Page 2 of 186 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 52 102 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by vlpate View Post
    As I clearly stated, it's a curiosity on my part and a comparison to COL where the money is concerned.

The Zimmerman's are also an innocent party to this. Conjecture as to what they did or didn't know at the bond hearing is just that, conjecture. Anyone is allowed to bring them into this as culpable to a perceived omission, but there's no proof they knew anything.

George's father and wife are victims as well, they had nothing to do with what happened that night. Next to death, seeing your son go to prison for life has to be a close second. Everything is relative.

I pray they are not vilified the way I've seen other parents of murder suspects vilified in the past. JMO
    I think the statute that was listed in the last thread said "reason to believe they 'should' have know". They knew of the account obviously by their admission so they should have known what was in the account before they swore to the court. Mr. RZ, Sr. did know better, he worked in the court system.

From this point on the Martin's are considered victims and we all know how we are expected to handle discussions about victim's families and I would hope we would all respect that. jmo

Quote Originally Posted by vlpate View Post
    BEM: I totally agree, but I, personally, would believe an eyewitness actually seeing the man on the bottom yelling, than an "ear witness" who is not an expert when it comes to a male's voice being 17 or 28. IMO

Regardless of how we each interpret the evidence, it is what it is, evidence. IMO
    But it's only evidence of him on the ground and not evidence of who was the first aggressor. If GZ was holding onto TM to keep him from leaving it's very likely that GZ could have fallen and taken TM with him. We all know GZ did not want TM to get away. That is obvious. jmo

rossva is offline George Zimmerman: Innocent until proven guilty.
    There are sveral sites set up for the Martins to receive donations. I will not list them here, but at least one of throug a w*p*y.com site, is being handled by MediumFour the marketing agency of Parks & Crump, the Martin family attorney, and can be verified through the firms website, http://parkscrump.com/. Just google "donations for Trayvon Martin", and you will find quite a few. I am not sure how many the Martins set up, but I am sure their attorney didn't set that one up with out their wishes.

Quote Originally Posted by HiHater View Post
    Does anyone know if the Martin family ever asked for money? We know GZ asked his supporters directly, did the Martin family?

Also, when GZ is found guilty , would that 200k be impacted by Son of Sam laws?
    " When ever you find yourself on the side of majority, it's time to pause and reflect."
    - Mark Twain

4. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to rossva For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by TorisMom003 View Post
    Oh I imagine he heard about it from his bail bondsman after MOM did that interview where he reported how much money Zimmerman had collected. If I am not mistaken the bail bondsman can decide to not cover any of the bail and have Zimmerman placed back in jail until Zimmerman pays or has someone else pay the entire amount. Didn't LP do something like that with CA?

MOO
    Yes, LP sure did. jmo

6. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to LambChop For This Useful Post:

I don't believe the issue is what they spent the money on, or whether or not that had a right to spend it on whatever they wanted to. The issue is what they said in court, MOM pleading that they had just about nothing, it was going to be so difficult for them to come up with money, that they'd need to mortgage a house. They can spend it on whatever they want, but they can't pretend that it didn't exist in court.

The issue is more of, what did they really know and when did they really know it. It doesn't add up that no one knew anything about the money, and that the only one who knew was RZ. They couldn't have spent 50K in just one instance, they must have been monitoring the account to know what was in there to take out for expenses.

Have there been any links or transcripts to yesterday's hearing? Wasn't it said that MOM said as of the day of the bond hearing there was 150K in the account?

ETA: And there's no comparison to this and the Martin's. The Martin's weren't under the obligation to disclose what they were given during a bond hearing.

JMHO

Quote Originally Posted by rossva View Post
    There are sveral sites set up for the Martins to receive donations. I will not list them here, but at least one of throug a w*p*y.com site, is being handled by MediumFour the marketing agency of Parks & Crump, the Martin family attorney, and can be verified through the firms website, http://parkscrump.com/. Just google "donations for Trayvon Martin, and you will find quite a few. I am not sure how many the Martins set up, but I am sure their attorney didn't set that one up with out their wishes.
    I don't think anyone is objecting to GZ setting up a site. The objection seems to be what went on in the bond hearing. The Martins can do whatever they want to do without criticism. They aren't on trial and didn't have a dead body in their trunk. jmo

Quote Originally Posted by annalia View Post
    I don't believe the issue is what they spent the money on, or whether or not that had a right to spend it on whatever they wanted to. The issue is what they said in court, MOM pleading that they had just about nothing, it was going to be so difficult for them to come up with money, that they'd need to mortgage a house. They can spend it on whatever they want, but they can't pretend that it didn't exist in court.

The issue is more of, what did they really know and when did they really know it. It doesn't add up that no one knew anything about the money, and that the only one who knew was RZ. They couldn't have spent 50K in just one instance, they must have been monitoring the account to know what was in there to take out for expenses.

Have there been any links or transcripts to yesterday's hearing? Wasn't it said that MOM said as of the day of the bond hearing there was 150K in the account?

JMHO
    Plus I can't believe GZ did not share a password to get into that account. Surely RZ, SZ or Sr. had GZ's computer once he was arrested so it would have been easy for one of them to access his account. I doubt GZ would withhold that from his wife. jmo

10. The Following 18 Users Say Thank You to LambChop For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by HiHater View Post
    Does anyone know if the Martin family ever asked for money? We know GZ asked his supporters directly, did the Martin family?
    sbm~

Yes, they did. There was a donation page set up by Crump's firm, I believe. It was discussed here previously.

12. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Karmady For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by LambChop View Post
    I don't think anyone is objecting to GZ setting up a site. The objection seems to be what went on in the bond hearing. The Martins can do whatever they want to do without criticism. They aren't on trial and didn't have a dead body in their trunk. jmo
    Who had a dead body in their trunk?

14. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to m00c0w For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by imamaze View Post
    Please continue here.

Remember the rules: http://www.websleuths.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=159
    Remember the "ignore" feature on your profile page.
    Please stick with the facts as reported by LE or MSM, and link them. Link them often if necessary.
    Please clearly state when it is your opinion. If you are making an inference please clearly outline and link the facts and evidence that have led you to form that inference. Wild speculation about any case player has no place here.
    Please PM a mod with any questions or concerns and alert any TOS violations or offensive posts.
    And finally, PLEASE address one another respectfully. Last reminder.

We are allowing MSM links only at this time...
    Blogs and Twitter links and discussion of them are allowed only if it's an approved WS link.
    The only approved links at this time are:
    Huffington Post
    Examiner - Isabelle Zehnder
    Richard Hornsby's site
    Hinky Meter

Thread #1 Thread #2
    Thread #3 Thread #4
    Thread #5 Thread #6
    Thread #7 Thread #8
    Thread #9 Thread #10
    Thread #11 Thread #12
    Thread #13 Thread #14
    Thread #15 Thread #16
    Thread #17 Thread #18
    Thread #19 Thread #20
    Thread #21 Thread #22
    Thread #23 Thread #24
    Thread #25 Thread #26
    Thread #27 Thread #28
    Thread #29 Thread #30
    Thread #31 Thread #32
    Thread #33 Thread #34

Just a reminder:
    WS does not permit links that request or suggest sending donations without the clear permission of the owners . This is to protect our members and for no other reason.

In this public forum, we need to stick to the facts of this case and that's our discussion here. Please, we ask that you do what you do best - SLEUTH THE CASE.

Looking for news links? Have you found a good MSM story you'd like to share? Please post these links in the Media Links No Discussion thread

SOUND OFF Private Forum Companion Thread
    Anyone feeling overheated or wishing to discuss the demonstrations, political, religious or racial aspects of the Trayvon Martin case, please check out our new forum in the private area of Websleuths accessible only to Websleuths members, called SOUND OFF.
    Warning: Be sure to read the Required Read sticky post. Link to Trayvon Martin Sound Off
    Thank you, dear heart, for getting us organized. I was just thinking there are so many threads here we are running amuck.... lol

16. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to LambChop For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by m00c0w View Post
    Who had a dead body in their trunk?
    Don't worry, it wasn't the Martins. jmo

18. The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to LambChop For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Karmady View Post
    sbm~

Yes, they did. There was a donation page set up by Crump's firm, I believe. It was discussed here previously.
    Which I believe they are within their rights to do, same as GZ. Anyone can do it and anyone can donate. jmo

20. The Following 17 Users Say Thank You to LambChop For This Useful Post:

I have a question about the address that Zimmerman claimed to have needed to get for the dispatcher. What address was he getting and why was he getting an address? Zimmerman knew where he had left his truck so it wasn't the address for that. Trayvon was "running" for the back entrance so it wasn't an address for where he went. So what address was it that was needed?

22. The Following 19 Users Say Thank You to TorisMom003 For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by LambChop View Post
    Which I believe they are within their rights to do, same as GZ. Anyone can do it and anyone can donate. jmo
    Hey, I was just answering a specific question I kept my opinion about it to myself.

24. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Karmady For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by TorisMom003 View Post
    I have a question about the address that Zimmerman claimed to have needed to get for the dispatcher. What address was he getting and why was he getting an address? Zimmerman knew where he had left his truck so it wasn't the address for that. Trayvon was "running" for the back entrance so it wasn't an address for where he went. So what address was it that was needed?
    Great question.....he NEVER got an address, NEVER gave an address on that street to the dispatcher.....so that alone makes his story a LIE. He "went to get an address and was returning to his truck". HOWEVER, he reported no address to the dispatcher from that little trek, so what was he really doing???? That is obvious (chasing down TM) because he wasn't even anywhere near being on that sidewalk going toward his truck when he killed TM.

jmo

Page 2 of 186 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 52 102 ... LastLast