GUILTY CA - Xioamara Fernandez, 9, murdered, stepdad charged, Long Beach, 28 April 2012

JoeFromLB

Reaction score
http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/lan...m=feed&utm_campaign=Feed:+lanowblog+(L.A.+Now)

April 28, 2012

The bloodied body of a young girl was discovered Saturday morning in a Long Beach parking lot next to a man who might be her father, who was still alive but suffering from self-inflicted wounds, police said.

The man has been arrested on suspicion of murder. The girl, believed to be about 9, had fatal cuts to her upper body and was pronounced dead at the scene, police said.

The man, whom Long Beach police declined to name, is believed to be the girl’s father or stepfather, said spokeswoman Nancy Pratt.

Thanks Joe.

My guesses

First line.... FILIA just below it looks like THIS (alternatively it could be FILM THIS)

Under that and to the left, looks like maybe Mary then maybe FU WIN

No new news here locally. Saw the news helicopters hovering overhead yesterday around 3-4 in the afternoon, my next door neighbor checked local news and got the sketchy story of a dead 9 year old and father being hospitalized. We live across the 405 freeway from the church (maybe 1/4 mile). My daughters are 8 and 10 and my son is 12. Ironically we were at our 8 year olds soccer game from 9-10 at Millikan High school's field, just down the street from the church and the location of the body(ies).

One of the girls on her team were heading over to the church fair- we could see the ferris wheel from the field, so they would have been arriving close to the time of the discovery at 11:00 ( we were just leaving the field around 9:45). Hopefully we'll have more info locally tomorrow.

Although LB is a large community population wise- the neighborhoods around the several elementary schools here are close-knit. Kids on various teams together, parks and rec activities etc.

I'll probably know some inside info as early as practice on Wednesday. I will pop on as soon as I know anything. News can travel quite fast amongst my neighbors.

So sad, tragic, and utterly heartbreaking. Why these men don't just kill there own damn selves is beyond me, what cowards.

They were found in a parking lot near the church. So there was a fair at the church?

They were found in a parking lot near the church. So there was a fair at the church?

The nearby Catholic church, St. Joseph's, is holding their parish fair this weekend. It's a block away.

The bodies were found next to the Methodist church.

In the ABC article a woman talked about him parking his car and slamming car doors and it being late at night. But with a little fair going on, there is always a chance of teens still being up and running around in the area.

He walked her three blocks then killed her where she was found. He took time to write in blood, then injured himself. He was taking a big risk of being seen.

Wondering why they say self inflicted. They seem sure about that. Thinking this was a murder meant to look like someone else attacked him.

Thanks Joe.

So, it was the Methodist church at Willow and Wardlow? Still very close to us. Not much info locally, it is the weekend though. I have a few friends that are Police Officers here in LB, and my son's teacher is ex LE... I'll see what I can find out tomorrow.

I'll keep checking in here though... you all seem to have better info than I do!

What a terrible crime against this little girl by someone she was suppose to spend her life trusting and looking up to for guidance. He could not have let her down more.

This is the first time I have seen a news clip from California and imo this little girl was further let down by KTLA5 news anchor Mary Beth McDade. McDade is wearing a shirt that looks like it has been ripped by an assailant with hair and earrings that look very out of place. Her 'look' may be stylish in a club trying to attract a partner for the night but as a professional reporting the news? Does she normally report sexual assaults looking like she has just been sexually assaulted? She is giving such crimes the OK, imo. The other women commentators/spokespersons look great and I believed and trusted them.

I realize 'sex sells' but M-BM's look is not helping women's expectation of respect and safety. Will stick with CNN where the women wear suits and other appropriate attire and look like they are impartial persons reporting serious business.

Just my observation. I hope justice will be served for this crime victim with no subtle, negative influence.

What a terrible crime against this little girl by someone she was suppose to spend her life trusting and looking up to for guidance. He could not have let her down more.

This is the first time I have seen a news clip from California and imo this little girl was further let down by KTLA5 news anchor Mary Beth McDade. McDade is wearing a shirt that looks like it has been ripped by an assailant with hair and earrings that look very out of place. Her 'look' may be stylish in a club trying to attract a partner for the night but as a professional reporting the news? Does she normally report sexual assaults looking like she has just been sexually assaulted? She is giving such crimes the OK, imo. The other women commentators/spokespersons look great and I believed and trusted them.

I realize 'sex sells' but M-BM's look is not helping women's expectation of respect and safety. Will stick with CNN where the women wear suits and other appropriate attire and look like they are impartial persons reporting serious business.

Just my observation. I hope justice will be served for this crime victim with no subtle, negative influence.

I didn't take any offense to Marybeth or her clothing choices. It is a fashion forward outfit, but not out of line in any way, in my opinion. I do not see anything about her appearance which might give rapists or killers 'the OK'.

She looks pretty normal for California local news stations. Nothing about her that would be considered "sexual". Girls who go to clubs in California don't look ANYTHING like her. :what:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RayaCo
Back