TX TX - San Antonio, WhtFem 20-50, UP10143, ring w/1962 East Central San Antonio w/initials CC, Mar'07

CarlK90245

UID Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
NamUs UP # 10143 https://identifyus.org/en/cases/10143

Unidentified White Female
Found March 23, 2007 on General-Hudnell Drive and US Highway 90 West, San Antonio (Bexar County) TX

Circumstances of death: The deceased was found in a severely decomposed state within a cement highway dividing structure that seperates the east and west bound lanes of Highway 90 West.

Height (inches): 64, Measured
Weight (pounds): 95, Measured
Body condition: Not recognizable - Decomposing/putrefaction
Hair: Brown head hair with black roots averaging 17 inches in length
Tattoos: 5 x 5 cm multicolored illegible tattoo on the left upper anterior chest wall
Clothing on body: The deceased was dressed in several layers of clothing from outer to inner: a brown jack over the left arm, a black and red windbreaker jacket, a long black sweater vest, a black vest, a dark blur t-shirt, a multicolored full sleeved shirt, a white tank top, a purple bra, blue sweatpants over blue jeans, and black panties.
Footwear: White socks and black high heeled boots
Jewelry: Two yellow rings, one with a red stone and the other with a pink stone, a copper colored skull ring, a gray metal ring, and a school class ring "1962 East Central San Antonio" with the intials C,C. inscribed on the inside.

Around the wrists-Five gray metal bracelets, a gray metal bracelet with a blue stone, and a gray metal bracelet with a blue and a clear stone, three copper colored bracelets, a beaded bracelet.

Around the ankle, a gray metal bracelet with multiple white beads, a yellow metal bracelet, a gray metal bracelet, and gray metal key ring with a cross pendant.

Other items: The brown jacket contained two cigarette lighters and a glass pipe. A black scrunchie around the hair.

Dental: Complete Dental Charting in available at the BCMEO.
DNA: DNA is the process of being submitted to UNT Center for Human Identification.

There is only one person with the initials C.C. from the East Central H.S. Class of 62.

2509575130045078242S425x425Q851.jpg

However, she is not the UID. She passed away on August 28, 2011.

http://www.puenteandsons.com/?sitei...item=409&obituaries_action=2&obituaryid=98379

Perhaps the UID is this woman's daughter? If so, are there any other living relatives?

This one should be pretty easy to solve.

I lost my class ring while out shopping right before graduation. I always wondered what happened to it. Wonder if this C.C. still has hers?

What I find strange is how she ended up "within a cement highway dividing structure" between the eastbound and westbound lanes of highway 90.

If you google map that location, all there is between the eastbound and westbound lanes is K-Rail. And there are only a couple of places where there is enough space between the K-Rails to fit a body.

Someone must have dumped her body there, but how could someone pull over at the center median on a very busy highway (visible to both directions of traffic) and dump a dead body? :waitasec:

CC is listed on this obituary as the step-daughter of the deceased (D.W., who passed away on July 28, 1998). DW's obit further mentions a wife AW of San Antonio (probably CC's mother), 12 grandchildren, 25 great-grandchildren; two great-great-grandchildren; and seven nieces and nephews.

http://files.usgwarchives.net/tx/tomgreen/obits/1998/072498.txt

I bet our Jane Doe is one of DW's 12 grandchildren.

I've been trying to locate a living relative of CC with no luck.

I was going through all the names of surviving relatives of DW from the obit that I linked-to above.

* I found a phone # for DW's wife (ACW of San Antonio, Born in 1925), but it was disconnected. BTW, her middle initial "C" is CC's surname, so this is probably CC's mother.
* I couldn't find anything on the daughter LW of Fort Worth.
* His Stepdaughter CC (whose photo is posted above) passed away in 2011.
* I tried calling his Son DW Jr. of Fort Worth, and reached a woman who didn't know who CC was.
* His Daughter BMS of Lohn TX passed away in 2011.
* I found a couple of phone #s for his son WW of Gunter TX, but one is disconnected, and the other is set to block incoming calls.
* Given his age, I am guessing that any siblings are likely too old to still be alive.

I probably could have reached CC or BMS if I had tried to reach them in 2007 when the Jane Doe was found. But they are deceased now.

It could be that our Jane Doe might not have any remaining living relatives. Or perhaps she got the HS ring from a thrift store, and isn't related to CC.

Class rings are usually purchased junior year. Is it possible CC dropped out or transferred and isn't in the yearbook you looked at?

Class rings are usually purchased junior year. Is it possible CC dropped out or transferred and isn't in the yearbook you looked at?

No, CC is the woman pictured above in Post #2 of this thread. The UID was wearing CC's ring, But CC isn't the UID. (1) CC died in 2011, and (2) A person who was 18 in 1962 would be much older than the estimated age of the UID.

I think I asked the question wrong. Is it possible there was ANOTHER CC who got a ring but didn't graduate?

I think I asked the question wrong. Is it possible there was ANOTHER CC who got a ring but didn't graduate?

It's possible, but I doubt it. There were only 48 Seniors in the Class of 62, and only one other student (BC) with a surname beginning with C.

She was also in the 1961 book as a Junior, and there were no other Juniors in 1961 with the initials C.C.

BTW, funny coincidence - the image on the cover of the 1962 yearbook is a drawing of a 1962 class ring.

It's possible, but I doubt it. There were only 48 Seniors in the Class of 62.

She was also in the 1961 book as a Junior, and there were no other Juniors in 1961 with the initials C.C.

Ah, thanks, so you did check the previous year. You've got mad skills.

In that case, I would think we were dealing with a relative of the CC you found or perhaps a family friend. My high school had a tradition where some people handed down their rings to daughters, nieces, godchildren etc, if they went to the same school. Not sure if that is done at public schools as well.

There is someone else in the country with the same name. I wonder if she could be a niece named after her aunt. Also, I've seen the name spelled with one L and LL, have you concluded which spelling is correct?

There is someone else in the country with the same name. I wonder if she could be a niece named after her aunt. Also, I've seen the name spelled with one L and LL, have you concluded which spelling is correct?

I've seen it in three places with the single L spelling.

Where did you find the other person with the same name?

Living in Rhode Island. Let me dig it up again. It's spelled with 2 Ls in the Rhode Island name. I'll PM you.

I've seen it in three places with the single L spelling.

Where did you find the other person with the same name?

What I find strange is how she ended up "within a cement highway dividing structure" between the eastbound and westbound lanes of highway 90.

If you google map that location, all there is between the eastbound and westbound lanes is K-Rail. And there are only a couple of places where there is enough space between the K-Rails to fit a body.

Someone must have dumped her body there, but how could someone pull over at the center median on a very busy highway (visible to both directions of traffic) and dump a dead body? :waitasec:

Based on what the report said about the many layers of clothing (2 jackets, several shirt and 2 pairs of pants. I don't think she was killed and dumped. My guess is that she was a homeless person who took shelter under the bridge area and died there....perhaps from exposure. It can get below freezing in San Antonio in March

(And while the hwy is busy, *if* she were murdered and dumped, it could have been in the wee hours of the morning when the hwy isn't that busy)

Melissa

Just came across this - interestingly, the CC from the yearbook was looked into to by LE or someone at NamUs as well - she's listed as a rule out. Also, ACW (CC's mother) predeceased her in 2006 - http://www.findagrave.com/cgi-bin/fg.cgi?page=gr&GSln=Watson&GSiman=1&GScty=1118&GRid=140155874&

I wish that there was some note if LE ever spoke to CC herself, since the remains were found in 2007 and she died in 2011. She may well have told them that she had lost the class ring back in 1965 or something...

So, this is kind of off, but Rena Longoria went missing at age 19 in 1994. I read on another website (fwiw) that she was adopted as her biological mother Cristina was only 12 when she had her. Could Cristina be CC's daughter? The ring was handed down at some point? It sounds like Rena could have had contact with her bio mother over the years. The UID's stats are pretty close to Rena's.

https://www.findthemissing.org/en/cases/17879/0
*edited to include a pic of Rena..
44de2bc52cf2001222f015c47b285a05.jpg

There is only one person with the initials C.C. from the East Central H.S. Class of 62.

2509575130045078242S425x425Q851.jpg

However, she is not the UID. She passed away on August 28, 2011.

http://www.puenteandsons.com/?sitei...item=409&obituaries_action=2&obituaryid=98379

Perhaps the UID is this woman's daughter? If so, are there any other living relatives?

This one should be pretty easy to solve.

My friend Rita, having just come off solving the Griffith Park Jane Doe case asked me if there were any other cases similar to that one that were suitable for genealogy research.

This case came to mind. Since CC's name is now on the NamUs rule-out list, and therefore is public information, we can name her by name Charlene Cirilo.

We know that the UID is not Charlene. She died in 2011.

Rita contacted some of Charlene's relatives and was told that Charlene has been in Mental Health-Mental Retardation (MHMR) institutions for most of her adult life. She had no children. Her relatives didn't know her very well, and did not know if she had any friends.

My guess is that someone in the MHMR system stole Charlene's high school ring. That would explain why the skeletal remains of the person wearing it were found between the K-Rails on the median of the eastbound and westbound lanes on a major freeway. People of sound mind don't end up in places like that, and it is very unlikely that someone was brazen enough to stop in the fast lane of a freeway in open view of both directions of traffic to dump a body between the K-Rails.

Could also be that she was a drug addict, she had a glass pipe and lighters on her, maybe she was high on crack/meth/whatever and fell off the bridge.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
soababiotiling
Back