Globe and Linda Arndt/FFJ Article

Linda Arndt is a complex character. I'm glad to see someone sticking up for her, but she brought much of her problems on herself.

She acted as if she had never heard the words "crime scene" before, or never had the most basic of police training. Had someone else been on duty that day this would probably be a whole different murder case.

Some of her biggest mistakes were:
Not sending all the Ramsey friends home when she arrived, and allowing them to continue to contaminate the crime scene.
Allowing a major witness (Burke) to just walk away from the crime scene without any proper interogation.
Telling untrained people to search the house just to keep them occupied.
Not keeping a close watch on John Ramsey to where she couldn't account for his whereabouts for almost 45 minutes.

Yes, she called for help, and no, she didn't get it. But that shouldn't have stopped her from observing proper police procedure.

Additionally, we know that Arndt went a bit looney after the crime, raising what Steve Thomas called 'concern among her fellow detectives'. And her account of her "mind exploding" and "counting her bullets" when JR brought the body upstairs is really bizarre.

Hi,

Tricia spiked my interest, so while in checkout today for groceries I read the first two pages.

Can you imagine if you were in Linda's position, coming into that setting and as soon as she saw John carring JonBenet up the stairs in full rigor, holding her away from his body, wouldn't the red flags start clicking in your head too!

I think her main mistake was allowing John to go downstairs by himself to look for her. She should told him to leave the premesis as it was a mising person crime scene, and used her gun for incentive if needed at that point.

She does paint John as the culprit who did it, IMHO. And now that I have read her accounting of what the body looked like, Johns demeanor and actions, I think he most likely did as well. Who else would have been using her for sex, enough for her to have scars that were not normal in her private area. A young boy like her brother or his friend would not be big enough to damage her to tht extent, I don't think.

Scandi

scandi said:
Who else would have been using her for sex, enough for her to have scars that were not normal in her private area. A young boy like her brother or his friend would not be big enough to damage her to tht extent, I don't think.
A young boy certainly would. She was molested with a broken-off paint brush handle. Do you see an adult getting sexually excited by that? It sounds more like a sibling playing "Doctor" with a tool he made.

After all of the crap that i've seen, it would NOT be unreasonable to think that an adult could have done the paintbrush thing, as well.
They've done plenty worse.

IslandGirl said:
After all of the crap that i've seen, it would NOT be unreasonable to think that an adult could have done the paintbrush thing, as well.
They've done plenty worse.
I'll agree with you about what adults having done MUCH worse.

However, in this case, you would have to believe that an intruder broke into the house, searched around until he found a copy of John Ramsey's bonus amount, studied Patsy Ramsy's writing enough to impersonate it, write the ransom note, construct the garrote, feed her pineapple...etc. ALL THAT--JUST TO POKE HER WITH A PAINT BRUSH.

THAT makes no sense at all - and never will.

She was wiped clean and they found the residue of the paint brush. I wonder if there were two assaults...the first one cleaned up, the second one the paint brush?

I don't know much about this case as all my knowledge has come from TV or the newspapers. I've never posted but a few posts here, so haven't really thought the case through.

Why can't they solve this case! It is beyond me, unless the police work at the scen and in the days following the discovery of her body were so badly botched that the evidence is simply not there or is not redeemable. If I were the Ramseys, and innocent, I would have sued the heck out of that political police force that kept her killer from being found and brought to justice. INEPT INVESTIGATION Don't even know if there is such a thing, or maybe the Ramseys did try to sue.

What I know is they moved away from Boulder, and that looks like out of sight, out of mind to me. If they did not try to sue for inept investigation of their daughters death I think they are guilty as can be, especially after reading the new info Linda has let out.

What I think about too, is that this little girl is still not at rest. Her killer has not been found and charged. Do you all think some day there will be an answer to this absolutely cruel murder? I think she suffered terribly and screamed bloody murder while she could. Must be why someone brought her down to that out of the way basement room. Oh Oh! here I go! :D

Love coming over here once in awhile though.

:blowkiss: Scndi

Scandi, you make some good points. Are you in LE? Since the Rs have sued several times already, that's a good question about why they haven't sued for inept policework...Perhaps someone here can tell us if that is even possible. If so, surely L Wood would have already done it. We know that he threatened a lawsuit with the city of Boulder over the case, and the fact that the Rs were "targeted", but wonder why he hasn't sued over bungling the investigation?

The real question is why LE hasn't sued the Ramseys in civil court to recover all the millions of dollars they spent investigating this crime. There is certainly enough evidence to convince a jury that the Ramseys participated in a coverup. And just like in the Peterson trial the jury will find the Ramseys actions AFTER the crime could only be the actions of a guilty party.

Sorry,

I didn't see this thread before posting about the Globe article on another thread.

What interests me about this article is the Globe got a new quote from Cyril Wecht that contains what I consider blockbuster information. Wecht, of course, believes that JonBenet died of asphyxia while being used in a sex game. He was quoted in the article as saying:

"The ligature around the neck was to bring her in and out of consciousness, for someone's sexual kicks. It was a game that had been played before, although from the medical standpoint alone, it's impossible to say who did it."

Wecht is saying IT WAS A GAME THAT HAD HAD BEEN PLAYED BEFORE. The game of course was erotic asphyxiation because that was what the ligature device around JonBenet's neck was for. It was not a garrote. Garrotes don't look anything like that.

Wecht is an experienced forensic pathologist as well as an attorney. He was one of the experts selected by LE to study the autopsy report and the photos. And he wrote a book on the case. He wouldn't say something he couldn't back up, especially at this late date.

If "the game had been played before" then that pretty well eliminates an intruder. Only a family member would have had multiple access opportunities to JonBenet for sexual purposes while using an EA device.

JMO

BlueCrab said:
"The ligature around the neck was to bring her in and out of consciousness, for someone's sexual kicks. It was a game that had been played before, although from the medical standpoint alone, it's impossible to say who did it."
Wecht makes three mistakes:
He decided JR was the perp early on and formed his opinions to support his belief.
He forgets he's talking about a 6-year old, not a 26-year old.
He doesn't factor in the head blow to his scenerio.

aRnd2it said:
Wecht makes three mistakes:
He decided JR was the perp early on and formed his opinions to support his belief.
He forgets he's talking about a 6-year old, not a 26-year old.
He doesn't factor in the head blow to his scenerio.

Rndt2,

Wecht follows the evidence. He hasn't forgotten anything. Six years old or 26 years old, if a sexual device is wrapped around her neck then a sexual device is wrapped around her neck -- age of the victim doesn't change the fact that a sexual device was wrapped around her neck.

JMO

BlueCrab,

Didn't LHP say she saw Burke leading the dog around with a device similar to the "garrote"?
What purpose would a "sexual device" serve on a dog?

The garrote was staging to hide the head blow. The Ramseys expected the body to be found right away after calling 911. Had the body been found then, and there was no garrote, the Ramseys would have looked very suspicious.

Hi Nehemiah,

No, I sell video surveillance systems for a living and am an artist whenever I can find the time to paint! LOL

It is just that as a novice to studying this case, the one point I have picked up from the media is that the forensic evidence was bungled from the go-get. Proper procedure was not followed and it seemed as though the Ramseys with all their clout did what they wanted. And I think money talked in the right circles, which is why this case was so politically corrupted right out of the shute !

To me John is very suspicious just from what he did that night when Linda was in the home, when he discovered her, or made it seem like that is what happened. Then his unloving wife helped cover for him by writing that note. I just know she wrote it - come on, are we that stupid when the handwriting matched hers~! Who could imitate her handwriting like that off the cuff. That would mean it was premeditated and someone had studied her writing to be able to duplicate her idiosyncrocies {sp}. I hardly think so.

Poor JonBennet. She was so abused either by things like paint brushes or you know whats. I wonder what she was thinking when this happened, besides the terror of it! Did she think it was her due for being such a beautiful beauty queen. Or that this is why and how they loved her? I do so feel for her, as I think she endured this cruel abuse for quite a measure of time before she was taken to deaths door.

She was helpless to fight it. Helpless is so 'feeling'; when she was tormented over and over. It is why I feel for all the children out there who can not stop the bad things that happen to them. It just makes me feel sick to think of it.

God bless her soal and the spirit she had to endure this. I hope that someday there will be an accounting for the evil and selfish way she was killed and that her killers will be brought to Justice. I now am mainly worried that her parents will die before the truth is brought forward. They need to be punished by mankind for the horror they inflicted on her as a person, if they were truely involved as I think they were. We know the Almighty will hold them at bay when he sees them coming towards those pearly gates!

Scandi

PS: This of course is just my gut feeling. If it is proven someday that her parents were truely innocent, then I will ask forgiveness for believing that they were guilty as sin! Oh, and I apologize ahead of time if you have heard these same thoughts before. Must be common thoughts among many!

scandi said:
Who could imitate her handwriting like that off the cuff. That would mean it was premeditated and someone had studied her writing to be able to duplicate her idiosyncrocies {sp}. I hardly think so.

Scandi,

Six handwriting experts appointed by the CBI say Patsy didn't likely write the ransom note and she was very close to being eliminated. In fact, Burke's handwriting proved to be closer to the handwriting in the note than was Patsy's. The CBI couldn't eliminate Burke as the writer.

JMO

BlueCrab said:
Sorry,

What interests me about this article is the Globe got a new quote from Cyril Wecht that contains what I consider blockbuster information. Wecht, of course, believes that JonBenet died of asphyxia while being used in a sex game. He was quoted in the article as saying:

Wecht is saying IT WAS A GAME THAT HAD HAD BEEN PLAYED BEFORE. The game of course was erotic asphyxiation because that was what the ligature device around JonBenet's neck was for. It was not a garrote. Garrotes don't look anything like that.

JMO
It was too many years ago for me to recover it, but I am 90% certain that Wecht made the claim that "it was a game that had been played before" very early on in the case (I don't have his book, but I saw this in an on-line write-up well before his book came out, probably in mid- to late-1997. The point is, I don't think it's actually "new" news. Perhaps others with better memories can confirm this. I thought it was a very compelling theory until other evidence came to light (e.g., John ruled out as RN writer; odds that PR wrote it very low; other intruder evidence, etc.)

BlueCrab said:
Six handwriting experts appointed by the CBI say Patsy didn't likely write the ransom note and she was very close to being eliminated.
You're beating a dead horse, BlueCrab. The six experts you speak of will be happy to tell you they can't identify Patsy as the author because the note is in disguised handwriting. However, anyone who views the comparisons of Patsy's exemplars to the note knows she wrote it. All it takes is a pair of eyes.

RE...Wecht's theory...

Don't criticise it until you've read his book. He has a complete theory accounting for all the injuries.

Since the head blow had to come after the strangulation (lack of bleeding in the brain following massive head blow), it wasn't staging, likely the coup de grace from a desperate killer who still detected a faint pulse (perhaps wrongly so) following the strangulation.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
3bell4010066bppts
Back