Page 10 of 112 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718192060110 ... LastLast

Thread: 17 yo Trayvon Martin Shot to Death by Neighborhood Watch Captain #35

Quote Originally Posted by Karmady View Post
    He most certainly did. And I lost the forest for the trees for a moment there. I am now 99.9% convinced that O'Mara knows that the FBI enhancement was inconclusive or contrary. jmo
    I don't think the FBI would disclose anything to MOM since they, themselves, are investigating GZ. Good try though. jmo
    A lie will go round the world before the truth gets its pants on - Charles Spurgeon

2. The Following 19 Users Say Thank You to LambChop For This Useful Post:

Frank T. is in more danger than Zimmerman's family, IMO. No one wants to do anything to George's family, or even George, imo. It's all smoke and mirrors. Now don't get me wrong, I believe they have gotten hate mail, but pffttt!

MOO
    Justice for Trayvon

4. The Following 15 Users Say Thank You to LolaMoon08 For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by mercuriod View Post
    That is what I was saying, it was NOT the off-duty narcotics officer that took that supposed picture of GZ's head.
    OOOOhhhhhhh. I thought you were saying he did. Sorry. I need ice cream. lol
    A lie will go round the world before the truth gets its pants on - Charles Spurgeon

6. The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to LambChop For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by LolaMoon08 View Post
    I can't wait until an actual hearing in this case about whether or not evidence will be allowed in/out of the trial. All this over a bond hearing? It was a bond hearing! This was not a trial or even a hearing about evidence. Still trying to figure out why it was even brought up in the first place as O'Mara hadn't been given any discovery.

MOO
    It's sworn testimony. It will always be allowed to impeach direct testimony on the same subject.

ggulitigation.com/.../Impeachment-By-Prior-Inconsistent-Sworn-Statement-Handout.pdf -

8. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to Karmady For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenixfla View Post
    I don't understand. If the FBI concluded it was not GZ, and the two experts concluded it was not GZ, who else could it possibly be?

To me it indicates the FBI results were inconclusive or that they found that it was more likely GZ.
    It could have been a third, as yet unidentified, party. A horrified witness, say.

No, I don't think it was, but Gilbreath was asked if the testing itself identified the source of the voice. He had to respond "no." That won't prevent the State from arguing in the future that logical deduction leads one to the conclusion it was TM screaming.

And besides, the State had already decided to depend, for the moment anyway, on TM's mother's identification of the screams.

10. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to Nova For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by LambChop View Post
    I don't think the FBI would disclose anything to MOM since they, themselves, are investigating GZ. Good try though. jmo
    Maybe not, but I strongly believe that he knows it somehow. As I said, I am 99.9% certain that he knew the answer to that question before he asked it. It's jmo, I wasn't "trying" anything.

12. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Karmady For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Zak View Post
    BBM

So then if GZ is on the bottom (after being punched in the nose, having his head banged off of the concrete) and Trayvon is on the top of him..... with GZ screaming for help....they are fighting over the gun....GZ gets it first and shoots Trayvon.....at that point you would expect GZ to continue screaming for help even after the struggle is over? I think the screams for help going silent when the shot is fired works both ways. JMO
    It's possible. But it wouldn't surprise me at all if a person--who was genuinely in fear for his life--continued to scream after firing a shot. How would he know instantly that the shot had hit its mark?

14. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to Nova For This Useful Post:

It's sworn testimony. It will always be allowed to impeach direct testimony on the same subject.

ggulitigation.com/.../Impeachment-By-Prior-Inconsistent-Sworn-Statement-Handout.pdf -
    So? What did they say that was so bad? They couldn't very well answer questions they didn't know the answers to. IMO, it's none of their business what the SA has until it is ready to be handed over through discovery.

MOO
    Justice for Trayvon

16. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to LolaMoon08 For This Useful Post:

To be truthful I think the minute his story conflicted with the evidence (which was right away according to the homocide detective) GZ convicted himself. My problem with GZ was the minute he stepped out of the truck and did not listen to LE when they told him to return to the truck to meet patrol when they arrived. At that point I believe he decided TM's fate for him. jmo
    I understand what your saying. But the way I look at it is that he was just trying to keep an eye on TM until the police arrived. I have not seen anything to convince me that he approached TM. Maybe he did, or maybe TM came back and approached him. Maybe they were both walking toward each other at one point. I don't know. To me that is moot and the relevant question is who threw the first blow.

18. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Phoenixfla For This Useful Post:

They could still appear telephonically, or with security and bullet proof vests. jmo
    Perhaps telephonically while in bullet proof vests surrounded by security.

20. The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to highflyer For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by jjenny View Post
    GZ's jacket is red with black stripe on the back. Trayvon was wearing a grey hoodie (nothing red).
    Zimmerman's jacket...
    Attached Images Attached Images

22. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to vlpate For This Useful Post:

OOOOhhhhhhh. I thought you were saying he did. Sorry. I need ice cream. lol
    LOL, I don't have ice cream, but can offer white chocolate macadamia nut cookies or triple chocolate chip cookies, all homemade.

24. The Following 17 Users Say Thank You to mercuriod For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenixfla View Post
    Also, O'Mara took a huge risk asking that question if he did not already know the answer. He knew the answer because it was GZ screaming. If Gilbreath would have come back and said "Yes, we have concluded with a high probability that it was not GZ that screamed on the 911 call", it would have been the headline of every newspaper around the world. It was a huge risk.
    If the DA had those test results, they would come out eventually anyway.

All O'Mara risked was their coming out now, with plenty of time for the resulting furor to die down before trial. If the DA has such proof, the defense wants it out sooner rather than later, because it might affect O'Mara's entire approach to his defense of GZ.

26. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to Nova For This Useful Post:

Casey Anthony case shows scope of evidence possible in George Zimmerman case...

Why is discovery in court cases important? Because it gives defense attorneys — and the public — a peek inside the prosecution's case.

The state's most high-profile recent case showed the kind — and quantity — of evidence that's possible when discovery is released.

http://www.sun-sentinel.com/news/loc...,2889598.story

28. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to Adrienne37 For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by vlpate View Post
    Zimmerman's jacket...
    He's also wearing a gray t-shirt that could pass as a "white t-shirt" to a witness. With all the wrestling and tugging, I wouldn't be surprised if jackets had risen up.

Do we know what color shirt Trayvon had on underneath his hoodie?

MOO
    Justice for Trayvon

30. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to LolaMoon08 For This Useful Post:

When Zimmerman evidence is released, what will it show?
    Things to look for: Evidence of injuries to Zimmerman, bruises and cuts on Trayvon, inconsistencies in Zimmerman's five statements...

What evidence does Special Prosecutor Angela Corey have that prompted her to charge George Zimmerman with murdering Trayvon Martin? So far, she has refused to say.

Before long, though, she will be required by law to release the evidence — which fills several boxes. What will it show?

"It'll be like little bits and pieces that will have to be strung together," said Adam Pollack, an Orlando criminal-trial attorney. "Almost a bunch of little dots. Initially, the little dots don't make much sense, but if you step back, you see a bigger picture."

http://www.sun-sentinel.com/news/loc...,5841658.story

32. The Following 17 Users Say Thank You to Adrienne37 For This Useful Post:

Excellent, excellent point. You know "the rule"!
    The "rule" only applies to questions that are sure to go unanswered if unasked.

The tests of the screams are going to be made public whether or not O'Mara asks about them.

Frankly, what is odd is the willingness of some to believe Corey is relying on TM's mother's i.d. alone, without any preliminary, confirmatory testing. It's going to be HUGELY destructive to the State's case if testing reveals the screams to come from GZ after the State has made its assertions in the probable cause affidavit.

I think it's much more likely that preliminary testing has shown what we have heard: that the screams do not seem to come from GZ. So the SA is willing to rely on the mother's account while they wait for a positive vocal i.d.

I can't find any SYG man against woman. Man against criminal/s, woman against abuser. Yes, But not a darn one of a man protecting himself from a woman or teenage girl?
    Justice for Caylee

"We have a different stage. We have the same actress," Sheaffer said.

35. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to octobermoon For This Useful Post:

Maybe not, but I strongly believe that he knows it somehow. As I said, I am 99.9% certain that he knew the answer to that question before he asked it. It's jmo, I wasn't "trying" anything.
    I'm sure he checked to see if there was still an ongoing investigation by the FBI and we all know the FBI does not give up those reports easily. It's a pretty safe bet that the SA does not have any information other than OS and TM's Mom. Plus they cannot testify under oath that they know for certain because they don't. Only an expert could testify to that. MOM knows what an investigator can testify to and what he cannot. So some of the questions were pretty safe for MOM to ask because he did know the answer the investigator would have to give him in order to be truthful. jmo

37. The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to LambChop For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Adrienne37 View Post
    Things to look for: Evidence of injuries to Zimmerman, bruises and cuts on Trayvon, inconsistencies in Zimmerman's five statements...

What evidence does Special Prosecutor Angela Corey have that prompted her to charge George Zimmerman with murdering Trayvon Martin? So far, she has refused to say.

Before long, though, she will be required by law to release the evidence — which fills several boxes. What will it show?

"It'll be like little bits and pieces that will have to be strung together," said Adam Pollack, an Orlando criminal-trial attorney. "Almost a bunch of little dots. Initially, the little dots don't make much sense, but if you step back, you see a bigger picture."

I can't wait for the "dots" to start coming out! That's when Websleuths is at it's best. When we actually have evidence to piece together. Can't wait to see ConcernedPapa's maps showing GZ's actual claims and how Trayvon ended up where he ended up. Something tells me it's going to be veryyyyy interesting!

MOO
    Justice for Trayvon

39. The Following 18 Users Say Thank You to LolaMoon08 For This Useful Post:

When did he say that? Link please as

this keeps being repeated periodically even though I have never seen such a statement. As I've posted before:

Quote:
    Tracy Martin said the calls paint a stark picture of what were his son's final moments.
    "He was yelling for help, and no one could help him. He saw his life being taken away from him," Tracy Martin said.

Read more here: http://www.heraldonline.com/2012/03/...#storylink=cpy
    Quote:
    "My son was crying for help, and he still shot him," said Tracy Martin, Trayvon's father, upon listening to the tapes and hearing a voice believed to be his son terrifyingly muttering "No, no" as a gun-toting Zimmerman apparently approached.
    Not to mention what his mother said:

Quote:
    On the night of the shooting there were several 911 calls played by neighbors reporting a fight. In one of the calls, there is a voice in the background calling for help.

Sybrina says he believes that voice on the line is her son, telling Anderson, “I believe that's Trayvon Martin, that's my baby's voice. Every mother knows their child, and that's his voice. “

“He was afraid for his life,” says his father, “He saw his death coming. He saw his death coming. The screams got more frantic.”

I can hear the 911 tapes in my head. I can hear him yelling,” says Sybrina. “It's just very difficult as a mother to know that I had to bury my child

Read more: http://www.andersoncooper.com/2012/0...#ixzz1pzxgNo8e

Read more: http://www.andersoncooper.com/2012/0...#ixzz1pzxYhexL

Imo, that will NEVER happen. The State will also have to contend with Trayvon's father's initial statement that it was NOT Trayvon yelling.

BOYTWNMOM
    Three things cannot long be hidden the sun, the moon, and the truth. -Confucious

41. The Following 17 Users Say Thank You to Boytwnmom For This Useful Post:

LOL, I don't have ice cream, but can offer white chocolate macadamia nut cookies or triple chocolate chip cookies, all homemade.
    Homemade triple chocolate chip cookies. MMMMMMM.

43. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to highflyer For This Useful Post:

YUM you are now officially the baker of the thread.
    Justice for Caylee

"We have a different stage. We have the same actress," Sheaffer said.

45. The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to octobermoon For This Useful Post:

Thanks but I found a Klondike Bar and it's gone already. lol

47. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to LambChop For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Adrienne37 View Post

Ruh-Roh....So they are expecting a Florida jury, chosen from a panel of people who do not read or listen to the news, to actually connect the dots on some circumstantial evidence...hmmmmmmm... That could be a problem.
    “Every day that they don’t find something is good for me.“ Billie Dunn

49. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to katydid23 For This Useful Post:

Page 10 of 112 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718192060110 ... LastLast