Broadway, Denver, 303-860-9360.




    The Leopold and Loeb Ransom Note

    Dear Sir:

    As you no doubt know by this time, your son has been kidnapped. Allow us to assure you that he is at present well and safe. You need fear no physical harm for him, provided you line up carefully to the following instructions and to such others as you will receive by furture comminications. Should you, however, disobey any of our instructions, even slightly, his death will be the penalty.

    1. For obvious reasons make absolutely no attempt to communicate with either police authorities or any private agency. Should you already have communicated with the police, allow them to continue their investigations, but do not mention this letter.

    2. Secure before noon today $10,000. this money must be composed entirely of old bills of the following denominations: $2000 in $20 bills, $8000 in $50 bills. the money must be old. Any attempt to include new or marked bills will render the entire venture futile.

    3. The money should be place in a large cigar box, or if this is impossible, in a heavy cardboard box, securely closed and wrapped in white paper. The wrapping paper should be sealed at all openings with sealing wax.

    4. Have the money with you, prepared as directed above, and remain at home after one o'clock. See that the telephone is not in use.

    You will receive a further communication instructing you as to your final course.

    As a final word of warning, this is an extremely commercial proposition and we are prepared to put our threat into execution should we have reasonable grounds to believe that you have committed an infraction of the above instructions.

    However, should you carefully follow out our instructions to the letter, we can assure you that you son will be safely returned to you within six hours of our receipt of the money.

    Yours truly,

    George Johnson

    ( interesting as well the other books written by Logan)
    http://facultyoflaw.net/search_John_...By_Author.html

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Posts
    272
    Quote Originally Posted by TressaRing28
    Yes, Fleet is troubling.
    Fleet isn't troubling, unless you consider someone with integrity troubling. Fleet was there--He knows the Ramseys are involved in this crime up to their eyeballs. Fleet knows that someday he may be called upon to take the stand and testify against the Ramseys, and until then he will keep all he knows to himself.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    US
    Posts
    1,599
    So, you are saying that he is keeping his info to himself until he can testify against the Ramseys? I wonder by whom/how he thinks the murder was committed?

    What known facts about FW are "troubling"?

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    2,389
    Quote Originally Posted by Nehemiah
    So, you are saying that he is keeping his info to himself until he can testify against the Ramseys? I wonder by whom/how he thinks the murder was committed?

    What known facts about FW are "troubling"?

    I don't think it's so much a case of "keeping the info to himself until he can testify against the Ramseys" as "keeping the info to himself until there is a trial".

    There is a difference. Since Fleet White hasn't spoken out full stop, no-one really knows what he knows or thinks.
    This is only my opinion

    Let the focus be on Madeleine




    Together we can make a difference





    Alert Viewer in Scotland

    Member of Websleuths since April 2000

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    230
    Well, I have had a few "odd events" regarding FW that I have stated previously a few months ago so I won't go over that stuff again. I do find him troubling despite all of that. His behavior is extremely odd and I have always said the guilty dog barks the loudest.....wonder if this could be true in this instance? most peculiar, to say the least.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Posts
    3,053
    Quote Originally Posted by twizzler333
    Well, I have had a few "odd events" regarding FW that I have stated previously a few months ago so I won't go over that stuff again. I do find him troubling despite all of that. His behavior is extremely odd and I have always said the guilty dog barks the loudest.....wonder if this could be true in this instance? most peculiar, to say the least.


    There's nothing odd about the behaviors of Fleet and Priscilla White. They both know a lot about this crime and they're keeping it to themselves, although the BPD likely knows at least some of what the White's know. In fact, it's the Ramseys who are acting strange, probably because they're afraid of what the Whites Know. The cops don't suspect the Whites as the killers of JonBenet, and not even the Ramseys suspect the Whites as the killers. For instance, at the 2000 interviews:

    MIKE KANE: "Do you consider Priscilla White to be a suspect?

    JOHN RAMSEY: "I never considered either of the Whites to be a suspect. Their behavior post-December '96 was very, very strange. And that -- we were frightened of, pure and simple."

    JMO


  11. #11
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Location
    SWFL
    Posts
    2,909
    Quote Originally Posted by Jayelles
    I don't think it's so much a case of "keeping the info to himself until he can testify against the Ramseys" as "keeping the info to himself until there is a trial".

    There is a difference. Since Fleet White hasn't spoken out full stop, no-one really knows what he knows or thinks.
    Fleet and Priscilla have let us know, Jayelles. I 100% agree that they are keeping their testimony as untainted as it can be until that magic day arrives.

    RR

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    Detroit 'Burb
    Posts
    2,832

    FW Seems to Have Friends

    Some of what we've heard did seem very strange, but some of our
    most influential forum people have fiercely defended him, and condemned the woman whistleblower, which always happens to women whistleblowers.

    Isn't he the one that sues people right and left at the drop of a hat? I'll bet he could even do it to any of us who'd say anything.

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Posts
    6,932
    Quote Originally Posted by aRnd2it
    Fleet isn't troubling, unless you consider someone with integrity troubling. Fleet was there--He knows the Ramseys are involved in this crime up to their eyeballs. Fleet knows that someday he may be called upon to take the stand and testify against the Ramseys, and until then he will keep all he knows to himself.
    I agree...The only thing that is troubling to me is why is it that the White's seemed to be more concerned with JonBenet's death than her family. Remember Nedra's comment..."She was only molested a little bit," or something along that line. A little bit? Jesus, I can't even begin to tell you what I would do if I found my daughter strangled, molested and left in my basement.

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Posts
    6,932
    Quote Originally Posted by RiverRat
    Fleet and Priscilla have let us know, Jayelles. I 100% agree that they are keeping their testimony as untainted as it can be until that magic day arrives.

    RR
    Good for them.

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    Detroit 'Burb
    Posts
    2,832

    You're Probably Right

    Shock could I suppose explain FW's very unusual reaction when they were all in Atlanta. I suppose.

    It was a bit odd that he went into the bathroom to wipe JonBenet. Why didn't John or Patsy do it? He put a pair of Daphne's panties on her, and I think rinsed hers out a bit in the sink, correct? So her longjohns and black velvet pants were off at that time. We don't know if they were put back on her for the ride home, or just her coat.

    In another thread, someone said, JonBenet probably put her legs around her father and her arms around his neck when he carried her to the car, which could be where she got the black fibers from his shirt.

    What about the Whites' two visitor guys from California who belonged to a Kalli (sp?) club if I remember correctly? What's Kalli? Their girlfriend and, I believe, wife, had stayed home from the party on the 23rd, correct?

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast