1117 users online (216 members and 901 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

NAMUS posts new image

NAMUS has created a new image of our guy, Grateful Jason Doe.

https://identifyus.org/cases/6095

It's been so long since I've posted a photo in here, I've forgotten how, sorry.
    Would someone do it for me please?

I've tried, but not sure if it's going to work.

Anywho, this new image is going to throw everyone off!

Feedback please

I'd really like to know how they came up with this image. Especially since our guy Grateful Jason Doe was cremated, wasn't he?
    Last edited by marysawol; 04-28-2012 at 01:16 AM. Reason: added last sentence

He looks so sweet

I am pretty certain that this image was based on the autopsy photos. I always wondered about Jason's nose in the bust that we have been working from. Perhaps this is a better representation of build as well!
    email me

Long Lost Love: The Bob Harrod Story Disappeared/ID Network
    Amazon: Purchase Long Lost Love $1.99

Bob Harrod SAR

“The first time someone shows you who they are, believe them.”
    ― Maya Angelou

Yes.. he does look sweet... compassionate even... a sparkle in his eye, and a lot more handsome than the others "pics" we have seen.

Interesting. I went back to the 1988 West Potomac High School in Alexandria VA to look again at the six Freshman and Sophomore boys named Jason. There were six total (4 freshmen and two sophomores).

I was focused on WPHS because Alexandria VA was the only city in Virginia on my 1994 HomePhone CD with a landline telephone prefix 914, and there was also a Caroline T from WPHS Class of 91 (who i tried to contact on Facebook, and she never responded).

There was a Freshman (Jason W) who looked somewhat like the old recon (but with short hair), but I found some records online to indicate that he was probably alive after 1995. There was also a sophomore named Jason S with long mullet hairstyle and an Ozzy tee-shirt. I could see that he even had a pierced ear. But it was his right ear, not his left (as was the case with Jason Doe).

And there was this guy - Jason C. It's a very unusual surname. I have been unable to even find anyone in Facebook, Ancestry.com, Veromi.net, WhitePages.com, etc. with that surname (with or without the a first name Jason).

I didn't pay him much attention before because he didn't look much like the older recon, but if you add 7 years to his age (to make him about 21), he might pass for the new recon.
    Last edited by CarlK90245; 10-14-2012 at 04:01 PM.

Carl, if you can't find anyone else with that surname, with or without the 1st name Jason, I wonder if the last name/surname was spelled with a typo in the HS year book you found. Maybe try seeing if you can find him in a year or two later and see if the surname is spelled the same. I recall a few typo's from my HS year books way back.

hth
    ~JMO~

A grandfather is someone with silver in his hair and gold in his heart. ~Author Unknown

Long Lost Love - Discovery ID - Disappeared - Bob Harrod Case

You can now purchase Mr. Harrod's Disappeared episode through Amazon, iTunes or YouTube.

Quote Originally Posted by Cubby View Post
    Carl, if you can't find anyone else with that surname, with or without the 1st name Jason, I wonder if the last name/surname was spelled with a typo in the HS year book you found. Maybe try seeing if you can find him in a year or two later and see if the surname is spelled the same. I recall a few typo's from my HS year books way back.

hth
    I figured that might be the case.

1988 was the only WIHS yearbook available in Classmates. And Classmates doesn't publish any yearbooks after 1988.

Carl, Did you google the last name?

By the way, great eye!

Quote Originally Posted by CarlK90245 View Post
    I figured that might be the case.

1988 was the only WIHS yearbook available in Classmates. And Classmates doesn't publish any yearbooks after 1988.

I think it's definately a typo. Especially if the surname does not appear in ancestry, or any other record.

Since classmates doesn't publish yearbooks after 1988, hopefully someone on the ground in Alexandria, VA will pop into this thread and can make a trip to the local library, if they carry the local HS yearbooks.
    ~JMO~

A grandfather is someone with silver in his hair and gold in his heart. ~Author Unknown

You can now purchase Mr. Harrod's Disappeared episode through Amazon, iTunes or YouTube.

Carl, you're absolutely right with the resemblance. (And I appreciate your yearbook sleuthing-- it helped me to find the very first photos of our formerly MP.) Going with Cubby's line of thought, if there are two typos in the last name, there are a lot more hits for living people with that name.

Quote Originally Posted by CarlK90245 View Post
    Interesting. I went back to the 1988 West Potomac High School in Alexandria VA to look again at the six Freshman and Sophomore boys named Jason. There were six total (4 freshmen and two sophomores).

I was focused on WPHS because Alexandria VA was the only city in Virginia on my 1994 HomePhone CD with a landline telephone prefix 914, and there was also a Caroline T from WPHS Class of 91 (who i tried to contact on Facebook, and she never responded).

There was a Freshman (Jason W) who looked somewhat like the old recon (but with short hair), but I found some records online to indicate that he was probably alive after 1995. There was also a sophomore named Jason S with long mullet hairstyle and an Ozzy tee-shirt. I could see that he even had a pierced ear. But it was his right ear, not his left (as was the case with Jason Doe).

And there was this guy - Jason C. It's a very unusual surname. I have been unable to even find anyone in Facebook, Ancestry.com, Veromi.net, WhitePages.com, etc. with that surname (with or without the a first name Jason).

I didn't pay him much attention before because he didn't look much like the older recon, but if you add 7 years to his age (to make him about 21), he might pass for the new recon.
    TY Carl. Is there a way for us to get a better look at the earlobes of the black and white photo of Jason C?
    Last edited by CarlK90245; 10-14-2012 at 04:01 PM.
    email me

Long Lost Love: The Bob Harrod Story Disappeared/ID Network
    Amazon: Purchase Long Lost Love $1.99

Bob Harrod SAR

“The first time someone shows you who they are, believe them.”
    ― Maya Angelou

I wouldn't even want to begin to guess the correct spelling. It would be much better if we could get someone to check the local library for a subsequent yearbook which would have the correct spelling. And then research from there....
    ~JMO~

Found the gentleman in the yearbook photo... He is alive. I should also mention how incredible some of the new reconstructions have been lately. I'd never guess this was a reconstruction.

Carl, was this Jason C a freshman or sophmore in the yearbook you looked at? tia
    ~JMO~

Sorry, I've been away for a few hours:

Quote Originally Posted by marysawol View Post
    Carl, Did you google the last name?

By the way, great eye!
    Yes, I did. Nothing comes up at all.

Quote Originally Posted by anneonymous View Post
    Found the gentleman in the yearbook photo... He is alive. I should also mention how incredible some of the new reconstructions have been lately. I'd never guess this was a reconstruction.
    Where did you find that?

Is this the site?
    http://tree52.com/Groups_Class.php?c...0Potomac%20H.S.

If so, I'm not sure that the inclusion of his name on this list means that he is alive.

Quote Originally Posted by Cubby View Post
    Carl, was this Jason C a freshman or sophmore in the yearbook you looked at? tia
    He was a Freshman in the 1987-1988 school year, so the guy Anneonymous found was probably the same guy. It's only a few letters off from the way it was spelled in the yearbook.
    Last edited by CarlK90245; 04-29-2012 at 01:05 AM.

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast