1168 users online (180 members and 988 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3 11 12 13
    About 10 miles outside of Philadelphia, PA
    Louise, thank you so much for the update. A lot of us will be thinking of you and your family today, and keeping you close to our hearts. It must be such a tough time for you, especially having had the experience before. A lot of us, including myself, can only imagine.

Please don't worry about us. I think everyone here respects each other even if we sometimes disagree. More importantly, we all think about you & George, and want to be here for you. I hope that George will be okay. Today must be very difficult for him. Many of us will be thinking of him, and wishing him strength.

Louise - you have a PM.

Trino - I can see JerseyGirl's point. And I think she's been quite restrained in her responses. What you said sounded rather like a "throwaway" line. Also, it's a bit too much of a generalisation to declare that suicidal women want to go out Cleopatra-style: we're all different. I do speak from experience here - I've been on the "receiving end" of my former partner's suicide and if anyone had turned round to me at the time and said his actions didn't square with his loving me I would have been absolutely devastated. In a convoluted way, that's why he did it. Seven years on (almost to the day) I'd just say that I don't think when someone's that distressed we can say what they're thinking or not thinking.

Sorry, JerseyGirl: just had to give my 2 cents: I'll shut up now!

About 10 miles outside of Philadelphia, PA
    I've been on the "receiving end" of my former partner's suicide and if anyone had turned round to me at the time and said his actions didn't square with his loving me I would have been absolutely devastated.

This is exactly what I meant, and that was my main concern. Thank you for helping me to explain it a little better.

Seven years on (almost to the day) I'd just say that I don't think when someone's that distressed we can say what they're thinking or not thinking.

There's a lot of truth in that. Statistics tend to go in one direction or another but they don't account for every person in every situation.

Sorry, JerseyGirl: just had to give my 2 cents: I'll shut up now!

No ... welcome. Your points are well taken.

I'm so sorry for the experience you've been through. It must be so confusing. I think it's wonderful that you're reaching out to others in a similar situation. Thanks for joining us here.

Quote Originally Posted by JerseyGirl
    I think it's wonderful that you're reaching out to others in a similar situation.
    Thanks for your kind words, JerseyGirl. If anything I've experienced can help someone else then I feel that's what I ought to be doing. I do think that it's one of those things that you simply can't understand unless you've been there. And of course everyone reacts differently. There is so little anyone can say that's comforting for Louise at this time. I have to say that it really is something I wouldn't wish on my worst enemy (and as a true Scorp, I do understand the meaning of "enemies" and "revenge"!) and my heart goes out to Louise as I see it's not the first suicide of someone close to her. I simply couldn't imagine going through all that again. I just pray that Dody found the peace she was looking for.

tennessee is offline Blew out my flipflop. Stepped on a pop top . . .
    Louise-

I just wanted you to know I am thinking of you, George and the rest of your family today. You might never have an answer to the whys. Just remember what a beautiful person Dody was and how much love you all shared.

Wishing you peace.

louise is offline Things are not always what they appear to be

Dody

Good Morning My Friends;

Sincere Thanks From George And Myself For The Love, Prayers And Comfort Afforded Our Family Throughout This Ordeal.

There Were Over 250 People In Attendance At Dody's Funeral Yesterday. George Is Overwhelmed At The Outpouring Of Love For Dody. It Was Of Course A Very Hard Day For Him And The Family.
    Fortunately Dody And George Have Very Close Friends Who Are Retired From The Ministry. I Believe That God Sends Angels And Surley They Were Sent To George.

Today Is The Beginning Of A New World For George. The Reality Has Begun, The Family And Friends Are Departing And He Will Be Left With An Empty House And Memories Of His Love. Please Continue To Keep Him In Prayer For Peace.

Thank You All Again And God's Blessings Always

Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3 11 12 13